Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner????

ckf

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Stopped at a Shawarma shop on the way home.

Gyro on a Pita with an order of Pakora. A couple of Innis & Gunn Ruby Red Beers.

:thumbsup: Love me some Shawarma, we have a pretty good joint not far from here.  Had some sweet filets on the grill with mashed potatoes and crunchy cole slaw.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bontz said:

If you get a chance to try it, I can just about guarantee you'll like it Jerry :thumb:

Was it farm raised elk or wild elk?Big difference. As far as wild meat goes,,

1.Moose, 2. Elk, 3.Deer, 4. Caribou.

IMHO from eating all 4 :bc:

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

stroganoff fan here would like to see it... 

Kinda hard to take a picture, unless you want a picture of the turd I plan to cut later today (in other words, it's been eaten).  It's no different than any other homemade stroganoff, other then I had elk meat cubed up vs. beef.  I didn't even realize my dad still had a pack of elk meat in their freeze, but when I asked him about it he told me to take it and use it up.

46 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Kinda hard to take a picture, unless you want a picture of the turd I plan to cut later today (in other words, it's been eaten).  It's no different than any other homemade stroganoff, other then I had elk meat cubed up vs. beef.  I didn't even realize my dad still had a pack of elk meat in their freeze, but when I asked him about it he told me to take it and use it up.

what type of sauce, red wine based?  there was an Italian restaurant in Racine WI in the 1980's we used to go to with family that had the best stroganoff I've ever had to this day... have tried making it on my own, have tried it at other restaurants but nothing has ever come close.

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what type of sauce, red wine based? 

LOL .. no.  I'm just a simpleton.  It's a pretty basic recipe with simply adding some flour, beef broth, and a dab of sour cream.  I've never tried wine based sauce for stroganoff, but sounds interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

LOL .. no.  I'm just a simpleton.  It's a pretty basic recipe with simply adding some flour, beef broth, and a dab of sour cream.  I've never tried wine based sauce for stroganoff, but sounds interesting.

Ours is even simpler.... it's usually hamburger helper. :lol:

Nicole does occasionally use her mother's recipe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2