Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I remember test driving a 2008 rtx at a Yamaha show event. Most squirrelly dangerous sled I’ve ever driven lol

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

Think they one I drove was an 09.. holy fuck what an abomination 

It’s like it wanted to kill you 

The whole problem with the shorty it was just too short, I relocated my skid to accommodate a 129" track, some hygear slicast A-arms, and took 40lbs off the sled. It was a night and day difference 

Screenshot_20220716-113248.png

Screenshot_20220716-113304.png

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 1

I had a little Honda snowblower for the sidewalks and it was the most reliable easy starting, quiet running miserable piece of shit I think i have ever seen. I think it was designed and built by people who had never seen snow. I feel the same way about the Nytro.

• Haha 1

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I had a little Honda snowblower for the sidewalks and it was the most reliable easy starting, quiet running miserable piece of shit I think i have ever seen. I think it was designed and built by people who had never seen snow. I feel the same way about the Nytro.

Had you ridden a well setup one with 200+ hp you would have felt different.

Just now, f7ben said:

Had you ridden a well setup one with 200+ hp you would have felt different.

Right but as delivered it sucked. Buying a new sled and then having to replace the skid and front a arms and shocks seems like a waste of money. 

10 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Right but as delivered it sucked. Buying a new sled and then having to replace the skid and front a arms and shocks seems like a waste of money. 

I had a stock 2012 xtx that I put 1500 miles on. It was ok in stock form. I added the oft steering relocator and that made it 100x better ergonomically. The game changers were the spindle change and skid relocate. Sled handled so much better and was 3-4mph faster on top which made it tolerable. I agree though the entire package in stock form even with improvements over the years from the factory was just ok. The sled should have been marketed as a fast trail sled and come with 150hp and a proper setup. 

2 hours ago, Turbo Kitty said:

I like the way I can change my shocks from soft , medium, hard,  it works as it should, on a flat groomed trail  suspension set on soft, it sets down and is gone, 280 hp setting get my adrenaline all cranked up. 

Not the atac cat system the smart stock from skidoo...

• 1 month later...

The marketing team should be hung...this literally is the biggest moment for Cat after the long wait and nothing. There are no teasers, no spy shots that make people guess, no controlled leaks...

I hope for something spectacular, but will be happy with a highly competitive entry. 

9 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

The marketing team should be hung...this literally is the biggest moment for Cat after the long wait and nothing. There are no teasers, no spy shots that make people guess, no controlled leaks...

I hope for something spectacular, but will be happy with a highly competitive entry. 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

A refined and lightened procross with a 900 is all I need 

Over on HCS I keep hearing about belt drive on the trail sleds.🤔

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Over on HCS I keep hearing about belt drive on the trail sleds.🤔

I've seen belt drive on trail sleds...cheap belts and no chaincase maintenance. Bearing maintenance is a separate issue. Easy to change gearing though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Ramstad says its not gonna take the abuse of a casual trail rider like Himself. :lol2:

Holy fuck that guy is annoying…impossible to even discuss the new chassis with that  green bootlicking bunghole around.😂🤬

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I've seen belt drive on trail sleds...cheap belts and no chaincase maintenance. Bearing maintenance is a separate issue. Easy to change gearing though. 

Belt drive is probably fine for the ones who cruise around and don't ride their sleds hard.  But for the ones who ride aggressively and catch air in the ditches and what not, that belt drive better hold up to the tracks hitting the ground abruptly.  I'm pretty certain that's why Polaris only developed the belt drive for the mountain sleds.

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Belt drive is probably fine for the ones who cruise around and don't ride their sleds hard.  But for the ones who ride aggressively and catch air in the ditches and what not, that belt drive better hold up to the tracks hitting the ground abruptly.  I'm pretty certain that's why Polaris only developed the belt drive for the mountain sleds.

My buddy bought a new Pro RMK 163 in 2015 I believe…not sure why but he was riding it like a ditch banger and the first thing he did was to destroy the rails with literally less than a  mile on the clock…after that he had a problem with  shredding drive belts.😂😂

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

They make belts that withstand 5000+ hp....it could be done easily 

I watched today's Cat teaser probably 20 times now. I like what I see and am excited for tomorrow. They are definitely sending a message by using a female Cat employee in the video....

https://www.facebook.com/reel/626248442433362

Edited by Ziemann
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Holy fuck that guy is annoying…impossible to even discuss the new chassis with that  green bootlicking bunghole around.😂🤬

Given where he lives, and where he rides, I can't believe that anyone takes Jim seriously. I've had a change of heart on Jim. He knows that he's a troll, and probably laughs his ass off every time someone responds to his trolling. I do think he just trolls everyone and is entertained by it. He is the ultimate troll- 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I'd tend to agree.

High speed riding in mashed potato stutters is even worse than jumping.  The sleds are running right at the limit of their output on flat land power and those beaters can last for hours at crack.

I've heard that you can break stuff if you ride like that all day.;) 

Of course, I wouldn't know.  I ride like an old lady.

• Haha 2

Ok, Harley Davidson has ran belts, over chain since the mid ,80's....

Spiders + Slingshot s use belts...

Stone crushers have wide sheave pulleys + run many belts...

While I'd rather a gear case, or chain case, I'm sure Gates can build a suitable belt to an OEM spec requirements.