Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Find a farm stand or general store and buy it cut right off the wheel. Then serve at room temp.

I remember when a lot of local stores used to do that. Not very common now.  We used to stop by Calef's every once in a while to get cheese when we lived in NH. http://www.calefs.com/shop/pc/home.asp

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I remember when a lot of local stores used to do that. Not very common now.  We used to stop by Calef's every once in a while to get cheese when we lived in NH. http://www.calefs.com/shop/pc/home.asp

Ah rat trap chedder, good stuff right there. Lull farm in hollis next to me still does it. I like to go there and support the guy because he spent a lot of money standing up for residents rights. (That story could cross over to the weed thread )  The general store in downtown sugar hill still has it too.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I ride by calefs a fair amount on the motorcycle but haven't been in there in years.  

You've never been to Calef's? You need to try some of their aged cheese. McClown used to bring it to me quite often.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Ah rat trap chedder, good stuff right there. Lull farm in hollis next to me still does it. I like to go there and support the guy because he spent a lot of money standing up for residents rights. (That story could cross over to the weed thread )  The general store in downtown sugar hill still has it too.

Do you mean Sugar Hill Sampler? 

image.png

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:
Harman's Cheese & Country Store

Now I know where you mean. Never been in there either. Maybe we'll stop by on our way back from Plymouth, NH tomorrow.

Just now, ckf said:

Now I know where you mean. Never been in there either. Maybe we'll stop by on our way back from Plymouth, NH tomorrow.

I did a job in Franconia in the fall. When I went up to look at it I hit it and grabbed a couple lbs.

• Like 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I did a job in Franconia in the fall. When I went up to look at it I hit it and grabbed a couple lbs.

That's a beautiful area. This is the barn across from Polly's Pancake House. The print sold pretty well for me when I did NH shows.

2010_6_2_barn.jpg

You have an online catalog? The wife and I love new England photography to decorate our home.

We have a few from the mooseman and some pen and ink from a dude named gene from Pittsfield.

Edited by steve from amherst

17 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's a beautiful area. This is the barn across from Polly's Pancake House. The print sold pretty well for me when I did NH shows.

2010_6_2_barn.jpg

Pollys pancake parlor?  i love their blueberry pankakes! or did anywho.  havent been in a lot of years now.   i ate so many of those things one morning the waitress wouldnt bring me anymore!  i had to point out the menu where it says "all you can eat" smh          on about number 19 i had to stop,  good thing i did as i almost puked it all up walking to the car   :crazy:

Just now, old indy said:

Pollys pancake parlor?  i love their blueberry pankakes! or did anywho.  havent been in a lot of years now.   i ate so many of those things one morning the waitress wouldnt bring me anymore!  i had to point out the menu where it says "all you can eat" smh          on about number 19 i had to stop,  good thing i did as i almost puked it all up walking to the car   :crazy:

Yes! That place is AWESOME!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, old indy said:

But it says all you can eat for $11.95

I'm sorry sir , but that is all you can eat for $11.95

• Like 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

But it says all you can eat for $11.95

I'm sorry sir , but that is all you can eat for $11.95

it was considerably less when i was there last.  maybe they raised the price after i left??  lol             

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, old indy said:

it was considerably less when i was there last.  maybe they raised the price after i left??  lol             

Rumor has it they missed the mortgage payment the month you ate there.

• Haha 2