Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

Here is a pic from 1954 of Waterford, ME. The title of the photo is "See the world without leaving Maine."

I believe that the sign is still there today. It was there the last time I was in Waterford about 10 years ago.

FB_IMG_1694792612945.jpg

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member

First X-Games in Crested Butte, Colorado.
I took this pic right after the Final with one of those Kodak throw away cameras.
I made copies of these pics, had Aaron, Per and Blair autograph them and then gave a copy to each one of them and had one signed for myself.
In hindsight, I missed an opportunity to get Dennis Burks and Toni Haikonen in on the autographing and getting them a copy.
They are in the background getting interviewed when I captured this image.
1. Toni Haikonen Won
2. Dennis Burke was second
3. Per Bergeron finished third
4. Aaron Scheele was No.1 Qualifier
5. Blair Morgan, well, is Blair Morgan

IMG_1901.thumb.jpeg.f63bd07609182dea304f333690a2bf64.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I took this pic right after the Final with one of those Kodak throw away cameras.
I made copies of these pics, had Aaron, Per and Blair autograph them and then gave a copy to each one of them and had one signed for myself.
In hindsight, I missed an opportunity to get Dennis Burks and Toni Haikonen in on the autographing and getting them a copy.
1. Toni Haikonen Won

Very cool, Jim :bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

In this clear and perhaps rather surprising view from 17,500’ (5,300m) beneath the surface of the Pacific, a 1941 International Harvester A14 “Shop Mule” sits still chained to the deck of aircraft carrier USS Hornet (CV-8). Most famous today for being host vessel of the successful Doolittle Raid in April of 1942, the carrier was later lost during the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands on October 27th of the same year. This and a number of other stunning photos were taken soon after the lost ship’s discovery by Paul Allen’s research vessel R/V Petrel in January of 2019 off the coast of the Solomon Islands, these being the first new images seen of Hornet in more than 76 years.

Similar in form and appearance to other International Harvesters of the period used in agricultural work, this machine would have been employed aboard as a tow tractor for use in moving aircraft - likely including the famous B-25B Mitchells of the first bombing raid on Japanese soil during WWII.

Photo credit Navigea LTD, January 2019

704FD8D2-3532-4C57-B16C-2B5D56728274.thumb.jpeg.874d8ce0356bcc6f8049992e3bcf3e62.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

1. Toni Haikonen Won

I met Toni when he was running independent at the end of his career in Thunder Bay. Spent about an hour in his race trailer bullshitting with him while the wife and his GF chatted about,, who cares:lol:

Super cool dude :thumbsup: