Check your account email address ×

2024 Sleds... what's coming

17 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Keep dreaming. :lol2::lol2:

how much did you pay for that $9K new TNT 850 with base level shocks again?

you do know I have two 500's right?  and one isn't just some run of the mill 500... :)

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

how much did you pay for that $9K new TNT 850 with base level shocks again?

you do know I have two 500's right?  and one isn't just some run of the mill 500... :)

Put it up for sale, this should be fun to watch. :lol2: Guys are selling MY2019 for way over what I paid for the dam sled. WAFJ. :lol2:

• Like 1

Just now, Badger** said:

Put it up for sale, this should be fun to watch. :lol2: Guys are selling MY2019 for way over what I paid for the dam sled. WAFJ. :lol2:

my initial post was a joke ya doofus... I'll never sell that sled.   my heirs can if they want to.  

how much was that stick of dynamite again when you bought it?   did you even ride it this year?

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

my initial post was a joke ya doofus... I'll never sell that sled.   my heirs can if they want to.  

how much was that stick of dynamite again when you bought it?   did you even ride it this year?

I know Derr boy. 800 miles in da UP and Iron and Ashland county and maybe 200 miles down here, nothing at the lake this year. 

2 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

And so it begins...hoping they sell out.

Screenshot_20230301-071041_Facebook.jpg

Joking aside I think we all hope they sell out with a great new product, need that 3rd 

manufacturer to push the others. Unfortunately up here where we are they have

destroyed the dealer network

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Unfortunately up here where we are they have

destroyed the dealer network

While this is true, Cat never really had a huge network of dealers anyways. The other brands make their meat and potatoes with utility machine sales, UTV's and ATV's. Polaris, Yamaha, BRP  and others have products for all seasons. Not that Cat doesn't but they haven't taken off like Can Am and Polaris have.

One step at a time, focus on making a good product that holds up and customers like.
Then, once Arctic Cat has 2-3 years of net-profit on sales, they can possibly look into revamping their off-road lineup. But for Cat, it all starts in Thief River.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the shocks are probably worth more than your entire sled  ;)

Don't feed the troll, he's intent on destroying every sled related thread we get going. Please just ignore him :bc:

1 hour ago, oldslowsledder said:

Joking aside I think we all hope they sell out with a great new product, need that 3rd 

manufacturer to push the others.

They can only build a dozen, so they will sell out.  Ought to be real interesting to see the reactions of the new owners.  Sled that rides like the Doo & Poo, but they prefer the ProCross...will be a lot like 2010 for Polaris and a bunch of riders who want to go backwards and drag their butt back on the ground.

19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

They can only build a dozen, so they will sell out.  Ought to be real interesting to see the reactions of the new owners.  Sled that rides like the Doo & Poo, but they prefer the ProCross...will be a lot like 2010 for Polaris and a bunch of riders who want to go backwards and drag their butt back on the ground.

From reading reactions on folks who own all brands, it don't ride anything like the Poo Or Doo and its not the same sled at all. Doo's are front end heavy and Poo's are still tippy. As far as sales, if they sell out all pre-orders, which I think they will, Cat are back in the game, and over the next few years, should make thier way back to 20-30% market share.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

From reading reactions on folks who own all brands, it don't ride anything like the Poo Or Doo and its not the same sled at all. Doo's are front end heavy and Poo's are still tippy. As far as sales, if they sell out all pre-orders, which I think they will, Cat are back in the game, and over the next few years, should make thier way back to 20-30% market share.

Sounds legit, ROFL.  "Not the same" only because green blinders make it that way.  It will definitely ride A LOT more like the Poo and Doo than the ProCross.  If not, it'll be a major fail...but they aren't that stupid.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

They need to outdo Doo to grow market share.  There was a golfing documentary many years ago, where the groundskeeper was at war with the gophers and he decided to think like a gopher.  Eventually, he dynamited all of the gopher holes, but there were still gophers left.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Sounds legit, ROFL.  "Not the same" only because green blinders make it that way.  It will definitely ride A LOT more like the Poo and Doo than the ProCross.  If not, it'll be a major fail...but they aren't that stupid.

Wait until the cat faithful brag how playful the new chassis is and how your body position can influence the sleds manners.   You know, the same thing they've been saying is stupid in regards to any polaris since 2010

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Wait until the cat faithful brag how playful the new chassis is and how your body position can influence the sleds manners.   You know, the same thing they've been saying is stupid in regards to any polaris since 2010

At the same time Polaris brags that the Matryx corners flatter, similar to the Arctic Cats.  They're all trying to steal each others business.  That's the whole point of competition.  None of them are hypocrites, and it wouldn't make any difference if they were.

Edited by p51mstg

6 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

At the same time Polaris brags that the Matryx corners flatter, similar to the Arctic Cats.  They're all trying to steal each others business.  That's the whole point of competition.  None of them are hypocrites, and it wouldn't make any difference if they were.

Haven't seen any poo owner ever say flat cornering was bad or stupid.   Have seen a few cat diehards bag on poo for having a playful chassis that can lift skis by leaning back or corner flat by leaning forward tho....you know, by moving your body around and In turn influencing the sleds manners.

55 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

ALL-NEW 129-INCH SLIDE-ACTION REAR SUSPENSION (ZR)

This next generation SLIDE-ACTION suspension design dials up the fun factor at any winter playground! Lightweight, playful and robust, this uncoupled suspension utilizes the long front arm from ZR race models and is designed to transfer weight – Due to the perfect balance of the CATALYST platform, the ride becomes fully influenced by the rider’s position – Rip a windblown ditch line with confidence, rail a trail corner by leaning forward and shift your weight rearward to loft the skis exiting it. A 3-wheel rear axle is standard and available with choice of IFP gas shocks or ATAC adjust on-the-fly packages 

https://www.arcticinsider.com/inside-look-2024-arctic-cat-snowmobiles-catalyst-suspensions/

Sounds like what Polaris has been saying for a while....

• Confused 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

ALL-NEW 129-INCH SLIDE-ACTION REAR SUSPENSION (ZR)

This next generation SLIDE-ACTION suspension design dials up the fun factor at any winter playground! Lightweight, playful and robust, this uncoupled suspension utilizes the long front arm from ZR race models and is designed to transfer weight – Due to the perfect balance of the CATALYST platform, the ride becomes fully influenced by the rider’s position – Rip a windblown ditch line with confidence, rail a trail corner by leaning forward and shift your weight rearward to loft the skis exiting it. A 3-wheel rear axle is standard and available with choice of IFP gas shocks or ATAC adjust on-the-fly packages 

https://www.arcticinsider.com/inside-look-2024-arctic-cat-snowmobiles-catalyst-suspensions/

Sounds like what Polaris has been saying for a while....

Except that Polaris has a hell of a time keeping the inside ski down on a turn. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

and you know this from... riding them?   buddy had an Axys Assault, it trail rode amazingly well and it's primary function isn't as a groomed trail sled.  IDK how you're going to deal with this new chassis they didn't need because the Procross was flawless, last year according to some. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Wrong, and at the speeds you travel I don't think you would ever experience it anyway.

I will say it will be interesting if the catalyst can live up to the hype on FS. Cuz man it's like the second coming of christ for some of you.