Check your account email address ×

New Tech From Cat 2024

• Platinum Contributing Member

Jump from page 1 to the end with how quickly it turned into moron's calling each other names.   WTF.  Could you guys be adults for once?

Really bad Cat not upgrading their gauge package with this sled release.   Come on Cat you have to do better. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Jump from page 1 to the end with how quickly it turned into moron's calling each other names.   WTF.  Could you guys be adults for once?

Really bad Cat not upgrading their gauge package with this sled release.   Come on Cat you have to do better. 

Agreed and hopefully they come in at a lower price point than Doo and Polaris.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EvilBird said:

You answered it kinda sorta....

My point is the fact YOU don't think New sleds need GPS. 

You most likely will never buy a new sled again. Despite how many new sleds you boight in the past. You are no longer the consumer Cat needs if they want to grow. 

Am I right ? Or am I right? 

Jesus your fuckin stupid.I tried being sensible here.

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Thats being sensible? Hey MC you're. :lmao:

I bet I am right tho. You most likely wont buy a new Cat anytime soon. I possibly would if they build a home run. And guess what? I want a GPS gauge. Not some add on Garmin which I already have on my current sled. 

Try to have a nice day. Sled talk shouldn't make you angry.  :good:

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

See below. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not sure. Not many Polaris here. 2018, 19 probably.1500 miles give or take. Why do the Polaris sleds fowl plugs like it is Easter egg hunt Sumday? Last Cat I had that happen was a 1994.

Gee wonder why I have never fouled a Plug on any of my Polaris's. 

Not my '02 600, '07 600, 15' 800 or my current '17 800. 

Even my Wife puttin around on the 07 600 they dont foul, same plugs since last year. Guess I am one of the lucky ones . :lmao:

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Even my Wife puttin around on the 07 600 they dont foul, same plugs since last year. Guess I am one of the lucky ones . :lmao:

You are a rare bird then. I have seen numerous 2020- present Polaris with this issue. You would think a company as big as Polaris is would have gotten past the 1970-80's issue. 

14 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Thats being sensible? Hey MC you're. :lmao:

I bet I am right tho. You most likely wont buy a new Cat anytime soon. I possibly would if they build a home run. And guess what? I want a GPS gauge. Not some add on Garmin which I already have on my current sled. 

Try to have a nice day. Sled talk shouldn't make you angry.  :good:

See below. :lol:

I posted my honest opinion and out of all the opinions you chose mine to respond like an asshole to.

Your a childish dipshit.

• Gold Member
Just now, ZR6000RR said:

You are a rare bird then. I have seen numerous 2020- present Polaris with this issue. You would think a company as big as Polaris is would have gotten past the 1970-80's issue. 

To be fair I have heard of some people fouling plugs on HCS from newer Poos. But havent experienced it myself. 

But I have to wonder what Gas they run, what oil, are they gapped correctly, how do they ride etc. 

If they let the thing idle until it overheats like the morons parked next to me on Sunday with a couple Doos guess I am not surprised. 

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Interesting considering you also told us that EVERYONE near you rides a Cat.  Of course you make up shit to fit your agenda so no fucking surprise.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Agreed and hopefully they come in at a lower price point than Doo and Polaris.

I think they need multiple price points. Their gauge is good for a base gauge.  But they need a premium one too. I thought they did great in 2020 with their really low snow check prices. That’s why I bought one and I loved that sled. I’ve had two new cats and both were actually really good machines. I’d totally give them another shot 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ACE said:

I think they need multiple price points. Their gauge is good for a base gauge.  But they need a premium one too. I thought they did great in 2020 with their really low snow check prices. That’s why I bought one and I loved that sled. I’ve had two new cats and both were actually really good machines. I’d totally give them another shot 

I would definitely buy a 600 RXC w/ a base gauge for the right price..a 600 would do just fine on the trails around here.

52 minutes ago, ACE said:

I really think this is what cat needs to do is make it the cheapest way to get into the sport. If they can undercut Poo and Doo by a few grand it may draw some people back. Then introduce a premium line-up once they pull some market share back.

