Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Too friggin hot to cook inside. I'm sitting on the back deck and no breeze whatsoever.We can"t sit out here this time of day without the awning out

20190802_173102.jpg

Nice setup George! :thumb:

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

Too friggin hot to cook inside. I'm sitting on the back deck and no breeze whatsoever.We can"t sit out here this time of day without the awning out

20190802_173102.jpg

Nice!

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

ford says you have a mangina cooking on a pan

I read that thread, LOL.  I'm not saying that I don't like a grilled steak from time to time,  but to say cast iron steak is inferior is because they simply haven't had one cooked well.  Both Nicole and I like grilled steak, but our favorite is a reverse seared chuck eye in a cast iron pan.  Try it @ford_428cj  , you might like it :dunno:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

I read that thread, LOL.  I'm not saying that I don't like a grilled steak from time to time,  but to say cast iron steak is inferior is because they simply haven't had one cooked well.  Both Nicole and I like grilled steak, but our favorite is a reverse seared chuck eye in a cast iron pan.  Try it @ford_428cj  , you might like it :dunno:

Have you tried Cajun style blackened steak? I will never do it inside again. Way to much smoke. I put the cast iron skillet on the grill and do it out side. It’s something different and it’s very good. We only do it this style a few times a year to change it up. The key to it is to get that pan hot . You can get another 100 deg by using lump charcoal . It takes a lot of briquettes to get the pan really hot. There are a bunch of different brands of seasonings. I use this one because I can get it local. You adjust the wellness of the steak by the cut. The more red you like,the thicker the cut you use.

E447A138-55C3-49DA-8CA3-4C87190F199D.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

God damn am I going to stink. Old school Gyro. A Greek taco if you will? It’s another thing Chicago is famous for , but we don’t tell the tourists about them.

CE331D50-F3DF-4576-A9F9-E11207461AF7.jpeg

looks good,  has pastrami on rye with coleslaw and russian dressing. it was the sammich of the day in our office parks little shop.   

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

God damn am I going to stink. Old school Gyro. A Greek taco if you will? It’s another thing Chicago is famous for , but we don’t tell the tourists about them.

I thought they were called vagiro's ?

4 hours ago, Woodtick said:

The Greeks are being pushed back by the new middle easterns here.  

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The Greeks are being pushed back by the new middle easterns here.  

The Greeks have the food industry locked up in Chicago. They aren’t going anywhere here.

• 2 weeks later...