2024 Sleds... what's coming

46 minutes ago, krom said:

I'm pretty sure he is such a fucking moron, he doesn't realize that his salary, and plenty of other data is public. Places like the county website and https://govsalaries.com  publish that info for every employee

While it may be public researching a members personal life to share on here is not allowed, just a fyi :thumb:

19 minutes ago, HSR said:

While it may be public researching a members personal life to share on here is not allowed, just a fyi :thumb:

Tried to make sure I followed all the rules with that link

1 hour ago, krom said:

@ZR6000RR is a moron, who doesn't even understand the word "all".

If it wasn't for nepotism, he would never have gotten a job holding a stop sign.

I'm pretty sure he is such a fucking moron, he doesn't realize that his salary, and plenty of other data is public. Places like the county website and https://govsalaries.com  publish that info for every employee

that's the funny thing, I could care less what he or anyone here does for a living, what they make, how they dress or what they drive or ride.  character, more importantly is easily judged by ones commentary, actions and words.  the vast majority of what the character we're discussing is primarily insulting, foul and derogatory towards nearly everyone on the site.  my grandfather used to frequently say... judge a man by the quality of his character first and foremost because everything beyond that is just superficial bullshit. 

So anyway, we going to see a blue Catalyst next week?  :roflcrying:

• Like 2

Rode the blue! Awesome job by Cat! Feather light and pulls like a much larger engine. Very quiet. Seating position is spot on. Color is much better in person. This one is the 137. Quite playful.

0303231237_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Feather light and pulls like a much larger engine.

How many HP does it feel like :dunno: How much larger of an engine? Pull like a 650 ?

1 hour ago, HSR said:

How many HP does it feel like :dunno: How much larger of an engine? Pull like a 650 ?

I would say so, yes.  Anybody see the video on YouTube of the guys who raced a Boost -vs- 850 -vs - 650?  It was closer than I expected.  I forgot who posted that, if I can find it I'll post it.

Not scientifically proven, on a closed course, professional riders, do not try this at home.  But, that 650 held its own far better than I thought it could.  That's what it FEELS like riding a Catalyst.

Again, NOBODY pretends a 600 is going to keep up with an 850 turbo or a 9R.  Nobody.  Anybody making that claim is just trying to provoke a certain member of the forum.  But, it kind of surprises people what the 600 can do in the new platform, and that's why you see claims about it being stronger than last year's 600.

The lower center of gravity, moving everything toward the center and the light weight are what make the Catalyst a good sled, not the engine.

Somehow, I need to wiggle my way into riding the "big bore" Catalyst next spring.  I'm not sure how I'm going to do that yet.  A big engine in the Catalyst should absolutely change how people see the time-space continuum.  NASA will be able to use it to train astronauts.  Elon will be able to use it to research travel to Mars.  Reversing global warming will be possible.  We can use a Catalyst as a centrifuge to finally make nuclear fusion a reality.

Edited by p51mstg
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I would say so, yes.  Anybody see the video on YouTube of the guys who raced a Boost -vs- 850 -vs - 650?  It was closer than I expected.  I forgot who posted that, if I can find it I'll post it.

Not scientifically proven, on a closed course, professional riders, do not try this at home.  But, that 650 held its own far better than I thought it could.  That's what it FEELS like riding a Catalyst.

Again, NOBODY pretends a 600 is going to keep up with an 850 turbo or a 9R.  Nobody.  Anybody making that claim is just trying to provoke a certain member of the forum.  But, it kind of surprises people what the 600 can do in the new platform, and that's why you see claims about it being stronger than last year's 600.

The lower center of gravity, moving everything toward the center and the light weight are what make the Catalyst a good sled, not the engine.

Somehow, I need to wiggle my way into riding the "big bore" Catalyst next spring.  I'm not sure how I'm going to do that yet.  A big engine in the Catalyst should absolutely change how people see the time-space continuum.  NASA will be able to use it to train astronauts.  Elon will be able to use it to research travel to Mars.  Reversing global warming will be possible.  We can use a Catalyst as a centrifuge to finally make nuclear fusion a reality.

Ok I don't consider 50cc "a much larger engine" :thumb: He was making it sound like a 'possible' 130hp sled felt like a 150+hp sled which I wouldn't buy into. I'm sure the Catalyst will have it's hands full with the Poo 650.

Nothing I've read screams lightweight to me other than comparing it to other Cats.

Bold: :lol:

2 hours ago, HSR said:

More than my 22. Mid range seemed way stronger. I am guessing here, but between the weight loss and the belt drive is the biggest factor. Isn't the 800 crank lighter? If it did not say 600 on the side, I would say F7 like. Will be riding it again on Sunday along with the base model Riot.

