Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

3 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

So, what engine does Cat have in the pipeline that they were willing to wait on it, rather than just put the 800 in the new chassis?  Why not put the 800 in the new chassis?

A - Engine blocks need to be modified and they couldn't figure out how to make the 800 work.

B - They have a new engine almost ready to go and wanted to put all their R&D into a new engine rather than try to squeeze one or two more years out the 800.

C - They're testing the waters with the 600 to make sure the chassis is solid before putting any more money into it.

D - ?

All of the above 

2 hours ago, p51mstg said:

So, what engine does Cat have in the pipeline that they were willing to wait on it, rather than just put the 800 in the new chassis?  Why not put the 800 in the new chassis?

A - Engine blocks need to be modified and they couldn't figure out how to make the 800 work.

B - They have a new engine almost ready to go and wanted to put all their R&D into a new engine rather than try to squeeze one or two more years out the 800.

C - They're testing the waters with the 600 to make sure the chassis is solid before putting any more money into it.

D - ?

They ran out of time and can't figure out how to get competitive power out of their brand new 3rd times not a charm 800.

E. Cat has zero fucking idea what theyre doing and the new chassis was just a prototype held together by bubblegum and paper clips and textron may just fold the snowmobile division if things don’t go right on any number of fronts. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ACE said:

I’ve had several ski doo 800’s and they all blew up 

I’ve had two cat 800’s and neither blew up 

I find it amazing all the engine troubles people have.   I've had and been around dozens and dozens of 800/850's from all the mfg's and don't know one that has "blown up" (seized).   I think people need to learn to use decent gas/oil and let the sleds warm up properly.   

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I find it amazing all the engine troubles people have.   I've had and been around dozens and dozens of 800/850's from all the mfg's and don't know one that has "blown up" (seized).   I think people need to learn to use decent gas/oil and let the sleds warm up properly.   

If you knew anything about motors and actually been inside a doo 800 you’d know why they’re such crap. Really under built junk 

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

If you knew anything about motors and actually been inside a doo 800 you’d know why they’re such crap. Really under built junk 

I was inside my older doo 800 (2002).   My debate isn't that they couldn't do things better....my debate is why so many have such problems when literally nobody in our group of 15-20 guys have had a problem with any 800 or 850.   Cat, Doo or Poo.  We are probably talking 100 sleds in the past 20 years. 

You don't need to go inside if there isn't any issues.  Maybe we are just lucky.

Seems strange if Doo was putting out such junk that they would sell so damn many. :news: 

Edited by Highmark

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I was inside my older doo 800 (2002).   My debate isn't that they couldn't do things better....my debate is why so many have such problems when literally nobody in our group of 15-20 guys have had a problem with any 800 or 850.   Cat, Doo or Poo.  We are probably talking 100 sleds in the past 20 years. 

You don't need to go inside if there isn't any issues.  Maybe we are just lucky.

Seems strange if Doo was putting out such junk that they would sell so damn many. :news: 

I remember when our dealer had a lineup of about 20 800 pteks to rebuild 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Those junks were somehow worse than a series 3 800 

Single ring, weak crank and junk greased bearings and poor cooling 

hard to beat a Zuk twin 

Edited by ACE

37 minutes ago, ACE said:

I remember when our dealer had a lineup of about 20 800 pteks to rebuild 

Ours literally kept an inventory of short blocks right behind his counter stacked up at least a half dozen at a time.  In later years it was Polaris short blocks.  I’ve blown up one of each.  And a 900 turbo but that was a fluke.

Edited by DriftBusta

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I’ve had several ski doo 800’s and they all blew up 

I’ve had two cat 800’s and neither blew up 

i've had 4 800's and an 850 ski doo and none have blown up,  i did wait for Etec to buy a doo 800

Edited by Angry ginger

Friggin zuk twins 

start it and let it warm up

spend a 1/2 mile cleaning the engine out. Farting and spitting raw fuel and oil all over the snow 

but never blow up and go like stink once they clean out 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i've had 4 800's and an 850 ski doo and none have blown up,  i did wait for Etec to buy a doo 800

Smart move by Doo ditching the Isoflex on the 850’s.👍🏼

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Friggin zuk twins 

start it and let it warm up

spend a 1/2 mile cleaning the engine out. Farting and spitting raw fuel and oil all over the snow 

but never blow up and go like stink once they clean out 

If the Zuk 8 was available in the new chassis I'd order one.

• Like 1