Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

23 hours ago, ckf said:

McDonald's is $13 now unless you use the app. It was probably worth the extra $3, lol.

When I'm in the city (Thunder Bay) depending what end of the city I'm in I hit Maltese,Nucci's or D'agostino's for a fresh baked kaiser bun with genoa salami, hot cappicola,and ham with onions and provolone cheese, grilled in the press. They slice it all in front of you and costs about $7 here. I enjoy them better than fast food and just as quick.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

down is Mystic CT at the Aquarium . Was so hungover this morning driving down I pulled off and hit McDonalds around Mohegan ...:lol:

Double Cheese and a Spicy Mcchicken set me straight ....along with about 5 drinks  :ashamed: 

:lol:

6516C7B9-B208-4E52-9AF7-9B11FC6C2EAF.jpeg

I don't trust that stuff further than 15 minutes from my house 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, HSR said:

When I'm in the city (Thunder Bay) depending what end of the city I'm in I hit Maltese,Nucci's or D'agostino's for a fresh baked kaiser bun with genoa salami, hot cappicola,and ham with onions and provolone cheese, grilled in the press. They slice it all in front of you and costs about $7 here. I enjoy them better than fast food and just as quick.

That's good eating right there 

Got some beef delivered($5) from a ranch a few hours west. BBQ'd some burgers tonight and it was delicious as was the chuck roast last week.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, HSR said:

Got some beef delivered($5) from a ranch a few hours west. BBQ'd some burgers tonight and it was delicious as was the chuck roast last week.

From Badger ? 

:lol:

• Haha 2

Hannafids had some nice Thick cuts out the other day. So i grabbed a fat T bone, marinated some fresh asparagus in Italian dressing then warmed them on the grill, ad in the garlic mashed.....:bbq:.    ssso good  

IMG_6213.jpg

Edited by old indy
  • Like 6

Pics all look great.  Nice work!  Making me want to make a post dinner snack.

Had chicken schwarma and a bunch of grill veg from the farmers market....sorely missing starch so cookies may be in my future 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Brought back some instant ramen from a hippy store out in WA that several people raved about.

No bueno.  I'd rather have the $0.30 stuff from Wal-Mart.

If you want instant ramen...fresh noodles from an Asian store and any fresh broth will be better than anything you can buy premade. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deephaven said:

If you want instant ramen...fresh noodles from an Asian store and any fresh broth will be better than anything you can buy premade. 

It was something we picked up on our road trip.  

Some people we sat next to at a brewery out there wouldn't shut up about it after we made the mistake of asking them where to go eat in the area.

• Haha 1

Even a simple broth of instant dashi (Japanese fish stock) light/dark soy, mirin and sugar make a killer base for fresh Asian noodles.  Add some shrimp and it's an Uber fast meal you'd pay $20+ for out.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

It was something we picked up on our road trip.  

Some people we sat next to at a brewery out there wouldn't shut up about it after we made the mistake of asking them where to go eat in the area.

I keep fresh Asian noodles in my freezer to solve my fix. Realizing you are rural I figured that may help your cause.

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

I keep fresh Asian noodles in my freezer to solve my fix. Realizing you are rural I figured that may help your cause.

I'll have to look around to see where I can find something.  St. Cloud might have something.  

We normally keep a couple different kinds of rice noodles in stock at all times, so I figure I'm half way there.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'll have to look around to see where I can find something.  St. Cloud might have something.  

We normally keep a couple different kinds of rice noodles in stock at all times, so I figure I'm half way there.

Based on their pictures on the website I would expect Vien Tien to have some, but have never shopped in St Cloud.  Almost every one here does.  There is a whole row of them at United Noodle.  So many it's hard to choose lol