Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

French Canadian meat pie is in the oven for tonight's dinner. My mother inlaw made it for me after I mentioned that I hadn't had one since my grandmother passed away about 10 years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

French Canadian meat pie is in the oven for tonight's dinner. My mother inlaw made it for me after I mentioned that I hadn't had one since my grandmother passed away about 10 years ago.

fucking americans 

Tourtiere

:bc:  

55 minutes ago, ckf said:

Ya bastid! one of my favorites.

Tonight.....turkey pot pie with heart attack mashed potatoes.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ckf said:

My grandparents were both from Quebec and they called it meat pie :dunno:

Ckf here is a face book link for French Canadian recipes

Les Repas de Mon Enfance: Growing Up Franco-American

pork pie is there along with a lot of good stuff

19 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ya bastid! one of my favorites.

Tonight.....turkey pot pie with heart attack mashed potatoes.

Mine too. This one doesn't smell the same as my grandmothers, but I'll give it a try as soon as the biscuits are out of the oven. How do you eat yours? I always put some ketchup on it with a dill pickle on the side.

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ckf here is a face book link for French Canadian recipes

Les Repas de Mon Enfance: Growing Up Franco-American

pork pie is there along with a lot of good stuff

No link :dunno:

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Mine too. This one doesn't smell the same as my grandmothers, but I'll give it a try as soon as the biscuits are out of the oven. How do you eat yours? I always put some ketchup on it with a dill pickle on the side.

No PMs   No Honestly, ethics etc ,

I’m having leftover stir fry , 👍

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

What's in a meat pie?? Is it just like a pot pie??

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What's in a meat pie?? Is it just like a pot pie??

In MN they are called meat pies 

PASTIES: Cornish miners who relocated to the iron mines of Upper Michigan and Minnesota brought the recipe and tradition of pasties with them. The pasty is a meat pie with potatoes and other root vegetables, sealed and baked in a light pastry crust.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Sorry

https://www.facebook.com/Les-Repas-de-Mon-Enfance-Growing-Up-Franco-American-257813160918192/

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Got some serious White Castle cravings.  Probably hours to the nearest one now.  :bashhead:

Maple grove , road trip, 

if youre going that far might as well go to Lions tap or Matt’s for a Juicy Lucy 😀

Edited by Sleepr2