I think they should build a cheap base sled like you're talking but have 3 or 4 options for shocks, skis, windshields, tracks and gauges etc. Truly custom build your sled for snow check only. I'd buy a full width riot with premium fox shocks w dsc adjusters, tall windshield, mohawk skis,  1.75  track, fancy gps gauge 

• Like 1

As fucking late to the game as they are they need to be the price leader.  The last attempt was just bullshit.  They stripped the warranties and then gave the impression the prices were good.  This was spring of 19' when I ordered.  Found a cat dealer (both of mine had dropped the brand years ago) and priced out the thunderchicken.  It was $13.5K with no warranty and after test riding the yamacat decided to spend another $750 to order the Doo.  

Textron needs to blow these 600's out the door cheap and with warranties if they want to gain any traction.  If these are the same price as the competition's 600's nobody other than dumstad diehards will give a shit about them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Well, it's another snowmobile thread in the retard forum. 

What did you expect?  :dunno:

23 minutes ago, jdsky said:

As fucking late to the game as they are they need to be the price leader.  The last attempt was just bullshit.  They stripped the warranties and then gave the impression the prices were good.  This was spring of 19' when I ordered.  Found a cat dealer (both of mine had dropped the brand years ago) and priced out the thunderchicken.  It was $13.5K with no warranty and after test riding the yamacat decided to spend another $750 to order the Doo.  

Textron needs to blow these 600's out the door cheap and with warranties if they want to gain any traction.  If these are the same price as the competition's 600's nobody other than dumstad diehards will give a shit about them.

Unless its a superior handling and driving machine. Its already creating huge buzz and rumor is lots of folks are pre-ordering, and I can see why. Polaris is old news now and other then the boost, havent made a new or exciting sled since 15 (Matryx not a new chassis, niether is the G5), and the G4 is 7 years old.

If you come out with something all the time, its rarely groundbreaking. Polaris and Doo are much larger but not due to sleds, had either company only sold sleds from 2000 to 2015 they would both be bankrupt. 

Cat still has big pull in the sled market, and if Catalyst is a hit, they'll be just fine. If they get over 1/3 share again like they did with the Firecats its a huge embarrasing blow to Poo and Doo with much bigger wallets, thanks to 4X4 vehicle sales.

27 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Unless its a superior handling and driving machine. Its already creating huge buzz and rumor is lots of folks are pre-ordering, and I can see why. Polaris is old news now and other then the boost, havent made a new or exciting sled since 15 (Matryx not a new chassis, niether is the G5), and the G4 is 7 years old.

If you come out with something all the time, its rarely groundbreaking. Polaris and Doo are much larger but not due to sleds, had either company only sold sleds from 2000 to 2015 they would both be bankrupt. 

Cat still has big pull in the sled market, and if Catalyst is a hit, they'll be just fine. If they get over 1/3 share again like they did with the Firecats its a huge embarrasing blow to Poo and Doo with much bigger wallets, thanks to 4X4 vehicle sales.

Gaining over 20% isn't going to happen. I see more Yamahas than I do Arctic Cats. They are the same chassis. If Yamaha had it's own chassis you'd see even less Arctic Cats. 

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Gaining over 20% isn't going to happen. I see more Yamahas than I do Arctic Cats. They are the same chassis. If Yamaha had it's own chassis you'd see even less Arctic Cats. 

Well Cat was making 2-3 mistakes at once...unproven 800, when the competition has 850s, on a 10 year old chassis.

If i was in the market for a Cat id want a Zuke 800 or 998. Cat has now corrected 2 out of those 3 mistakes. New chassis, bigger then an 800. Now, what will the big bore be, will it have an optional turbo and what power will it make? I think Cat can pull this off, their CTEC 600 is a good, reliable motor.

4 hours ago, EvilBird said:

BR9EYA plugs in all the things 

33 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

100% agree it's creating a huge buzz - with cat diehards that have been forced to ride ancient sleds for a decade or more because they won't consider anything else.  We have one of them left in the group and you bet he's excited that he can finally upgrade his 2007.

This chassis is a catch up, it's not a gamechanger and to top it off it only appeals to a small segment within a small segment of riders that want a 600 cat.

As for how it compares to Poo this is what I am waiting for.  That diehard Poo rider that has a few thousand clicks under his belt on a 650 hop on a catalyst and provide an impression.  Let's hear one of those guys blowing about how much of a gamechanger this sled is..... 

• Haha 1