Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member

This is how long Rob Alford has been riding Revy. First time we met he smashed his oil pump from a flat landing on the 02 or something SkiDoo ZX! You wonder why his back hurts?? @alfordrob @skidoo #revelstoke

IMG_1964.thumb.jpeg.d58bbc5515041dadd1ba344784937cba.jpeg

IMG_1964.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Good, quick, guy's weekend in Northern MN at my buddy's place.  We got some golf in, drank, took the pontoon for a spin, drank, studded out his sled, drank, installed his heated shield plug, drank, did some meat on the smoker, drank, played cards ... you get the idea :bc:

A few pics of his sled (he bought this from a guy who won it in a MN Wild raffle)

image.thumb.png.2c757c11077fe387c927b0fa61bc108c.png

IMG_1330.PNG

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

Did you get a chance to get some drinking in? :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

My 2007 F250 diesel has died and I’m looking for a replacement. Prefer crewcab diesel pre-emissions.

IMG_6495.thumb.png.1b783ebbb0d71b07c9046f77243187e9.png

I reply to a Marketplace add for a 2007 F350 Outlaw package truck with 400k kms (250k miles). He’s asking $9000.  I ask about rust in the body. He says the drivers side rocker is a bit rough. Motor runs great, and rest of the body is good.

So with hope in my heart I drive 1.5 hours to see this gem.

He and I disagree on the definition of rough. Behind this pic is a section with 3 inches of steel missing.

IMG_6491.thumb.jpeg.b161059663f7fdb4a8101cc95e0884c2.jpeg

It don’t take a body man to realize that’s major. That’s inner, outer rocker and door post, likely part of the floor is gone too. Passenger side wasn’t much better. Strangely the cab corners are mint. Box is rotted through on passenger side. Both bumpers are rotted through.

Look in the interior and both front seats are beat, repairable but beat.

Now, I’m an optimist I guess cause I haven’t left yet….lol

Let’s start it up. Glow plugs work, ai turn the key and she fires right up. But it’s not smooth, lump, lump, lump. I push the pedal hoping it will clean up. Nope it’s definitely got a miss and we got CEL on in the cluster.

I says Dude, it’s obvious it has a miss. Best case it’s a bad injector but there are things a lot worse that could be going on here.

Have you tried to safety it? 

No but the rear calipers are seized so we towed it here.

So it’s rotten, the motor has a miss and I can’t test drive it?

Ok, what do you need out of it?

Id like to get close to my $9k.

:whiteflag:

What a way to waste a Sunday.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

How big is that lake

: not big enough "

Rumor has it, it was flying some rich Russians on a secret fishing trip and got hit by a flying projectile!!!!! Guy named Justin was going to be the guide:dunno:

True story, heard it the local coffee shop :news:

:lol:

”We brought in seven players for a series of psychological and physical tests. One of them was Trevor Linden. 
He called me the night before and said, ’Hi, Mr. Burke, it’s Trevor Linden. My dad said I should call you because I can’t come on Saturday.’ I said, ’Well, Trevor, none of the players call me Mr. Burke. Call me Burkie. And, why can’t you come?’ ’My dad said I had to call you to say I couldn’t come.’ I said, ’I know, I get that part. I heard that twice – your dad made you call me and you can’t come. This is the this time now, why can’t you come?’ 
Minnesota had the first pick overall, so I thought they were up to something. And Linden said, ’Well it’s branding day at my uncle’s ranch in Medicine Hat, and my dad says I have to stay and help him.’ So, I said, ’I’m a city boy, so tell me what branding is.’ He said, ’Well, we run range cattle up here in the Hat, and in the spring we round them up and we brand all the calves. We turn one-year-old male calves into steers.’ 
I said, ’Well, what’s your job on branding day?’ He said, ’When the cattle comes out of the pen, I grab them and hold them down and pin them while we brand them and cut their nuts off.’ I said, ’You can skip these tests’. We never tested him”

IMG_1968.jpeg.93fc820de922ee1f7bc0dd9c6b5341ac.jpeg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Spent the weekend mixing and pouring 163 80lb bags of concrete for the slab for my shed project. First time ever doing anything with concrete think I did ok for a first timer not having a clue what the hell I was doing lol. My 5yr old son even got in on the action for a bit.IMG_4143.thumb.jpeg.bf1bb52f258580d4323bf261f2febfd6.jpegIMG_4137.thumb.jpeg.d8fc2e8d2be79095a356fac3e3f311ea.jpeg

Looks pretty good! 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Spent the weekend mixing and pouring 163 80lb bags of concrete for the slab for my shed project. First time ever doing anything with concrete think I did ok for a first timer not having a clue what the hell I was doing lol. My 5yr old son even got in on the action for a bit.IMG_4143.thumb.jpeg.bf1bb52f258580d4323bf261f2febfd6.jpegIMG_4137.thumb.jpeg.d8fc2e8d2be79095a356fac3e3f311ea.jpeg

Congrats. I’ve done some 50-60 bag pours on job sites where it wasn’t worth getting a ready mix truck. A buddy of mine did 250 bags to fill footings and sonotubes for a deck at his cottage. He bought an electric mixer for $400 which was helpful. 

Biggest challenge I find with the bags is not to get too much water is the mix or it takes for ever before you can trowel a finish. The bleed water just keeps coming out for hours. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Congrats. I’ve done some 50-60 bag pours on job sites where it wasn’t worth getting a ready mix truck. A buddy of mine did 250 bags to fill footings and sonotubes for a deck at his cottage. He bought an electric mixer for $400 which was helpful. 

Biggest challenge I find with the bags is not to get too much water is the mix or it takes for ever before you can trowel a finish. The bleed water just keeps coming out for hours. 

Damn that’s a lotta hand mixing.  Your back must be feeling it.  :bc: 

Water pump went out on the jeep last weekend.  Got a good laugh when I went to the local autoparts store and asked if they had a water pump in stock for a 1968 327.  They'll have it on Wednesday.

20211106_114058.jpg

Edited by Doug
  • Like 3

A 12,000-ton armored plate press, at the shipbuilding firm of William Beardmore & Sons, Parkhead Forge, Glasgow. It was installed in 1912 and was used to shape ship's hull plates and gun turrets.

IMG_1972.thumb.jpeg.17d930eedfd1b57b472c8fc826f6a9e5.jpeg

• Like 4