Check your account email address ×

New Tech From Cat 2024

This fucking retard reminds me of the kid on hcs back in the day that argued for days that 600s were quicker through the tight trails because of the added gyroscopic effect of the 800s extra rotating mass :lol: 

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This fucking retard reminds me of the kid on hcs back in the day that argued for days that 600s were quicker through the tight trails because of the added gyroscopic effect of the 800s extra rotating mass :lol: 

lug flick... ;)

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Chassis wise they will catch up in 2024. Lets not pretend this is a "new concept", Polaris and Skidoo have had this chassis out for a decade. But lets be honest, this is a green 2017 skidoo with less tech. 

The G4 is front end heavy, this Catalyst isnt even close to being like anything Doo has made, its much better. Also Doos "Tech" is just a GPS unit in the dash, as an IT tech, its a cheap $100 mass produced touchscreen with GPS, something thats been out for years.

Lets be honest huh? Your comment is just whimpering and insecure denial,  The only thing thats been out a decade is Poos chassis, and Doos aging G4/G5 chassis is going on 7 years old. They havent caught up, theyve blown past.

Edited by stinkipinki

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

The G4 is front end heavy, this Catalyst isnt even close to being like anything Doo has made, its much better. Also Doos "Tech" is just a GPS unit in the dash, as an IT tech, its a cheap $100 mass produced touchscreen with GPS, something thats been out for years.

And it drives heavy in the woods. 

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Cat tards are funny.  The Poo is 7 years old, the g5 a G4 so the Catalyst is the cats meow.  Derrr, guess what they copied???

Nothing.

It would be stupid to copy a front end heavy 7 year old chassis. Also, Poo is 8 years old, going on 9.

Edited by stinkipinki

13 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Lets be honest huh? Your comment is just whimpering and insecure denial,  The only thing thats been out a decade is Poos chassis, and Doos aging G4/G5 chassis is going on 7 years old. They havent caught up, theyve blown past.

Skidoo tech is the etec which is still the industry benchmark. And skidoo invented the centralized mass chassis. Everyone else has been trying to put their spin on it since. In fact cat lost a law suit against brp because they got too close.  And everyone who isn't a hack can see this is their next "version" of a modern skidoo. 

IMG_20221114_190554347.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

fuck the tech, fuck e-start, fuck fit and finish and fuck watered down people pleasers... Cat used to focus on performance first and foremost, that's what the Cat diehards want.... imo

Well nice thought but the average age of new snowmobile buyers is in the low 50's.   Yes performance is huge but so are creature comforts.   Just the way the market has shifted. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well nice thought but the average age of new snowmobile buyers is in the low 50's.   Yes performance is huge but so are creature comforts.   Just the way the market has shifted. 

Yep and younger riders want to shred and launch so they buy Freerides and Khaos.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

"Fuck fit and finish"

What kind of moron doesnt want a quality product? :lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

"Fuck fit and finish"

What kind of moron doesnt want a quality product? :lol:

Back in 99 I bought a 98 ZRT800 from the local dealer…it was the owners sled…nice guy. Anyhow it was in our shop and I had to lift the front end so I grabbed the front bumper and gave her a go…sure as shit the sled stayed on the ground and I was left standing with the bumper in my hand.😂😂

I also had a 99 SRX 700 at the time and the difference in fit and finish was night and day…it matters.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

Skidoo tech is the etec which is still the industry benchmark. And skidoo invented the centralized mass chassis. Everyone else has been trying to put their spin on it since. In fact cat lost a law suit against brp because they got too close.  And everyone who isn't a hack can see this is their next "version" of a modern skidoo. 

Reality is there really isn't huge changes that can be made to snowmobile design now that everyone has rider forward chassis'.  People get all bent out of shape over mfg's calling chassis tweak's a new chassis but what do they really expect?  Every 3-5 years scrapping a design and tooling for a ground up new chassis that really doesn't change dramatically anything about the sled. :lmao: Snowmobiles are what they are and revolutionary changes simply aren't going to happen with regards to how someone sits/rides/drives a sled ;and with that how the chassis is built.

Hell ATV's have been virtually unchanged going back 35 years.  UTV's 25-30 years and not a whole lot has changed regarding the basic layout of the chassis.  Motorcycles probably even longer.     

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Back in 99 I bought a 98 ZRT800 from the local dealer…it was the owners sled…nice guy. Anyhow it was in our shop and I had to lift the front end so I grabbed the front bumper and gave her a go…sure as shit the sled stayed on the ground and I was left standing with the bumper in my hand.😂😂

I also had a 99 SRX 700 at the time and the difference in fit and finish was night and day…it matters.

:lol:

Right. Fit and finish is like my main concern. I dont want a cobbled together POS esp for $15k 

Polaris could learn a thing or two regarding that from Ski Doo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

:lol:

Right. Fit and finish is like my main concern. I dont want a cobbled together POS esp for $15k 

Polaris could learn a thing or two regarding that from Ski Doo. 

My 21 SB Assault was pretty tight…panels fit well and were simple to remove and put back on. I haven’t been around a newer Doo but they certainly seem to be well built.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cat waited for the patent to expire so they could do a better job at copying and assembling the triangles.  Poo just bit the bullet years ago and paid up which was a good strategy that has led to market share gains.  It's why all this talk of the catalyst being somehow an all new idea or ground breaking and the competition is now old and dated is just nonsense. 

The real world handling differences will be minor at best and rMotion is still the best rear suspension in the game.  I hope cat can now catch up in the engine department.  Just based on how long the last 800 took to develop, bring to market and refine who knows how long that is going to take.  Obviously long enough that the new chassis is only available with the 600. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Nothing about SkiDoo is an industry benchmark, been like that for decades. Outside of the R-Motion, Doo are good at everything, great at nothing. They don't have the best handling sled, they dont make the most reliable sled, they dont have the fastest sled, they don't have the best mountain sled. Its a decent all around machine with average performance and features, and a massive following as they are based in a snowmobiling Country, Canada.

The Cat looks nothing like the Doo from any angle.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Cat waited for the patent to expire so they could do a better job at copying and assembling the triangles.  

The real world handling differences will be minor at best and rMotion is still the best rear suspension in the game.  

Cat never copied Doo, the Pyramid design wasn't something they took or copied from anyone, it happened to be similar...in the same way both machines have two skis and a track...Doo going to patent that next?

As far as handling Catalyst will be much better then the front heavy Doo. Stop talking like Doo is some benchmark, outside of their solid rmotion they aint the benchmark for dick.