Check your account email address ×

2024 Sleds... what's coming

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ALL-NEW 129-INCH SLIDE-ACTION REAR SUSPENSION (ZR)

This next generation SLIDE-ACTION suspension design dials up the fun factor at any winter playground! Lightweight, playful and robust, this uncoupled suspension utilizes the long front arm from ZR race models and is designed to transfer weight – Due to the perfect balance of the CATALYST platform, the ride becomes fully influenced by the rider’s position – Rip a windblown ditch line with confidence, rail a trail corner by leaning forward and shift your weight rearward to loft the skis exiting it. A 3-wheel rear axle is standard and available with choice of IFP gas shocks or ATAC adjust on-the-fly packages 

https://www.arcticinsider.com/inside-look-2024-arctic-cat-snowmobiles-catalyst-suspensions/

Sounds like what Polaris has been saying for a while....

Oh snap!   This is about as bad as when cats marketing material for the 2018 alpha 1 mirrored poos 2013 marketing material for the pro rmk.   Cats images of how the alpha works on a side hill were near identical to poos images from About 8 yrs earlier. 

IMO cat needs to stop chasing poo for sales and set its eyes on doo.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Except that Polaris has a hell of a time keeping the inside ski down on a turn. 

Wow, I must be special along with my 5 riding buddies who all are on axys or matryx sleds.   We don't have issues with inside ski lift on them.  Back when we rode the pro ride stuff though it was an annoyance in some situations 

5 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Wow, I must be special along with my 5 riding buddies who all are on axys or matryx sleds.   We don't have issues with inside ski lift on them.  Back when we rode the pro ride stuff though it was an annoyance in some situations 

I drove a 137 VR1 last year and yes, it lifts the inside ski when you transition hard from left to right or right to left on hardpack.

59 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Haven't seen any poo owner ever say flat cornering was bad or stupid.   Have seen a few cat diehards bag on poo for having a playful chassis that can lift skis by leaning back or corner flat by leaning forward tho....you know, by moving your body around and In turn influencing the sleds manners.

No one said it was bad or stupid, but it can still be tippy.
It makes up for it by how much rider input can alter that though, but its there.

21 minutes ago, HSR said:

Wrong, and at the speeds you travel I don't think you would ever experience it anyway.

I will say it will be interesting if the catalyst can live up to the hype on FS. Cuz man it's like the second coming of christ for some of you.

No. Just fun busting balls of Polaris riders. They are so sensitive! Like a room full of whining bitches! Your pussy hurt?

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and you know this from... riding them?   buddy had an Axys Assault, it trail rode amazingly well and it's primary function isn't as a groomed trail sled.  IDK how you're going to deal with this new chassis they didn't need because the Procross was flawless, last year according to some. 

I said it worked best, for me! Now I will have a Pro Cross and a Catalyst to compare to. 

9 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I drove a 137 VR1 last year and yes, it lifts the inside ski when you transition hard from left to right or right to left on hardpack.

137 Vr1 is the exact sled i own and have owned since 2021.  Again, no issues with inside ski lift 

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I said it worked best, for me! Now I will have a Pro Cross and a Catalyst to compare to. 

how can you say that without having ridden a Polaris or SkiDoo from the past decade?  

I REALLY look forward to seeing which you prefer... 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

No one said it was bad or stupid, but it can still be tippy.
It makes up for it by how much rider input can alter that though, but its there.

If I had unlimited time I could find several threads where cat owners ragged on poo for having a playful chassis that can lift the skis by leaning back or corner flat by leaning forward.  Lots of banter past few yrs from poo crew about how procross was boring to ride and how cat crew said poos were dangerous cuz you could change the sleds attitude by moving around on the sled a bit.  Many cat owners feared being able to lean side to side or forward and backward to get the sled to move with the rider....until catalyst.

Edit-  poo crew used analogy of influincing the sled like a dirtbike.  Cat crew said thats bad and that couches aren't responsive like that so their sleds shouldn't be either 

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

137 Vr1 is the exact sled i own and have owned since 2021.  Again, no issues with inside ski lift 

I could see my buddies inside ski coming up on alot of quick corners. We even talked about it at the pub. My Apex Attack 136 didn't even do that.

If arctic cat had half a brain they’d have ordered parts 6 months ago to make as many catalysts as possible even if some ended up being floor models. Instead I just bought my dealer (consistent top 5 dealer) out of 2 models. If you want people to buy them next year (25) you should be getting as many on the snow as you can build, if their good they’ll all sell.

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how can you say that without having ridden a Polaris or SkiDoo from the past decade?  

I REALLY look forward to seeing which you prefer... 

I've ridden them all. Hated the Doo. Polaris? Not better than my Pro Cross. Both seem rather fragile as well. 

