Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Gold Member
Just now, Frostynuts said:

WTF happened ? Were you pushing the barge ? What is on the barge that caught fire ?

Not sure what set it off. We shifted berths to go get some supplies and when we got back we saw this so we joined in the effort as tug 3 on scene. Started pumping water on the fire as best we could until the FDNY arrived.

20231022_123644.jpg

20231022_122321.jpg

20231022_123217.jpg

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member

One night in Calgary, referee Kerry Fraser raised his hand for a delayed penalty on Todd Bertuzzi: ”Bert then slashed the closest Flame. Still with my one arm up, I pointed with the other to signal I was acknowledging a second infraction. When Vancouver touched the puck and I halted play, Todd then tried to take someone with him by punching a defenceman in the face – penalty number three, for six minutes, on the same stoppage”. 
The next night, Fraser had the Canucks in Edmonton: ”As I entered Northlands Coliseum the players were in a circle, warming up and kicking a soccer ball around. As I walked by, the game stopped and Bertuzzi gave me the icy stare. As I passed him, I nodded and said, ”Bert”. He nodded back, but didn’t say a word until I was about 15 feet up the hall, when he called out, ”Hey, Kerry, are we goin’ for the quad tonight?”
Kerry Fraser
The Final Call - Hockey Stories from a Legend in Stripes

IMG_2098.jpeg.5b83cde0cf1d95adbedaf1a5f13e40e6.jpeg

On 10/25/2023 at 9:10 AM, Doug said:

FB_IMG_1698239345841.jpg

That really does say 1970s, its a perfect depiction of what we were back then.     Not coddled. 

hes 3plus feet in the air on a bike with no suspension launching from a ramp made with broken blocks and rotten wood ready to fold at any time..    :ylsuper:

Evil Knievel was the king!        

• Like 4