Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

Just now, Zambroski said:

We stated it a few weeks ago.  It’s pretty cool and dummy proof.  Wife and I have a bottle of wine and make it together.  Neither one of us had the time or inclination to cook so, it’s new for us.  We actually just went out and bought some really nice pots and pans for it.  Holy shit!  Spendy!!!

We don’t have a problem with the cooking part. We split it fairly even except I do all the grilling. Biggest thing we were struggling with was what to MAKE for dinner and then the wife would shop on Sundays for it all. Then we would end up with a shitload of leftovers that some of that would go to waste. The portions are prefect, if not slightly high for one meal, you aren’t dirtying a shit load of dishes to make it and they are fairly quick/easy. The taste and flavors make me nervous when I’m making it (who know graded ginger in rice was so FREAKING good?!?) but they always turn out. Zero complaints. Wife is happy so added bonus. 

7 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

We started doing Hello Fresh for dinner. It’s been really good and actually, fairly affordable. 

We do 3 Marley Spoons a week now.  Tonight was seared steak with fig gravy, mashed, brussels, carrots and shallots.  Wicked good.

seared_steak_mission_fig_pan_sauce-ef077b54190570c2a90b36ea17e94017.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

We do 3 Marley Spoons a week now.  Tonight was seared steak with fig gravy, mashed, brussels, carrots and shallots.  Wicked good.

seared_steak_mission_fig_pan_sauce-ef077b54190570c2a90b36ea17e94017.jpeg

Wicked. Fucking east coasters. :lol:

We do three of the Hello Fresh meals too. Seems to be a good number of meals for us so far. :bc:

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

8 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

We don’t have a problem with the cooking part. We split it fairly even except I do all the grilling. Biggest thing we were struggling with was what to MAKE for dinner and then the wife would shop on Sundays for it all. Then we would end up with a shitload of leftovers that some of that would go to waste. The portions are prefect, if not slightly high for one meal, you aren’t dirtying a shit load of dishes to make it and they are fairly quick/easy. The taste and flavors make me nervous when I’m making it (who know graded ginger in rice was so FREAKING good?!?) but they always turn out. Zero complaints. Wife is happy so added bonus. 

Shit, we’d probably only have a hand full of hot meals a year if it weren’t for our microwave.  Neither of us really cooked like this before so it’s pretty cool for us.  Usually if we eat this “fancy”, we have a waiter.  It’s cool.  We’re digging it so far.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm fairly certain Jennie-O still does the turkey loaf in gravy and the roasting pan thing...

Just saying... 

Those were my "go to" in my 20's!! Haha..

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

antipasto and a pizza from marianos. Didnt see snotty there. After the last 2 days he was prolly eating the dogfood from his yote bait site.

:lol:

BTW....got your check yesterday when we stopped at the PO. Thanks  :bc:

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

That actually looks very tasty, have to try it. 

Lentil, Ditalini, and Sausage Soup

(Zuppa di Lenticchie Ditalani e Salsiccia)

Ingredients

3 sweet pork sausage links or fennel sausage or hot sausages casings removed and meat crumbled. I add about a tablespoon of fennel seed.

6 to 8 cups chicken broth

1 cup dried lentils, sorted and washed (1 cup dried lentils yields 3 to 4 cups cooked)

1/2 to 1 cup ditalini pasta

1 - 20+ ounce can diced tomatoes

Salt

Freshly ground black pepper

Instructions

1. Cook the sausage in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Set aside.

2. Pour the chicken broth into a soup pot, add the lentils, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 30 to 35 minutes. (Do not overcook them or they will turn to mush; they should still have a bit of a firm core at this point.)

3. Stir in the ditalini, and 1 teaspoon of salt and continue cooking until the pasta is almost al dente, about 5 minutes depending on the brand. Stir in the sausage and tomatoes. Cover and simmer the soup for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Edited by Mainecat