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I've ridden them all. Hated the Doo. Polaris? Not better than my Pro Cross. Both seem rather fragile as well. 

but you're going to love the Catalyst....?

:fool:

11 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I'll have to slow my riding style down and find somebody that still rides a ProCross for that comparison.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Probably, if all that has been said by those who have ridden it is true. Wont break like the doo sleds and wont be recalled like the poo sleds. Ha ha!

12 minutes ago, Doug said:

I'll have to slow my riding style down and find somebody that still rides a ProCross for that comparison.

I have unlimited access to a 6000 RXC Procross... and would like to try the VR1 

💡

2 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Haven't seen any poo owner ever say flat cornering was bad or stupid.  

I'd much rather have a lively sled than one that corners super flat.  Mine loves to lift either ski whenever I want it to.  I articulate the front end all the time.  Anyone who can't handle a little ski lift is a seriously slow rider.  It is the trails that determine the top speed you can go in corners, not the machine.  So easy to ride beyond safe visibility.

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Except that Polaris has a hell of a time keeping the inside ski down on a turn. 

Which is irrelevant unless you ride like a little bitch and can't control your machine.

34 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Fragile, rofl.  You couldn't break a kids sled.

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Nope, going to hate it.  Does everything like the others that he complains about.  

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Probably, if all that has been said by those who have ridden it is true. Wont break like the doo sleds and wont be recalled like the poo sleds. Ha ha!

they've basically all said it's different (more lively) than the Procross.  I truly hope it's not fragile or a recall disaster... or the 2012 Procross all over again.   I'll say this... between my brothers 21 RXC and my 2010 SP's... I have more fun on the SnoPro.  The RXC isn't a bad sled by any means, it's just more sterile if that makes sense.  Many Cat riders left Cat because they found the other brands offerings to be more fun and different than what Cat had been selling for a decade.  Good news for Procross lovers... Cat is still selling them for 2024, in green or blue.

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they've basically all said it's different (more lively) than the Procross.  I truly hope it's not fragile or a recall disaster... or the 2012 Procross all over again.   I'll say this... between my brothers 21 RXC and my 2010 SP's... I have more fun on the SnoPro.  The RXC isn't a bad sled by any means, it's just more sterile if that makes sense.  Many Cat riders left Cat because they found the other brands offerings to be more fun and different than what Cat had been selling for a decade.  Good news for Procross lovers... Cat is still selling them for 2024, in green or blue.

Not surprised that the SnoPro is more fun.  Spent some time on the RR this weekend and while the shock package is great and it took what I threw at it, it was super boring in comparison to my sled.  Not because of the motor, but the chassis.  Seating position is terrible...ass dragger indeed.  The Catalyst will not feel like that.  Not even close.  Thank god as the current Doo is complete bullshit for normal sized humans and I'd like to have more options.

13 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I'd much rather have a lively sled than one that corners super flat.  Mine loves to lift either ski whenever I want it to.  I articulate the front end all the time.  Anyone who can't handle a little ski lift is a seriously slow rider.  It is the trails that determine the top speed you can go in corners, not the machine.  So easy to ride beyond safe visibility.

Which is irrelevant unless you ride like a little bitch and can't control your machine.

Ok, so you admit you and jimwit ride at the same slow pace....

Whenever you are pushing at all, the rider and sled control the pace.  A little predictable ski lift isn't always a bad thing, but a flat cornering sled will be faster, and more predictable. at all times.

I ride at night, to eliminate the "safe visibility" issue.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, krom said:

Whenever you are pushing at all, the rider and sled control the pace.  A little predictable ski lift isn't always a bad thing, but a flat cornering sled will be faster, and more predictable. at all times.

Err, no.  What I said was that I have to slow down in corners due to potential oncoming riders not because I need to slow down in the corners.  My ski is off the right side of the trail always.  Even with me slowing down, I pull over and wait for those I ride with all the time.  This includes those on PC sleds.  Super simple, if I was the one people were waiting for I'd worry about it but it is the opposite.  

I could corner on my ultra tippy, long track, can't take a corner Assault at a faster speed with one arm behind my back than Jimwit can do at his best on his RR.

That isn't me hating on the ProCross.  It has it's place.  The one in my garage right now is there for the wife, the kids, and for unexperienced riders to be able to ride along.  The stinky unbreakable Suzuki gives confidence that it will just work even if it only gets ridden at load up speeds by the kids and 400mi a year by other adults who play on it.  It's a great 2nd sled, I just have zero desire to ride it daily.  It's way too low and completely unfun compared to a more modern machine and I expect even a 2010 SP.

1 hour ago, krom said:

When did 50-70 become slow. Trails here are curvy so closer to 50 or as slow as our slowest older riders. Jimwit? About right for a janitor in training.