Check your account email address ×

2024 Sleds... what's coming

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Gym isn't sure why this Coroner feller is dragging him into this ruckus.  Gym knows the Norman County Coroner and has seen him put tags on people's toes.  Gym doesn't sit at the same lunch table as him.  Gym wonders if this Coroner feller has identified some thread killers here.  

Gym is getting very excited about the 2024 Polaris Snowmachine debut on March 6th.  Gym will have the Commodore 64 fired up and ready to go.  Gym is planning on being at his dealer bright and early on March 7th.  Gym has the best dealer. 

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Gym Rumstad  

Gym would appreciate it if you could please spell his name correctly. 

332165436_593776478875985_3340431527882946537_n.jpg

• Haha 1

We'll see where things stand in two years.
Could be that Cat has won back to back real world sled of the year with the 600 Catalyst then Big Bore the next year. I don't see Polaris or Ski-Doo coming out with a new chassis anytime soon, they might copy Cat's belt drive system though. 
If this all happens you can easily see Cat getting up to 20% share again quickly.

Edited by stinkipinki

27 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Could be that Cat has won back to back real world sled of the year with the 600 Catalyst then Big Bore the next year. I don't see Polaris or Ski-Doo coming out with a new chassis anytime soon, they might copy Cat's belt drive system though. 
If this all happens you can easily see Cat getting up to 20% share again quickly.

In tough competition there, against the Doo 850 turbo and whatever Polaris brings to the table. Might have a better chance if it had a new powerplant

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

Doo just came out with the gen 5 sled for this season so you won’t see much out of them for a while. Polaris has had a belt drive for over a decade, they haven’t used it in a trail sled yet. Maybe they finally will.  they have already tested everything they need to know about it. When cat gets the catalyst fully launched it will be about the time Polaris does a refresh again. VR1 will be about 5 years old at that point 

Having owned belt drive rmks and chaincase trail sleds ill say the belt is a nosier system.  It also will take up footwell space if its packaged in the toe hold area and not forward of it such as on an rmk.   Am curious to see cats solution to these known detractors on poos belt drive.

Edited by Boonbocker1

Arctic cat barely maintained 20% in the ZR years when they had the best sleds out there. Mid/high teens is probably a comfortable role for them to settle back into if they keep going and don’t settle on the catalyst and a couple new motors for 12 years.

9 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Having owned belt drive rmks and chaincase trail sleds ill say the belt is a nosier system.  It also will take up footwell space ig its packaged in the toe hold area and not forward of it such as on an rmk.   Am curious to see cats solution to these known detractors on poos belt drive.

Everyone who has ridden and written about the belt drive on the Catalyst say's it is very quiet. Less noise than the chain case sleds actually, and I have yet to find one person complaining about room for there foot. 

Edited by ZR6000RR

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Everyone who has ridden and written about the belt drive on the Catalyst say's it is very quiet. Less noise than the chain case sleds actually, and I have yet to find one person complaining about room for there foot. 

I'll reserve final judgement until these units are built in the masses and in the hands of many vs a few.  Right now there's alot of buzz around it due to many yrs of nothing new. Thats expected, 1 yr from now we will know how the whole sled actually works and have real world consumer feedback 

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Of course not because you only drink green koolaid

It's almost time for green beer.

Since we know what Ski Doo and Cat are offering for 2024, what are we expecting from the other two?

Last year, the single Yamaha employee was leaking tidbits from their photo shoot about now, and I haven't seen anything this year.  Just BNG's, is that it for them in 2024?

I think the consensus is that Polaris has a new display for this year, is that it?  4s turbo, maybe?  New rear skid?  This thread is starting to get so long that I can't remember what has been said.

1 hour ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Having owned belt drive rmks and chaincase trail sleds ill say the belt is a nosier system.  It also will take up footwell space if its packaged in the toe hold area and not forward of it such as on an rmk.   Am curious to see cats solution to these known detractors on poos belt drive.

Well Cat's new system is quieter then any other system in the sport.

3 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Instead of making statements like the above which makes it sound like it's factual per you why don't you sound less retarded and say "Cat claims" when you make a claim. Being less noisey I don't think is a huge issue for probably 99% of riders anyhow.

14 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I guess the ones on here who have ridden it and said how quiet it was don't count. Typical Polaris rider in other words. Facts don't matter. I ride the best because Polaris said so.

3 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Down from 20 - 30 %, to now 20%, keep going buddy you're still way to high. Took Cat 10 years to catch the big two with their ctec 800 that got left in the dust after a year in production with the new 850's and 850 turbos. New big bore from Cat will again be behind as the big two are working on their next gen now. Likely same with the Catalyst. Will likely not change for another 10 years. 

6 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Down from 20 - 30 %, to now 20%, keep going buddy you're still way to high. Took Cat 10 years to catch the big two with their ctec 800 that got left in the dust after a year in production with the new 850's and 850 turbos. New big bore from Cat will again be behind as the big two are working on their next gen now. Likely same with the Catalyst. Will likely not change for another 10 years. 

This comment makes perfect sense, if it was 2022.
It's not 2022 anymore.

I wish cat the best with catalyst.  If you remove emotion and read what I wrote about belt noise and packaging you will see these are valid detractors from a current production belt drive system thats been around since 2013.  Cat could have a better solution, we will see in time.   More of a concern than noise, for me, is how much room it MIGHT take up in the footwell area?   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

I wish cat the best with catalyst.  If you remove emotion and read what I wrote about belt noise and packaging you will see these are valid detractors from a current production belt drive system thats been around since 2013.  Cat could have a better solution, we will see in time.   More of a concern than noise, for me, is how much room it MIGHT take up in the footwell area?   

No more than the chain case did on the Pro Cross. Might be even more room since the cover is different and no oil tank outside of it.

26 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

This is why nobody will ever pay me to do reviews, because I didn't notice.  It's at least similar to my ProCross or else I would've noticed.  I actually liked the footwells, there's less unused space, and they gave me a more secure feeling when I needed to hook a foot in the corners.  I didn't have any problems getting my feet to go where I wanted them to go.

As far as noise from the belt drive, see note above about not having any hope of getting paid for things like this.  I'm probably so used to tracks that howl like a banshee I wouldn't notice a little extra howl.  To me, there was no difference or maybe a touch quieter than what I would expect from a chain drive.  

If Polaris puts a belt drive in a trail sled, I'd be interested in trying it.