Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

32 minutes ago, Anler said:

Skidoo is still #1 so they are the target. They make damn nice machines. 

31 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yup for sure :bc: I just can't get comfortable on them.

On the above ... 100% agree.  They make incredible machines, and smooth as silk.  But they feel awkward and I hate to say it, but it's like they're just boring to ride.

Cat has a long way to go to catch up as far as selling machines and if all they're doing is keeping the diehard Cat guys on the hook, without pulling people back to Cat ... Textron is offiically killing off the Cat brand.  B-LAST models aren't going to cut it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
57 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I disagree.
It keeps people speculating...there is no way in hell they are just going to come out with the same o'l 800. The 600 CTEC (which btw is a great mill and helped Cat win sled of the year in 14) is being reworked, and I bet they come out with a 840-900cc motor for the larger displacement option.  If they told everyone now, 2 years before it came out, it gives competitors notice and will let them react sooner. If they know Cat is coming out with a 900 for example, they might react to that. I think its smart for Cat to keep the big engine under wraps.

What I am also truly curious about is, the agreement between Cat and Yamaha. Is that contract done?

What do the competitors have to react to?   They've had bigger CC motors out for years and Polaris blew everyone out of the water with the non-mountain boost.  Polaris also has a limited edition 900 already that we all know will end up in the trail/crossover market in a year or two.

Face it Cat has and is playing catch up.   I'm not an anti-Cat guy....I just think looking back and what the competition has been doing this release is far from stellar and I'm willing to bet the Cat faithful are massively disappointed.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What do the competitors have to react to?   They've had bigger CC motors out for years and Polaris blew everyone out of the water with the non-mountain boost.  Polaris also has a limited edition 900 already that we all know will end up in the trail/crossover market in a year or two.

Face it Cat has and is playing catch up.   I'm not an anti-Cat guy....I just think looking back and what the competition has been doing this release is far from stellar and I'm willing to bet the Cat faithful are massively disappointed.  

Cat has been behind on everything. The new chassis is a start and looks like they have a linq spin off too. But engine and gauges will need to be addressed as well. They've clung to the 1985 alarm clock gauge way too long and worst in class economy with engines and 800's have been problematic for years now. 

The new chassis does look nice, very skidoo-ish lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cat has been behind on everything. The new chassis is a start and looks like they have a linq spin off too. But engine and gauges will need to be addressed as well. They've clung to the 1985 alarm clock gauge way too long and worst in class economy with engines and 800's have been problematic for years now. 

The new chassis does look nice, very skidoo-ish lol

The snowmobile market is significantly based off perception.   "New" chassis, new engines, new technology for a big part drives sales.   Cat has been lacking here for a long, long time.   This release simply isn't enough to change the perception of them competing with Doo and Poo in the 2 stroke game.  Hopefully they can hang on long enough for some significant releases that get the non die hard Cat people excited in them again.

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

Polaris may take #1 which would be great. Ski doo has a been building boring, mediocre sleds for way too long 

The axys is amazing but the g4 is right there. I have almost 5000 miles between the two and it would come down to the better engine to decide which id take. The 850 etec is outstanding , I have no experience with the liberty 850. 

This new cat chassis looks like it could be a winner. It really hardly fucking matter how good the chassis is if the engine options are 120hp 600 chick motor or an anemic 800ctec. Textron should probably just get out of the sled game if they are going to continue to embarrass the cat name like this. 

Edited by f7ben

48 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They "were' playing catchup.
Now Cat has the newest chassis on the market.

The Gen 4 is 2017, so thats going on 6 years old, and the Matryx isn't a new chassis, just updated egro's/panels for Riders, same front/rear geometry, so that chassis is going on 8 years old since it released in 2015.

Why would Cat faithful be dissapointed? This is exactly what folks wanted, a new adult, trail and crossover chassis that handles great. It looks not to dissapoint.
The new chassis looks great, can't wait to hear more about the big motor and what its going to be.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

Just now, stinkipinki said:

Why would Cat faithful be dissapointed?
The new chassis looks great, can't wait to hear more about the big motor and what its going to be.

I’m a die hard cat fan , it’s been over for them for a long time. They are so fucking far behind its not worth even considering them. They haven’t had competitive two stroke motor since Suzuki. The procross abortion ended Arctic Cat and Yamaha. What a sad day for the sport. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I’m a die hard cat fan , it’s been over for them for a long time. They are so fucking far behind its not worth even considering them. They haven’t had competitive two stroke motor since Suzuki. The procross abortion ended Arctic Cat and Yamaha. What a sad day for the sport. 

Someone needs a hug.

16 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

The Gen 4 is 2017, so thats going on 6 years old, and the Matryx isn't a new chassis, just updated egro's/panels for Riders, same front/rear geometry, so that chassis is going on 8 years old since it released in 2015.

Why would Cat faithful be dissapointed? This is exactly what folks wanted, a new adult, trail and crossover chassis that handles great. It looks not to dissapoint.

Remember its not released until 2024 so it really isn't even "on the market" yet.  Well lets see how "new" the Cat chassis is other than riveted on composite running boards or tunnel.   

Between not be available until 2024 and no engine other than a 600 only the die hard Cat people are excited.  If Cat is to remain competitive and have R&D money they have to increase sales and take back some market share.   This isn't doing it at least until 2025.   

I like your optimism however, not very inspiring phrases. .   "Looks not to disappoint" and "looks to be great."     :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Remember its not released until 2024 so it really isn't even "on the market" yet.  Well lets see how "new" the Cat chassis is other than riveted on composite running boards or tunnel.   

Between not be available until 2024 and no engine other than a 600 only the die hard Cat people are excited.   :lol: 

Doesn't seem to have just affected 'Cat People'.
Arctic Cat's booth was surrounded and smothered by the Public, many of them probably don't presently own a Cat.

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Between not be available until 2024 and no engine other than a 600 only the die hard Cat people are excited.  If Cat is to remain competitive and have R&D money they have to increase sales and take back some market share.   This isn't doing it at least until 2025.   

I like your optimism however, not very inspiring phrases. .   "Looks not to disappoint" and "looks to be great."     :lol:  

Only real let down was the lack of release of the bigger engine 

I hope the belt drive isn’t a big piece of shit 

9 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Doesn't seem to have just affected 'Cat People'.
Arctic Cat's booth was surrounded and smothered by the Public, many of them probably don't presently own a Cat.

Come on dude that always happens for new releases.  Just because they were there doesn't mean they were impressed and jumping ship.

Don't get me wrong I'm excited about Cat making a change after basically a decade.   I even own a ProCross chassis sled and like it on the trails with the Yam Turbo.....I just don't agree the release will stir the kind of excitement Cat was needing at this point of their history.   Yes chassis is a very important part of the sled but generally speaking engines get peoples attention and blood flowing first.   Cat had a great history of being the power leader in the 2 stroke game from the late 80's to about 2010.   Too bad its been a decade + since that has happened.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

What are the new gauges like?   What are the details on the new accessory system?   Seems to me it was a pretty limited release. 

Just now, Highmark said:

What are the new gauges like?   What are the details on the new accessory system?   Seems to me it was a pretty limited release. 

No clue. Pretty sure you can guess though. 

not sure you guys remember what doos base gauge is like. Worse than cats 

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

Whats the advantage of a belt drive, less parts?