Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Buddy saying the 600 is under 400 lbs 

which doo did with the TNT 600 but that chassis was junk so I doubt it’s true 

400 lbs is hard to do with any amount of structural rigidity. Skidoos also got heavier with etec. I don't think 400 lbs is the benchmark cat should be striving for. 

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

400 lbs is hard to do with any amount of structural rigidity. Skidoos also got heavier with etec. I don't think 400 lbs is the benchmark cat should be striving for. 

No. Maybe 450-460

16 hours ago, Anler said:

This new cat style looks awfully familiar...

I don't think so. When you look real close the entire front end is different. Doo's G4 platform is very front end heavy, this has the motor much farther back.

16 hours ago, Anler said:

Oh that's right...

57640.png

• Platinum Contributing Member

Saying the new motor isn't ready does not show well for them in my book.   They are already 5 years behind motor wise and now they need another year.  Get with the program Cat.  

Just now, stinkipinki said:

I don't think so. When you look real close the entire front end is different. Doo's G4 platform is very front end heavy, this has the motor much farther back.

I was a skidoo guy for 25 years and they have always been front heavy and twitchy feeling. I left for Polaris after riding a pro s for a weekend. That chassis was super balanced and handled way better that the xp. 

• Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

Saying the new motor isn't ready does not show well for them in my book.   They are already 5 years behind motor wise and now they need another year.  Get with the program Cat.  

Well they still have another year to figure it out lol

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I dunno. I’d rather wait a year than end up with an engine that’s junk like doo or poo 

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I disagree.
It keeps people speculating...there is no way in hell they are just going to come out with the same o'l 800. The 600 CTEC (which btw is a great mill and helped Cat win sled of the year in 14) is being reworked, and I bet they come out with a 840-900cc motor for the larger displacement option.  If they told everyone now, 2 years before it came out, it gives competitors notice and will let them react sooner. If they know Cat is coming out with a 900 for example, they might react to that. I think its smart for Cat to keep the big engine under wraps.

What I am also truly curious about is, the agreement between Cat and Yamaha. Is that contract done?

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

I dunno. I’d rather wait a year than end up with an engine that’s junk like doo or poo 

I haven't heard of any engine problems with doo or poo 850's. And I don't mean read on the internet heard I mean we talk to a few large dealerships and engine problems have been miniscule. Shit the poo 800 was a beast, I have almost 6000 miles on mine. Flawless 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

An all new engine is never good. 

The Catalyst 600 CTEC isn't all new, it's just reworked.
This new, larger engine I'm sure will be somewhat similar to their 800 CTEC 2, with just a bigger bore. The big question is, what exactly will Cat land on.... 850, 880, 900, 950....who knows. It's exciting to know that this is all real now, and the Haters are out in full force.

Just now, stinkipinki said:

The Catalyst 600 CTEC isn't all new, it's just reworked.
This new, larger engine I'm sure will be somewhat similar to their 800 CTEC 2, with just a bigger bore. The big question is, what exactly will Cat land on.... 850, 880, 900, 950....who knows. It's exciting to know that this is all real now, and the Haters are out in full force.

600's all seem to be more reliable than the 800+CC's. 

Yeah cat is going to need to come out with an 800+cc for people to get excited about it. I own 3 modern Polaris sleds but skidoo still has the most refined machines on snow. The etecs run like a damn sewing machine and are the benchmark for economy and efficiency. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I haven't heard of any engine problems with doo or poo 850's. And I don't mean read on the internet heard I mean we talk to a few large dealerships and engine problems have been miniscule. Shit the poo 800 was a beast, I have almost 6000 miles on mine. Flawless 

850’s aren’t lasting here.  

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Just now, ACE said:

One of my riding buds put 5000+ miles on one last season. He is the service manager for a dealership. I think he said they sell about 300 new sleds a year (includes Yamahas). No real engine issues with the 850's. Said they had one 850 fail the first year but it was an rmk. Polaris shipped a new engine and gave customer an extra year of warranty and like $250 in accessories to make it right. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

One of my riding buds put 5000+ miles on one last season. He is the service manager for a dealership. I think he said they sell about 300 new sleds a year (includes Yamahas). No real engine issues with the 850's. Said they had one 850 fail the first year but it was an rmk. Polaris shipped a new engine and gave customer an extra year of warranty and like $250 in accessories to make it right. 

Here they seem like your typical doo 2 stroke. Not as bad as Polaris but I wouldn’t want one off warranty 

11 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I disagree.
It keeps people speculating...there is no way in hell they are just going to come out with the same o'l 800. The 600 CTEC (which btw is a great mill and helped Cat win sled of the year in 14) is being reworked, and I bet they come out with a 840-900cc motor for the larger displacement option.  If they told everyone now, 2 years before it came out, it gives competitors notice and will let them react sooner. If they know Cat is coming out with a 900 for example, they might react to that. I think its smart for Cat to keep the big engine under wraps.

What I am also truly curious about is, the agreement between Cat and Yamaha. Is that contract done?

Doo and Poo aren't "reacting" to anything that Cat does these days.They are walking their own paths one upping each other. Cat has been irrelevant for so long all Cat guys can do is speculate just as you keep doing here.You guys have been doing it since the Procross came out and got nothing.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Doo and Poo aren't "reacting" to anything that Cat does these days.They are walking their own paths one upping each other. Cat has been irrelevant for so long all Cat guys can do is speculate just as you keep doing here.You guys have been doing it since the Procross came out and got nothing.

Skidoo is still #1 so they are the target. They make damn nice machines.