Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member

Holy Moly…..:wackit:

Sophia Loren and Jayne Mansfield / at a dinner party given by Paramount Pictures to welcome Miss Loren to Hollywood /
Romanoff's restaurant, Beverly Hills, April 12, 1957. https://www.instagram.com/60s_angels/

3C5C0678-C1EA-4E37-B6FC-CA4497BC7FF7.thumb.jpeg.93e39705e5a8d3e36b75c442065df4f5.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sophia Loren and Jayne Mansfield / at a dinner party given by Paramount Pictures to welcome Miss Loren to Hollywood /
Romanoff's restaurant, Beverly Hills, April 12, 1957. https://www.instagram.com/60s_angels/

3C5C0678-C1EA-4E37-B6FC-CA4497BC7FF7.thumb.jpeg.93e39705e5a8d3e36b75c442065df4f5.jpeg

Both were smokeshows in their day.  :bc: 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thge female detective on Law and order SVU is Jane mansfields daughter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Our club president helping out his neighboring dairy

received_840123967430711.jpeg

received_834763594967979.jpeg

I'll be back at it again starting tomorrow filling silage bag, then piling for another friend Saturday and Sunday. Those big dairy farms are a whole nother animal on silage season.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

I'll be back at it again starting tomorrow filling silage bag, then piling for another friend Saturday and Sunday. Those big dairy farms are a whole nother animal on silage season.

My daughter lives within view of the largest dairy operation in the state.  Huge operation, amazing how they use every resource, even has some kind of state of the art methane recapture that turns it into natural gas.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My daughter lives within view of the largest dairy operation in the state.  Huge operation, amazing how they use every resource, even has some kind of state of the art methane recapture that turns it into natural gas.

Geez it must stink at your daughter's.

She must've got the place cheap one would think!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Geez it must stink at your daughter's.

She must've got the place cheap one would think!

No it really doesn’t, unless the shit spreaders are out in the fields which are everywhere, including behind my house.  We live in farm country.

Nothing is cheap in this town.

36 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No it really doesn’t, unless the shit spreaders are out in the fields which are everywhere, including behind my house.  We live in farm country.

Lucky! I grew up on a dairy farm. Was not fun smell wise. Showered at school alot. :lol:

40 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Always amazes me how rural some parts of CT are 

”It was an NHL old-timers game in Saskatoon, against a team from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. One of our guys got hit really bad by a young RCMP guy.
Gordie Howe was sitting on our bench and he said to whoever was coaching us, ’Let me go on.’ He jumped on before he heard an answer, and the new turned to the bench and said, ’Watch what’s going to happen.’

Gordie lines up across from the guy for the face-off and drops him with an elbow to the jaw. Knocks him out, cold. And then he skates back to our bench and says, ’Well, he won’t be touching one of our guys again.’”

– Guy Lafleur

IMG_1895.thumb.jpeg.36515464e0b562e18bb41c4ca951e3e0.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Lucky! I grew up on a dairy farm. Was not fun smell wise. Showered at school alot. :lol:

No shit.  That explains some.  :lol:   :bc: 5th generation Swissers run the farm, and they've grown it exponentially, large community of Apostolic Christians in town, good people, honest and hard working.  Its actually a great place to raise a family.

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

”It was an NHL old-timers game in Saskatoon, against a team from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. One of our guys got hit really bad by a young RCMP guy.
Gordie Howe was sitting on our bench and he said to whoever was coaching us, ’Let me go on.’ He jumped on before he heard an answer, and the new turned to the bench and said, ’Watch what’s going to happen.’

Gordie lines up across from the guy for the face-off and drops him with an elbow to the jaw. Knocks him out, cold. And then he skates back to our bench and says, ’Well, he won’t be touching one of our guys again.’”

– Guy Lafleur

IMG_1895.thumb.jpeg.36515464e0b562e18bb41c4ca951e3e0.jpeg

Got to know Gordie pretty good for a short period of time back then, when he came into the home improvement place I worked at, when he played for the Whalers.  Pobably over a course of a year, he'd come in almost weekly for some kind of project or another, and I'd always take care of him.  So laid back and non assuming.  That was cool.  I knew he was famous, but didn't really understand just how legendary he was.  More than 40 years later, for sure.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 4