Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner????

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, HSR said:

Double smoked farmers sausage,fries and fresh grouse fingers!!!!!

Grouse fingers you say. Tell me more please.

Edited by Steve753

Just now, Steve753 said:

Grouse fingers you say. Tell more please.

I just debone the breast and make thin strips, milk egg, into the batter mix and into the grease. Quick flash on each side, overcooking makes them tough.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

I just debone the breast and make thin strips, milk egg, into the batter mix and into the grease. Quick flash on each side, overcooking makes them tough.

Dang that sounds good. I've had plenty of grouse, but we've always just bbq'd the whole bird or put it in a turkey fryer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Dang that sounds good. I've had plenty of grouse, but we've always just bbq'd the whole bird or put it in a turkey fryer.

Whole breasts in a slow cooker with chicken broth is great too!! Biggest thing is don't over cook,then you get the nice taste.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Whole breasts in a slow cooker with chicken broth is great too!! Biggest thing is don't over cook,then you get the nice taste.

Like most wild birds I either sous vide or confit the non breasts and grill/pan roast the breasts rare.  Definitely overcooking fucks them up bad!

8 hours ago, Bontz said:

Went out to celebrate a couple anniversaries tonight ... steak and "fresh" lobster (in MN).  It really wasn't that bad though - pretty good actually.  

I had mac n cheese with left-over lobster in it last night. Was pretty good.

• Like 3

Chips, Peanuts, popcorn. sausage, cookies, cheese curds, crackers and I'm sure I forgot something.

To drink:  Multi beer flavors ( no bud lite), Vodka, Captain Morgan, brandy, multi old smokey, peppermint shmaps and Malort(yuck)

20231021_170819.jpg

• Like 4