Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

On 7/2/2019 at 10:39 AM, NaturallyAspirated said:

2 cans of standard Pillsbury biscuits

1 cup sugar

4 Tbps cinnamon

1 Tsp nutmeg

Cut each of the biscuit doughs into 4 pieces.  Mix sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a ziplock bag.  Mix and coat heavy the biscuit chunks.

Place in a bundt pan (not blunt pan...).

Caramel sauce:

1 cup packed brown sugar

3/4 cup butter, melted.

Mix brown sugar and butter, then pour over chunks in the bundt pan.  

Cool at 350* for 35 minutes.  Remove from oven and flip upside down on cookie sheet, let cool.

:bc:

I've done it a couple times with homemade biscuit dough but none has turned out as good as the Pillsbury.  This recipe is close to the one they publish.

Neal

Yup!  You sold me!  Not sure we have a bundt pan though.  I’ll finger it out!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, ckf said:

The 1st summer squash of the season were fantastic,  as was everything else.

20190713_174030-01.jpeg 

Damn that looks good!

• Like 1

A frosty 24 oz Sam summer draft, a huge amount of fried clams with a small amount of Cole slaw followed another big Sam.

Now a My Father cigar and 15 year scotch.

fuck it

C3F4C54E-099F-42C6-BBC0-D6540C9F5B09.jpeg

Edited by Mainecat
  • Like 3

Smokin"s sgetti sauce! Mushrooms, 4 med zucchinis, garlic buds,2 yellow peppers,2 orange peppers,2 big sweet onions, can of crushed tomatoes, 2- 1.8 liter jars sgetti sauce( or 4 reg jars),salt,pepper and oregano. I cut up the mushrooms and saute in a bit of olive and veg oil in the stockpot, slice up the garlic buds and toss in the pot. I use a food processor to puree the zucchinis and add to the pot and let it simmer for a few minutes then puree the peppers then puree the onions. I let each item simmer for a few mins each. Then put the can crushed tomatoes in and let simmer and then the sgetti sauce. I'll brown at least 5lbs ground beef and add to the pot and now you've got stick to the pasta sauce and you'll definately wipe the plate off with a piece of crusty bread. Easy to make and really doesnt take long. Enjoy

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Smokin"s sgetti sauce! Mushrooms, 4 med zucchinis, garlic buds,2 yellow peppers,2 orange peppers,2 big sweet onions, can of crushed tomatoes, 2- 1.8 liter jars sgetti sauce( or 4 reg jars),salt,pepper and oregano. I cut up the mushrooms and saute in a bit of olive and veg oil in the stockpot, slice up the garlic buds and toss in the pot. I use a food processor to puree the zucchinis and add to the pot and let it simmer for a few minutes then puree the peppers then puree the onions. I let each item simmer for a few mins each. Then put the can crushed tomatoes in and let simmer and then the sgetti sauce. I'll brown at least 5lbs ground beef and add to the pot and now you've got stick to the pasta sauce and you'll definately wipe the plate off with a piece of crusty bread. Easy to make and really doesnt take long. Enjoy

Sounds great George...thanks for posting! :thumb:

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sounds great George...thanks for posting! :thumb:

I've got a buddy that basically eats no veggies and has no clue what i put in the sauce. He picks out the mushrooms and sops up the plate with bread.His wife says he was hoping I'd make more lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, smokin george said:

Love the added veg, very similar to a sauce I make, except I do pork sausage not beef.

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Love the added veg, very similar to a sauce I make, except I do pork sausage not beef.

I do pork sirloin and sausage . Either zucchini or spinach.

• Thanks 1