Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner????

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member

A char broiled burger from the finest selection of beef in the USA topped with select greens tomatoes and pickles with the finest piece of chedder available to man. (Whopper)

Edited by Steve753
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Deephaven said:

It's by far my least favorite holiday meal.

I prefer the rib roast at Christmas. Nicole's family makes way to many dishes for Thanksgiving. I'm good with turkey, stuffing, mashed &, gravy, mixed veggies, cranberry sauce and some fresh baked rolls. That's plenty for the 20 minutes that we eat, lol. Oh, can't forget the pies. Gotta have at least a pumpkin and an apple pie.

But Nicole's family has all of their traditions that Nicole's mother likes to keep going and add another half dozen dishes . Then it takes a month of Sunday's to do the dishes. :lol:

• Like 1

I find traditional boring.  Turkey is cheap as hell, not something special I should share with my extended family.  I'd rather throw down something nice for everyone instead of the normal...but of course lots of people like tradition so it just makes me never want to host.  I always host Christmas.  That gives me the freedom to make courses for everyone.  Much more fun.

23 minutes ago, ckf said:

I prefer the rib roast at Christmas. Nicole's family makes way to many dishes for Thanksgiving. I'm good with turkey, stuffing, mashed &, gravy, mixed veggies, cranberry sauce and some fresh baked rolls. That's plenty for the 20 minutes that we eat, lol. Oh, can't forget the pies. Gotta have at least a pumpkin and an apple pie.

But Nicole's family has all of their traditions that Nicole's mother likes to keep going and add another half dozen dishes . Then it takes a month of Sunday's to do the dishes. :lol:

Lots of whipped cream on the pumpkin pie and ice cream to go with the apple pie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

I find traditional boring.  Turkey is cheap as hell, not something special I should share with my extended family.  I'd rather throw down something nice for everyone instead of the normal...but of course lots of people like tradition so it just makes me never want to host.  I always host Christmas.  That gives me the freedom to make courses for everyone.  Much more fun.

Well spill it wolfgang!

:lol:

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

That sounds like what @steve from amherst has on Saturday night :dunno:

Tacos 🌮

It was our first night back home and i was craving a steak so i picked a couple up. Need to do some grocery shopping tomorrow.  Fridge and pantry are pretty bare. 

• Like 2