Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner????

ckf

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Took my oldest out to a serve your own beer bar for dinner.  To be fair he found it on Google, not me.  Burger was great.  Fun hanging out as well.

Now, now ...  don't you know you're not allowed to go into any details ... food only!! :cop:

That is all :lol:

( All joking aside - pretty cool to see you both found a place to do that & hang out! :bc: )

Ha, my kids are somewhat spoiled food wise, but love exploring.  I like to let them make choices and see what happens.  Somewhat of a game.  Last night it was nice to celebrate as well, he singlehandedly was the reason they won yesterday.  Making the team as a freshman in a school with 4k kids is already tough and then to be a leader, proud dad moment for sure.  And obviously, there is no one I'd rather hang out with for dinner.

Some day in the next weeks I am going to try making Roti Prata.  By far my favorite breakfast in SE Asia and I finally found a recipe that I trust is right and sourced the ingredients necessary.  Will be a starter/first course for dinner for us and not breakfast as chicken curry first thing in the morning while ok by me, is too much work to pull off then.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Took my oldest out to a serve your own beer bar for dinner.  To be fair he found it on Google, not me.  Burger was great.  Fun hanging out as well.

Cool - not that I know anyone’s family on here, but the bold made me think you had an older child that you have not spoken about in the past!  😂

Edited by Mag6240
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Cool - not that I know anyone’s family on here, but the bold made me think you had an older child that you have not spoken about in the past!  😂

He's 14, but he sold it to me as 4.5 stars on Google for their food and not as busy as usual.  The gastropub we tried first had a 45min wait...

So no older ones, just 7th & 9th grades.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

He's 14, but he sold it to me as 4.5 stars on Google for their food and not as busy as usual.  The gastropub we tried first had a 45min wait...

So no older ones, just 7th & 9th grades.

Holy shit ... is the 9th grader the "little guy" you had with you way back when, at the Spring Show in Blaine?  Assuming it is ... damn!!  We're getting OLD!! :lol2:

43 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Holy shit ... is the 9th grader the "little guy" you had with you way back when, at the Spring Show in Blaine?  Assuming it is ... damn!!  We're getting OLD!! :lol2:

Yep.  Forgot we met up there then.  Fuck that was a long time ago.  That was after the random bar in WI as well, no?

Just now, Deephaven said:

Yep.  Forgot we met up there then.  Fuck that was a long time ago.  That was after the random bar in WI as well, no?

Yup - I think that bar was Trap-N-Fish, wasn't it?  I cant remember if I was on my Nightfire at that time or if I was riding Polaris then.  All I know is, it was a long time ago!

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yup - I think that bar was Trap-N-Fish, wasn't it?  I cant remember if I was on my Nightfire at that time or if I was riding Polaris then.  All I know is, it was a long time ago!

Excuse me sir. You seem to be getting a little off topic in the DINNER thread. 

That is all.

:lol:

• Haha 2

Can you guys please leave the BS out of the dinner thread. Thanks:bc:

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Now, now ...  don't you know you're not allowed to go into any details ... food only!! :cop:

That is all :lol:

( All joking aside - pretty cool to see you both found a place to do that & hang out! :bc: )

13 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Excuse me sir. You seem to be getting a little off topic in the DINNER thread. 

That is all.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Ooops .. hate to trigger someone.  My bad!!  Back on track - planning to do pork chops and sauerkraut tonight.  The boys at bowling will love me tonight, I'm certain of it!!

23 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Holy shit that must have been a looooong time ago!!  Trap-N-Fish hasn't been a decent place since the early 2000's, and has been closed AT LEAST 10-12 years now.  My cabin was 6 miles into the forest from there.

Dinner tonight?  Chili at the pool hall!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Was the nightfire orange?  Not that I am sure you had an orange sled, but whatever you have it was unique enough as I pulled up to the bar (to eat dinner - there on topic) I was 90% sure it was your sled.  Long time indeed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HSR said:

Can you guys please leave the BS out of the dinner thread. Thanks:bc:

Lighten up, Francis - it's not like there hasn't been other chit chat in this thread.  If you're so hell bent over it, feel free to delete every side conversation that's ever happened in here :news:

If you hadn't noticed - it's been civil conversation.

3 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Holy shit that must have been a looooong time ago!!  Trap-N-Fish hasn't been a decent place since the early 2000's, and has been closed AT LEAST 10-12 years now.  My cabin was 6 miles into the forest from there.

Dinner tonight?  Chili at the pool hall!

Trap-N-Fish is open again ... not sure if your place is still up there, or if you've been by there the past couple seasons?  But the new owners put some money into it and it's a good stop again :bc:

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Was the nightfire orange?  Not that I am sure you had an orange sled, but whatever you have it was unique enough as I pulled up to the bar (to eat dinner - there on topic) I was 90% sure it was your sled.  Long time indeed.

Ahhhh .. that was my '12 Switchback.  Loved that sled!!  Maybe it wasn't as long ago as I thought :thumb:

• Like 2