Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

10 hours ago, HSR said:

Any recipe that doesn't call for chunks of eggs in it,, yuck! Lol 

We like hardboiled eggs in it. 

I make a mean deviled egg, and egg salad sandwich as well.

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I like German style potato salad the best.

Grandma and my father always made German style... not a fan 

• Platinum Contributing Member
53 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hardboiled eggs, deviled eggs....eeeeshhh.   :puke: 

I have hardboiled eggs for breakfast almost everyday.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's your favorite COLD potato salad recipe...? 

we're having a bit of a debate/competition for the 4th of July dinner 

My wife makes a mean Redskin Potato Salad…I was looking for the recipe this morning but no dice…I’ll ask her to find it later.👌🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I like German style potato salad the best.

My mom makes German potato salad in a pressure cooker, once the rocker on top starts rocking cook for 5 minutes then after 5 min with the rocker still on top run the cooker under water to cool the pot, serve the German potato salad hot/warm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry 976 said:

My mom makes German potato salad in a pressure cooker, once the rocker on top starts rocking cook for 5 minutes then after 5 min with the rocker still on top run the cooker under water to cool the pot, serve the German potato salad hot/warm

There’s a place in town that makes the best jager schnitzel with German potato salad and lingonberries ever.  Getting a hankering for some right now.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

There’s a place in town that makes the best jager schnitzel with German potato salad and lingonberries ever.  Getting a hankering for some right now.

Potatoes, onion, Bacon, vinegar and i forget what all other spices.

• Like 1

I should have taken a couple pics of the smash tacos ... they were a hit (even with the wife).  If you haven't tried them yet, and you have a griddle or Blackstone that you already do smash burgers on, give 'em a try.  I took a buddy's suggestion and did the shredded cheese on the outside of the tortilla and let that melt/caramelize ... and then topped off the meat with the usual toppings, minus lettuce.  My oldest daughter was asking if I would do them again when her BF comes over next week LOL

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I should have taken a couple pics of the smash tacos ... they were a hit (even with the wife).  If you haven't tried them yet, and you have a griddle or Blackstone that you already do smash burgers on, give 'em a try.  I took a buddy's suggestion and did the shredded cheese on the outside of the tortilla and let that melt/caramelize ... and then topped off the meat with the usual toppings, minus lettuce.  My oldest daughter was asking if I would do them again when her BF comes over next week LOL

I’ve got a Blackstone….I’ll have to give those a go.👊🏻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My wife makes a mean Redskin Potato Salad…I was looking for the recipe this morning but no dice…I’ll ask her to find it later.👌🏻

So she doesn’t haven’t it written down but she gave the lowdown and like alot of recipes it’s up to the person making it on how much of this or that goes into it.

Boil, cool and dice Redskins

Diced Celery

Red Onion

Diced Hard Boiled Egg which she adds last

Mayo and Stone Ground Mustard with a dollop of Dijon Mustard

Salt and Pepper and a lot of Dill 

Also the best mustard to use is this if you can find it…I had to order it.

F1E63C96-4291-4C88-ADAB-72271AB99727.thumb.jpeg.c8f146d30ab0fd097952ba10e949e0a4.jpeg

• Like 2