Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

6 minutes ago, Badger** said:

it's a new transgender thing. 

You're getting one?

10 minutes ago, akvanden said:

What’s up with the headlight not being symmetrical.

Cuts down on the glare for the sleds passing them

15 minutes ago, akvanden said:

What’s up with the headlight not being symmetrical.

It’s actually the radar for the active cruise control and on coming sled detection. It works like your car and will slow you ass down and make sure you stay in your lane 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

Welp its an attempt I guess....  Doesn't look that much different than the pro cross to me.  Other than cosmetics....  I remember when poo came out with something new that was only a 600.  They called it the Rush.  Lots of people jumped in.  That was an completely diff chassis though.  This thing, meh.  When your competition is running hard with 850's and 650's and turbo 4s trail sleds this is thing is not a game changer.  By any stretch.  

Edited by poopooforme

FFS, no good livestream and nothing ready to go on Cat's webpage, their naming contest is still on the homepage.  Even if it was the greatest reveal in the history of snowmobiling you have no way to know about any of it.  More bungle IMO.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, jdels said:

FFS, no good livestream and nothing ready to go on Cat's webpage, their naming contest is still on the homepage.  Even if it was the greatest reveal in the history of snowmobiling you have no way to know about any of it.  More bungle IMO.  

Yeah the livestream was terrible and I wanted to see the specs and like you say nothing on their website.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah the livestream was terrible and I wanted to see the specs and like you say nothing on their website.

All that info should have popped ten seconds after the presentation.  A high school marketing project could have done better.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/52092-2024-arctic-cat-catalyst-chassis-details/

fucking snowmobile threads in CE ?  :passing:

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Fucking snowmobile threads in the General Forum and not The General Snowmobile Forum?:slapping:

• Like 1

DETAILS ABOUT THE ARCTIC CAT CATALYST PLATFORM

10 September 2022

Centralized Design for More Responsive Handling

• The centralized design makes the operator the active force and requires less rider effort to corner and carve, giving riders more control than ever before. 
  • The laydown engine design allows for mass centralization.

Lightweight for Maximum Maneuverability
  • The optimized design with fewer parts utilizes different composite materials, providing a drastic weight reduction for Trail, Crossover, and Mountain, making it one of the lightest platforms available. 

Durable and Easy to Service
  • The new drive system is belt-driven, unlike the current chain drive, resulting in fewer parts and allowing more power to the track with increased durability. 
  • The plastic panels’ toolless design allows for easy removal and greater access to key components such as the belt, oil reservoir and coolant. 
  • The new seat is easily removable with a quarter turn for easy battery access to.

Improved Ergonomics for a More Comfortable Ride
  • The ergonomics, coupled with a narrower and centralized design, provides an agile, easily maneuverable sled that minimizes rider fatigue and makes the operator a more confident rider. A more ergonomic design allows the rider to become one with the sled.

All-New High-End Styling
  • The platform’s aggressive exterior continues Arctic Cat’s heritage of creating state-of-the-art, cutting-edge snowmobiles. Its sleek, aerodynamic, and agile look with a unique LED headlight complements the innovation found inside. 
  • Sliding lap joints provide seamless transitions in plastic for better fit and finish.

Optimized Suspension and Steering for Different Riding Styles and Segments 
  • Optimized suspension and steering provide use-specific systems based on segment. 
  • The suspension and steering systems are differentiated based on Mountain, Trail and Crossover segments where needed to provide better performance in varying conditions, but commonality was kept where it made sense, so the platform works for all segments.
  • The geometry changes, paired with the new suspension, give the rider a more position-reactive sled and improved cornering for a more confidence-inspiring, agile ride experience. The sled works in tandem with the rider instead of the rider muscling the sled. 

First Integrated Accessory Mounting System for Added Security
  • Available for the platform is the new ATACH the first integrated accessory mounting system that allows for a quick and easy lockdown. To prevent theft, the system comes with a set of keys that will allow you to physically lock your accessories to your sled.

Frankly- I was impressed. I was up near the front. Huge crowd. The composite running boards were pretty cool.

It was everything that we all expected it to be. Upgraded engine, seating, etc....

They promised a new big bore next year. 

Is it enough to get me to sell my new Polaris VR-1 and go back to Cat? Probably not....I think Cat has a comparable offering, but nothing that is going to make people leave the Poo and Doo camp..... 

20220910_135926.jpg

20220910_142504.jpg

20220910_142520.jpg

20220910_142628.jpg

20220910_141847.jpg

20220910_142618.jpg

• Like 2