Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

24 minutes ago, ICG said:

Success will be how well the market responds...

Test the waters.  ....  Hope AC takes orders this Fall.  I'm game to order one.

I tried to buy one on Friday. Dealer doesn’t think Textron will sell it yet. They will let me know Monday if cat decides to let people buy them

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ICG said:

Success will be how well the market responds...

Test the waters.  ....  Hope AC takes orders this Fall.  I'm game to order one.

20 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I tried to buy one on Friday. Dealer doesn’t think Textron will sell it yet. They will let me know Monday if cat decides to let people buy them

They will start taking orders in February.

15 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Greatly surprised that they didn't offer pre season 2024 orders to boost marketing hype. . . .

Maybe they want to maximize market pull, verses selling out the entire 2024 production this afternoon?

59 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Frankly- I was impressed. I was up near the front. Huge crowd. The composite running boards were pretty cool.

It was everything that we all expected it to be. Upgraded engine, seating, etc....

They promised a new big bore next year. 

Is it enough to get me to sell my new Polaris VR-1 and go back to Cat? Probably not....I think Cat has a comparable offering, but nothing that is going to make people leave the Poo and Doo camp..... 

20220910_135926.jpg

20220910_142504.jpg

20220910_142520.jpg

20220910_142628.jpg

20220910_141847.jpg

20220910_142618.jpg

that's all nice and stuff... but did you see Ramstad?

:lol:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that's all nice and stuff... but did you see Ramstad?

:lol:

@ZR6000RR Of course not. I looked.....I called Jim's name.....I sent up flares.... NO JIM.

Jim's nothing but a poser to begin with. Anyone that is in love with the Cat Blast, obviously isn't very hardcore.... If he was truly the Cat maniac that he claims he is, he would have been there today. :fullofshit:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@ZR6000RR Of course not. I looked.....I called Jim's name.....I sent up flares.... NO JIM.

Jim's nothing but a poser to begin with. Anyone that is in love with the Cat Blast, obviously isn't very hardcore.... If he was truly the Cat maniac that he claims he is, he would have been there today. :fullofshit:

he was looking at the Procross models, because Cat doesn't need a new chassis

sure were a lot of people there to see the new chassis based on the pictures I saw, which is good for Cat

Well, it's official now at least.  Was the iPad lady there to strut around nervously and read from her device? LOL

I'm anxious for the '23-'24 season when my diehard Cat buddy has the new big bore in this Catalyst chassis.  It will be fun to compare against the Matryx.  I do have to wonder though, is this enough to bring back those who converted to Doo and Poo over the past several years?  We already know the diehard Cat guys won't go anywhere else, so this will scratch the itch for a small number of folks.  Personally, I'm hopeful this thing is fantastic and more importantly, the big bore ends up being durable and can deliver on the power.

Thanks for the pics, Bryan ... you had a good day up there, it looks like!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Seat looks as comfortable as a 2x4.

Does come with the Iinq brackets. ...errr I mean whatever Cat wants to call them. I smell another lawsuit.

Wonder if the accessories will be as expensive as BRP?

33 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Seat looks as comfortable as a 2x4.

Does come with the Iinq brackets. ...errr I mean whatever Cat wants to call them. I smell another lawsuit.

Wonder if the accessories will be as expensive as BRP?

Have to be cheaper to break into the market imo 

linq stuff is stupid money 

39 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'mma just going to drop this right fucking here.

https://fb.watch/fu81YPD91R/

Herf told me it's the best sled he's ever ridden and he's ridden them all.  Talked with him a bit about his preference for 129 on the Procross.  He said with the centralized mass on the new chassis that the 137 rides like a 129.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Herf told me it's the best sled he's ever ridden and he's ridden them all.  Talked with him a bit about his preference for 129 on the Procross.  He said with the centralized mass on the new chassis that the 137 rides like a 129.

What else is he supposed to say?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

What else is he supposed to say?

Considering they never went with a 137 and the updated front suspension because the old setup was better, I guess I'll just take him at his word on that.

Another thing he mentioned is that the testing he did was on the machine in that video. The mountain sled has many of the same components.  If they can't break it on the cross country track then the mountain guys should be good.

Who knows if it will be the best thing ever.  Demos will be available in the spring so ride one and buy it if you like it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

I had a few talks with the guys I know that are in the know and they say the same thing.  I have no reason to doubt them.

Makes me want to go back to hacking it out.

On 9/10/2022 at 4:43 PM, Not greg b said:

https://snowgoer.com/news/cat-unveils-new-catalyst-chassis-for-2024-kind-of/31001/

it does have belt drive, composite running boards, new efi system, new crank for the 600. 

No way those composite boards live long on an off trail sled. The bitch is, instead of bending a board and being able to ride it out, you’re going to have a missing board when it breaks into 10 pieces instead of bending. 

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

No way those composite boards live long on an off trail sled. The bitch is, instead of bending a board and being able to ride it out, you’re going to have a missing board when it breaks into 10 pieces instead of bending. 

Ahhh I am trying to remember the last time I had a running board fail. The one piece tunnel is more of an issue 

• Like 1