2024 Sleds... what's coming

9 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

Did it ride smoother then your 22? Were you able to lift the skies for 1000 ft before letting off?

It did seem to ride better. 1000 feet? Hard to do or find a place to try that on a 5 mile ride.

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Huh?  You had 25,000.  Obviously wasted them.

Maybe he was worried about twisting the chassis if he pounded it. You know, the Cat guys in the past slamming Doo and Poo over their light weight breakable sleds. Now the greatest thing since sliced bread.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Maybe he was worried about twisting the chassis if he pounded it. You know, the Cat guys in the past slamming Doo and Poo over their light weight breakable sleds. Now the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Lightweight doesn't have to mean breakable.  I've never slammed either poo or doo for being light, but they are both very fragile.  The mountain guys joke about totaling them by hitting a pine cone.  A friend of mine shattered the bulkhead on his 650 on groomed trail ( insurance covered that, but not the 17 sets of plugs that sled went through in 1 season)
XP's are famous for bending "modules" when loading the sled on a trailer, or crossing RR tracks on the trail.

6 hours ago, krom said:

Lightweight doesn't have to mean breakable.  I've never slammed either poo or doo for being light, but they are both very fragile.  The mountain guys joke about totaling them by hitting a pine cone.  A friend of mine shattered the bulkhead on his 650 on groomed trail ( insurance covered that, but not the 17 sets of plugs that sled went through in 1 season)
XP's are famous for bending "modules" when loading the sled on a trailer, or crossing RR tracks on the trail.

You sure don't know many people that ride Arctic Cat's.  Same here.

7 hours ago, krom said:

Really funny stuff right there. I've been around sleds for decades, probably longer than you. Have never seen a folded Poo, Doo or Cat. Have to get me a set of green glasses I guess

1 hour ago, Tripleflipper said:

Really funny stuff right there. I've been around sleds for decades, probably longer than you. Have never seen a folded Poo, Doo or Cat. Have to get me a set of green glasses I guess

You're either so full of shit that it's running out of your ears, or nepotism jim can outride you on an 80's jag. 

Doo has had weak front ends ever since '03 and the "flying nun" XP/XS folds modules when you catch a carbide loading on the trailer, or catch a curb.

The Dude

Senior Member of the DEWCrew
"About half of DT has repaced their NUN...."

https://www.dootalk.com/threads/how-many-of-you-replaced-the-flying-nun.257491/

while on doo talk, search "s module" and "e module"

Poo mountain sleds bend a-arms from even the tinyest bump.

There are as many company selling a arm upgrade kits, as there are selling fix kits for the 800.

Edited by krom

10 hours ago, krom said:

😂😂😂 I’ve never been able to figure out why you and Jimmy aren’t best friends.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, airflite1 said:

😂😂😂 I’ve never been able to figure out why you and Jimmy aren’t best friends.

Really?

Speaking of things that can't possibly be true (but might be), I'm in the pilot's lounge in Austin, MN a few years ago and there's a crop duster in there talking about how his wife doesn't let him carry his cell phone in the plane any more.  I said, why?  He said, cuz she called him while he was dusting one day and he said oops, I just flew under a power line.  So, she won't let him answer the phone any more in the plane.

Could that be a true?  Or, is this like one of my ice fishing buddies who swears he had the biggest walleye he's ever seen get away just under his ice hole?

33 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Really?

Speaking of things that can't possibly be true (but might be), I'm in the pilot's lounge in Austin, MN a few years ago and there's a crop duster in there talking about how his wife doesn't let him carry his cell phone in the plane any more.  I said, why?  He said, cuz she called him while he was dusting one day and he said oops, I just flew under a power line.  So, she won't let him answer the phone any more in the plane.

Could that be a true?  Or, is this like one of my ice fishing buddies who swears he had the biggest walleye he's ever seen get away just under his ice hole?

Both could be true. I quit wearing my Apple Watch when working, it seemed to vibrate an alert at the worst possible time and at the speed ag planes fly now, a moments distraction could easily be fatal. I flew the corn run in Illinois last summer and the number of accidents was shocking and having the phone in the plane was discussed a lot. It wasn't the biggest Walleye I've seen but last year the Northern that was to the ice was bigger than any I've seen before.

Edited by airflite1
  • Like 1

speaking of light weight, durability, reliability, a great seat and excellent handling... I've beaten on this for over 6k worry free miles and bet I could beat on it for 6k more.  engine is bone stock original and has never been opened up.  who makes something like that these days?   

IMG_20230305_115115434_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230305_154243602_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, krom said:

You're either so full of shit that it's running out of your ears, or nepotism jim can outride you on an 80's jag. 

Doo has had weak front ends ever since '03 and the "flying nun" XP/XS folds modules when you catch a carbide loading on the trailer, or catch a curb.

https://www.dootalk.com/threads/how-many-of-you-replaced-the-flying-nun.257491/

while on doo talk, search "s module" and "e module"

Poo mountain sleds bend a-arms from even the tinyest bump.

There are as many company selling a arm upgrade kits, as there are selling fix kits for the 800.

Pot me kettle. You spread more shit around here than than anyone else. Maybe outside of your buddy 6000R. The consumer has determined quality vs non quality. Cat has 5% market share, you're done

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

So I'm having breakfast this morning before the races and walk out to this scene...

20230305_082605[1].jpg

Love the blue ski's on your sled btw. I stopped and admired it before going in to check in and have breakfast. 

1 hour ago, Tripleflipper said:

Pot me kettle. You spread more shit around here than than anyone else. Maybe outside of your buddy 6000R. The consumer has determined quality vs non quality. Cat has 5% market share, you're done

So you admit I'm right.

Too bad you aren't smart enough to come up with an actual reply to any of the facts or links I posted

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

Seeing alot of these...going to be a significant swing in marker share the next two years.

ROFL.  It did have 96 likes.  Almost the full production for Cat there.  Significant swing, your conclusions are hilarious.

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

speaking of light weight, durability, reliability, a great seat and excellent handling... I've beaten on this for over 6k worry free miles and bet I could beat on it for 6k more.  engine is bone stock original and has never been opened up.  who makes something like that these days?   

IMG_20230305_115115434_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230305_154243602_HDR.jpg

My last 2 Polaris 800 and 850’s?

2018 800 went 12,034 before a ring broke in the 800 and currently 10,100ish on the 2021 850.

I should add my 2016 800 is at 7800+ as well.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

2018 800 went 12,034 before a ring broke in the 800 and currently 10,100ish on the 2021 850.

I was hoping you would chime in here. I knew you had some pretty good mileage. 

36 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

ROFL.  It did have 96 likes.  Almost the full production for Cat there.  Significant swing, your conclusions are hilarious.

It's looking like Cat will sell out the 'First Edition' models, i've seen hundreds of confirmed purchases.
People really like the new chassis.

59 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

too bad they're soda cans if you hit a bump in the trail... :roflcrying:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1