Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Damn that’s a lotta hand mixing.  Your back must be feeling it.  :bc: 

That’s what 20 something year backs are for.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Sled_Hed said:

Taint washed immediately citizen?

Lol what???

Transportation Worker Identifiation Card

Yet another over reach by our government.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Lol what???

Transportation Worker Identifiation Card

Yet another over reach by our government.

I was just attempting to be funny. Figured maybe you didn't want a landlubber with a dirty taint on your vessel 🤣

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Congrats. I’ve done some 50-60 bag pours on job sites where it wasn’t worth getting a ready mix truck. A buddy of mine did 250 bags to fill footings and sonotubes for a deck at his cottage. He bought an electric mixer for $400 which was helpful. 

Biggest challenge I find with the bags is not to get too much water is the mix or it takes for ever before you can trowel a finish. The bleed water just keeps coming out for hours. 

I noticed that with the concrete it seemed to have a good amount of water coming up when we started to screed it out. I just assumed it was normal but guess we maybe added to much water from what you’re saying. Did the same as your buddy did thats what we used an electric mixer. I was gonna rent one but it was basically same price to just buy a cheapo one $290 bucks yardmax mixer. It held two bags a mix worked great and once we got a system going it went pretty quick. Hopefully the rain holds off this weekend so I can start framing.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

What is your new job, and what company is it with ? What area are you working in ?

I'm the Mate for Stasinos Marine, currently sailing aboard the Meaghan Marie in  Delaware Bay.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

My 2007 F250 diesel has died and I’m looking for a replacement. Prefer crewcab diesel pre-emissions.

IMG_6495.thumb.png.1b783ebbb0d71b07c9046f77243187e9.png

I reply to a Marketplace add for a 2007 F350 Outlaw package truck with 400k kms (250k miles). He’s asking $9000.  I ask about rust in the body. He says the drivers side rocker is a bit rough. Motor runs great, and rest of the body is good.

So with hope in my heart I drive 1.5 hours to see this gem.

He and I disagree on the definition of rough. Behind this pic is a section with 3 inches of steel missing.

IMG_6491.thumb.jpeg.b161059663f7fdb4a8101cc95e0884c2.jpeg

It don’t take a body man to realize that’s major. That’s inner, outer rocker and door post, likely part of the floor is gone too. Passenger side wasn’t much better. Strangely the cab corners are mint. Box is rotted through on passenger side. Both bumpers are rotted through.

Look in the interior and both front seats are beat, repairable but beat.

Now, I’m an optimist I guess cause I haven’t left yet….lol

Let’s start it up. Glow plugs work, ai turn the key and she fires right up. But it’s not smooth, lump, lump, lump. I push the pedal hoping it will clean up. Nope it’s definitely got a miss and we got CEL on in the cluster.

I says Dude, it’s obvious it has a miss. Best case it’s a bad injector but there are things a lot worse that could be going on here.

Have you tried to safety it? 

No but the rear calipers are seized so we towed it here.

So it’s rotten, the motor has a miss and I can’t test drive it?

Ok, what do you need out of it?

Id like to get close to my $9k.

:whiteflag:

What a way to waste a Sunday.

Why don't you just go slam your head with a shovel, instead of wasting your time with those troublesome motors. Get a 6.7 powerstroke and you will never look back.

:bc:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A 12,000-ton armored plate press, at the shipbuilding firm of William Beardmore & Sons, Parkhead Forge, Glasgow. It was installed in 1912 and was used to shape ship's hull plates and gun turrets.

IMG_1972.thumb.jpeg.17d930eedfd1b57b472c8fc826f6a9e5.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

1927 - A fender stamping press at the Ford Motor Company River Rouge plant, Dearborn, Michigan

IMG_1976.thumb.jpeg.9739f6bbc4321d51c7dcde75d02b2c1f.jpeg

Cool pics. I work around punch presses every day. They're fairly old school, just not quite that old lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Cool pics. I work around punch presses every day. They're fairly old school, just not quite that old lol.

What's kind of tonnage? Cold forging or hot?

Edited by Steve753

Just now, Sled_Hed said:

Our biggest is 50 Ton. We run progressive dies.

Oh just small ones. We use to rebuild 2000 to 3000 ton mostly. Some smaller ones.

41 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

1927 - A fender stamping press at the Ford Motor Company River Rouge plant, Dearborn, Michigan

IMG_1976.thumb.jpeg.9739f6bbc4321d51c7dcde75d02b2c1f.jpeg

That's insane! Could you imagine what that thing weighs..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

Our biggest is 50 Ton. We run progressive dies.

One of the last project I worked on was purchasing a 600 ton Byatronic press brake to form 6mm armor.  It also had a robotic arm on a track to hold and support the product. The foundation for the press which required a pit for the bed and track for the robot was 300k alone.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Why don't you just go slam your head with a shovel, instead of wasting your time with those troublesome motors. Get a 6.7 powerstroke and you will never look back.

:bc:

If I was an intelligent person that would probably be the route to go but I’m not I guess.

I have no need for a 6.7 or even a diesel really. I only need the truck to last 5 yrs, I want something a bit different (special) than a standard truck. It needs to have a clean interior. I want something for under $20k on the road. 

It has to be a Ford. I don’t want a 5.4 or a 6.4. 

That leaves me looking at 6.0’s or possibly a 6.2 gas if I have to buy something more modern.

In the end, I prefer the looks of ‘05-07 and I have great parts truck to raid. 

So 06-07 F250 Outlaw, Harley, Amarillo packages would be top of the list. King Ranch is possible but I don’t like those interiors once they get beat.