12 minutes ago, HSR said:

Ok I don't consider 50cc "a much larger engine" :thumb: He was making it sound like a 'possible' 130hp sled felt like a 150+hp sled which I wouldn't buy into. I'm sure the Catalyst will have it's hands full with the Poo 650.

Nothing I've read screams lightweight to me other than comparing it to other Cats.

It is very light. Back end feels 50 lbs lighter alone. Very easy to tip on its side. 5 miles is not enough time. Feels way stronger than my 125 up RR. 

44 minutes ago, HSR said:

to me much larger would mean 800-850 "class" (I hate that stupid marketing phrase....)

@jdskykeeps making the same stupid weight claims..

Weight wise from the 2021 shootout:

a thunder winder with atac, and eps is 30 lbs more than the mach

Doo 850 rene x was 550 lbs, Cat 800 RR with electric start 558.

Doo 600R rene x was 532 cat 600 was 550

You can make all the claims you want, but in '22 an 800 cat was basically the same weight as the doo 850 (RR has a lot more chassis structure/bracing and heavier shocks than a rene x assuming the rene had electric start, if not the cat would be lighter when comparing apples to apples)

For real world weight, 10% lighter than the procross puts a catalyst 600 at 445 lbs full of fluids and 5 gal of gas on board.

If you want dry weight of the catalyst 600, take the dry weight of the 850 doo they ran in the shootout, subtract 10% and there you are.

I'll be on a few next weekend, (not sure if I'll bother drag racing, or filming it because I only have a hour or so each day to ride when they're not doing consumer rides)

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, krom said:

to me much larger would mean 800-850 "class" (I hate that stupid marketing phrase....)

@jdskykeeps making the same stupid weight claims..

Weight wise from the 2021 shootout:

a thunder winder with atac, and eps is 30 lbs more than the mach

Doo 850 rene x was 550 lbs, Cat 800 RR with electric start 558.

Doo 600R rene x was 532 cat 600 was 550

You can make all the claims you want, but in '22 an 800 cat was basically the same weight as the doo 850 (RR has a lot more chassis structure/bracing and heavier shocks than a rene x assuming the rene had electric start, if not the cat would be lighter when comparing apples to apples)

For real world weight, 10% lighter than the procross puts a catalyst 600 at 445 lbs full of fluids and 5 gal of gas on board.

If you want dry weight of the catalyst 600, take the dry weight of the 850 doo they ran in the shootout, subtract 10% and there you are.

I'll be on a few next weekend, (not sure if I'll bother drag racing, or filming it because I only have a hour or so each day to ride when they're not doing consumer rides)

Put it on a scale on your test ride settle this weight argument.

19 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Forgot to mention. Plenty of foot room for my super wide military rubber boots. Inches to spare and then some.

You are a very little "man", good assumption you have small feet.  Based on your insecurities and idiocy obviously you have a lack of manhood as well.

5 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I think that would be outstanding to see Yamaha get a 4S version of the Catalyst.  Seems like a big ask, though.

heck, I'd like to see them get a 600 version... we have a good Yamaha dealer nearby.  no close Cat dealers any longer.  would also be fun to see Yamaha back in SX too.  :lolz:

9 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I think that would be outstanding to see Yamaha get a 4S version of the Catalyst.  Seems like a big ask, though.

The tube steel 1 piece bulkhead will make it cheap and easy to change the chassis and even front suspension geometry.

Body plastic  otoh is much more expensive to tool up.

You will see 4 strokes in a new chassis, but who will build them is the question.  Will they keep paying yami for engines, or will textron prefer to use their basically new state of the art engine plant that is only a working at a fraction of capacity?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, krom said:

You will see 4 strokes in a new chassis, but who will build them is the question.  Will they keep paying yami for engines, or will textron prefer to use their basically new state of the art engine plant that is only a working at a fraction of capacity?

What?  You mentioned the Yamaha marriage was strong and the two were staying together.  Now Cat may be going thru another divorce with an engine supplier.  Say it isn't so 🤣

21 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Rode the blue! Awesome job by Cat! Feather light and pulls like a much larger engine. Very quiet. Seating position is spot on. Color is much better in person. This one is the 137. Quite playful.

0303231237_HDR.jpg

Did it ride smoother then your 22? Were you able to lift the skies for 1000 ft before letting off?

3 hours ago, Doug said:

What?  You mentioned the Yamaha marriage was strong and the two were staying together.  Now Cat may be going thru another divorce with an engine supplier.  Say it isn't so 🤣

WTF!!  you purpously mixing me up with nepotism jim wit.  I don't deserve that, its not like I killed your dog, and banged your old lady

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

WTF!!  you purpously mixing me up with nepotism jim wit.  I don't deserve that, its not like I killed your dog, and banged your old lady

Thought you two were brothers on the same team?