Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

My last package of mule deer backstrap (hunting season starts next weekend), scalloped potatoes, morel mushrooms, and fresh huckleberry cobbler for dessert......DAMN TASTY!!!  :taunt:

Just started making a batch of huckleberry wine this week,  and we are into chanterelle mushroom picking season now.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

My last package of mule deer backstrap (hunting season starts next weekend), scalloped potatoes, morel mushrooms, and fresh huckleberry cobbler for dessert......DAMN TASTY!!!  :taunt:

Just started making a batch of huckleberry wine this week,  and we are into chanterelle mushroom picking season now.

Does Mule Deer taste a lot like Whitetail?

I would imagine so, but I have never had white tail. It depends on where in the state you get a deer as far as taste, to the east (high desert) of me they eat a lot of sagebrush and don't taste as good as the deer here (mountains) where they have a large variety of plants, lichens, and mushrooms to eat.  We do have a some white tails in Oregon but mostly black tail in the western half and mule deer in the eastern half of the state.  Mule deer are the largest of the 3.  Around here they are about 200 lbs. +/-., but can push 300 in some cases.  

220px-Muledeerleavenworth.jpg

Edited by Mikeadoo
  • Like 1

The bar I work at started some Sunday specials this week, got off my shift and had a dozen wings for dinner. Between the Sunday special and my employee discount they came out to $3.42. Some fucking delicious wings too, 6 jerk wings and 6 chipotle BBQ.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

We had a lot of leftovers in the fridge so here is what I did.....cut up some marinated grilled sirloin, had some spicy seasoned chicken breast already cut up....mixed those two with black beans, corn, lettuce, jalapeños and topped with Colby Jack. Nuked for a bit and then added salsa and sour cream....damn good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Not sure on dinner but whipping up a batch of Jimmy Dean, Velveeta and Rotel dip. :bc:

Have a triple bypass on me Jim.

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You should be banned from any cooking threads , after that stunt you pulled today :flush:

:news:

I would have to agree with you Jay :sad: