Check your account email address ×

New Tech From Cat 2024

42 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Back on topic:  The new gauge is a step in the right direction (I'm talking about the new for 2024 gauge that Cat keeps trying to sneak into photos and video, but people keep pretending they don't see). 

If I were Heidi, I would not want to compete directly with Ski Doo and Polaris on the display front.  There's no way Arctic Cat can get anywhere close to the fancy pants displays with their obviously lower R&D budget.

A better strategy for Cat is to partner with a big GPS name and develop their own gauge.  Let the big name license it to others in motorsports to recoup the cost of development.  Meanwhile, it costs Cat a fraction and allows them to have something worthy of the market.  The Tread, in my opinion, is a stopgap solution until an integrated display can be developed.

This is where I think they're headed and partnering with Garmin makes perfect sense.  The instrument panel on the Catalyst is much bigger than the new gauge and is nice and flat - perfect for a much larger display.  They didn't tell me anything, all I'm doing is guessing, based on what I saw.

In aviation, manufacturers don't put their own branded gauges in new airplanes.  That's not the question you ask when you buy one.  You don't need to ask who made it, all you need to do is ask which model it is.

What size is that new Base Gauge ? Is it easier to read then the Deluxe one?

7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Where you stock when you started having issues? I'm running a aftermarket turbo and have no problems. Mines a Yamaha drive train though.

I wasn't but my brothers was.  Even that plate  that connected the secondary to the motor cracked on both of ours, sheared off secondary bolts., belts every weekened, etc..  I know they kept improving them, and my brothers 14 cat was way better.  I moved onto a Freeride by that point.  I just doubt I'd trust a first year cat, maybe a first year Yamaha.  :lol: 

19 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I agree, Polaris is too far ahead.  Our General has the first gen Ride Command and it's practically a work of art, I love that thing.  The 7S looks awesome, we were drooling over that at Hay Days this year.  There's no way for Arctic Cat to spend a fraction of the money (which is what they would do, let's face it) and make a respectable run at competing against that. 

Even BRP is playing catchup to Polaris.  To me, Polaris owns that part of the business.  The only way out is to not compete directly.  The only way to do that is partner with someone.  If it's not Garmin, then I'd give Polaris a call and see how much it would take to license the 7S from them.  A Polaris display in the Catalyst is better than not doing anything, in my opinion.

some Cat riders have been using the NS1 gauge since black and white tv's were common... why Textron chose to f around with Garmin is likely due to one of two things if not both... price and aviation connection.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

26 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

No

It did and that is why one for sure burnt down. BRP checked it over in fact. Would not warranty though. Not surprising. Insurance is going after them though. Good friends wife's sled. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

some Cat riders have been using the NS1 gauge since black and white tv's were commin... why Textron chose to f around with Garmin is likely due to one of two things if not both... price and aviation connection.

And Garmin is the pride of GPS. Best out there. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I wasn't but my brothers was.  Even that plate  that connected the secondary to the motor cracked on both of ours, sheared off secondary bolts., belts every weekened, etc..  I know they kept improving them, and my brothers 14 cat was way better.  I moved onto a Freeride by that point.  I just doubt I'd trust a first year cat, maybe a first year Yamaha.  :lol: 

Dang.

😞

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Coming from a guy who probably has never heard of indoor plumbing? Btw, you have to add maps to next. Nothing wrong with it, but the wiring looks like shit hanging all over the place. Garmin looks factory.

Edited by ZR6000RR

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Sure you do! Dumb Fuck!

you are literally, mind numbingly stupid... as you've proven by getting kicked off every meaningful forum out there.

maybe try changing your game and use the noodle before the fingers?  :dunno:

use-brain-brain-use.gif

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you are literally, mind numbingly stupid... as you've proven by getting kicked off every meaningful forum out there.

maybe try changing your game and use the noodle before the fingers?  :dunno:

use-brain-brain-use.gif

Oh, fuck off. I don't remember you being elected forum boss? Eat shit mother Fucker! You follow me around like a puppy. Here and insider. Grow a pair and do something constructive for once in your pathetic life ass hat! 

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Oh, fuck off. I don't remember you being elected forum boss? Eat shit mother Fucker! You follow me around like a puppy. Here and insider. Grow a pair and do something constructive for once in your pathetic life ass hat! 

do I ?  

good lord the absurdity... :roflcrying:

• Haha 1

Just now, Cat45 said:

2 guys riding kids sleds trying to act like they're big!

What do you consider a kids sled? I am not hiding my short comings behind a sled I will never use to full potential like you now. 

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

fair enough, you have plenty of loyal fans out there to amuse...:lol2:

At least I have fans. Really weird you all follow me. You? I get. A puppy. Others? Jealousy is my bestest guess.

Edited by ZR6000RR

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

What do you consider a kids sled? I am not hiding my short comings behind a sled I will never use to full potential like you now. 

It's a joke not a dick don't take it so hard lol. I know all about the little sleds. Back in the 90s i used to embarrass the big sleds on my little 440 snopro. 

16 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Yeah we only have one boss around here  :lol: