Check your account email address ×

New Tech From Cat 2024

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Well, it's another snowmobile thread in the retard forum. 

What did you expect?  :dunno:

Here we go. 9_9

You gonna say anything about the "tech" or just cry and double post like a moron ? 

9336A80C-26D5-4856-A60D-B973569FCB11.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I would definitely buy a 600 RXC w/ a base gauge for the right price..a 600 would do just fine on the trails around here.

I rode the 600 axys a bit on some twisty trails and while it keeps up fine it’s just not nearly as fun as having more power on tap. The 850s are just as reliable , get better mileage if ridden at 600 pace and are $1000 more and have way way better resale. There is absolutely zero reason for a grown man to ever buy a 600

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Well Cat was making 2-3 mistakes at once...unproven 800, when the competition has 850s, on a 10 year old chassis.

If i was in the market for a Cat id want a Zuke 800 or 998. Cat has now corrected 2 out of those 3 mistakes. New chassis, bigger then an 800. Now, what will the big bore be, will it have an optional turbo and what power will it make? I think Cat can pull this off, their CTEC 600 is a good, reliable motor.

998 is a Yamaha.

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I rode the 600 axys a bit on some twisty trails and while it keeps up fine it’s just not nearly as fun as having more power on tap. The 850s are just as reliable , get better mileage if ridden at 600 pace and are $1000 more and have way way better resale. There is absolutely zero reason for a grown man to ever buy a 600

I expected  this post…thank you for not disappointing.😂

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I expected  this post…thank you for not disappointing.😂

Is it just me, but is better to do the opposite of what that guy says?

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

Ben is right tho resale value and fun factor alone make the 800 worth it esp if you are an experienced rider. 

Personally I don't mind a 600-650 but I ride a lot of tight trails. That said I still probably wouldn't buy one over a 800-850 for reasons mentioned above. 

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Is it just me, but is better to do the opposite of what that guy says?

I rode 1100 miles with 2 - 60 something life long arctic cat guys last week. They are both bragging up the Catalyst and saying shit like 600 cc is enough anymore...

After running with 850's all week they have agreed that a 600 wont be enough LOL

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Ben is right tho resale value and fun factor alone make the 800 worth it esp if you are an experienced rider. 

Personally I don't mind a 600-650 but I ride a lot of tight trails. That said I still probably wouldn't buy one over a 800-850 for reasons mentioned above. 

Tight trails here as well and I want to give a Catalyst a try so a 600 it is…of course that could all change tomorrow or ten minutes from now.😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I'm not sure about that.  Looking at marketplace 600s are scooped up pretty quick that is if there's any for sale even. 800s and 850s are harder to sell. Personally I've always had an easier time selling my wife's 600s and lower cc sleds.

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I'm not sure about that.  Looking at marketplace 600s are scooped up pretty quick that is if there's any for sale even. 800s and 850s are harder to sell. Personally I've always had an easier time selling my wife's 600s and lower cc sleds.

Haven’t noticed that at all 

52 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This is complete garbage.
As someone who just came from a modified 800, then a 998, and now a 600, it really depends on where your riding. Near Tupper Lake the trails are tight and twisty and besides a few main trails, you aren't gaining anything with an 800 or 850. Some experienced riders can keep up, if not outrun you on their 600.

Now I'm not saying there isn't a reason to get a bigger machine, but to say there is absolute zero reason to get a 600 is common redneck snowmobile insecure garbage. 

However in my area we have places like Canada and Tug Hill, where a bigger machine can really stretch its legs, which is why I am going to pickup a 137/141 Winder. I'll have the best of both worlds.

Just now, stinkipinki said:

This is complete garbage.
As someone who just came from a modified 800, then a 998, and now a 600, it really depends on where your riding. Near Tupper Lake the trails are tight and twisty and besides a few main trails, you aren't gaining anything with an 800 or 850. Some experienced riders can keep up, if not outrun you on their 600.

Now I'm not saying there isn't a reason to get a bigger machine, but to say there is absolute zero reason to get a 600 is common redneck snowmobile insecure garbage. 

However in my area we have places like Canada and Tug Hill, where a bigger machine can really stretch its legs, which is why I am going to pickup a 137/141 Winder. I'll have the best of both worlds.

You are a fucking retard , squeezing on an 850 even for 100’ is 1000x more fun than some lame ass 600cc bitch sled

1 hour ago, Anler said:

New tech from Arctic Cat!

A garmin GPS! 

:lol:

AG lost his 1400 buck Garmin GPS this weekend.   Oooofff.

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

600s are a great second sled.  900 ACEs are an even better second sled for where we ride.  :snack:  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just saw this after reading your post….

So we had an experience on Sunday afternoon, 2021 skidoo burnt up. Fortunately we were literally at cut river road and the trail to the inn and store. 
Coming to a stop we all noticed a strong fuel smell and our friend's doo was smoldering already. We pull pto panel and there were flames,he was pull his phone and bags off while I was trying to fill it with snow. I jumped on my sled and went in and grabbed an extinguisher from the cut river store. They called the fire station and I raced back to find it engulfed in flames. 
I hit it with a tiny extinguisher which helped but kept tossing snow on .
It's a total loss  but not a puddle of goo,plenty of good parts yet. Bad end to a good weekend of riding,this was Sunday about 11am

FEA84ACC-F3C3-4846-B413-DCF16251245E.thumb.jpeg.33871127c103660052e0236de13d22da.jpegE7C6A92F-2182-4176-A9E6-9596DB187093.thumb.jpeg.2b86ba1ca2ca719c60faf8c708ce335f.jpegA0A68B26-4EE3-4F2A-9779-1B2363AA5B7F.thumb.jpeg.5539034f76c889ea647bd068b81517f9.jpeg6247C222-A69F-4C75-85F8-2CBAD2C946A2.thumb.jpeg.4e9969e6baab4ddf75efa3d8a040896d.jpeg

Why would anyone try and put that fire out? Just let that pile of shit burn and collect the insurance money and put it toward an all new catalyst!!!!!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

However in my area we have places like Canada and Tug Hill,

In your area,,, Canada you say :lol: sorry but that made me fucking laugh.

Not all trails in Canada are fast and straight :thumb:

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

In your area,,, Canada you say :lol: sorry but that made me fucking laugh.

Not all trails in Canada are fast and straight :thumb:

Canada is visible out my window and Tug Hill is about an hour away.
I have techinically rode in Canada as the river froze over a few years ago, but the main trails near Ottawa and some of the lodges you can stay at look good.

1 hour ago, wrinkly balls said:

Why would anyone try and put that fire out? Just let that pile of shit burn and collect the insurance money and put it toward an all new catalyst!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing ... let that thing burn instead of becoming part of the blaze when it blows up!  Craziness!

As far as the 600 vs. 800/850 talk goes, I'm in rare agreement with Ben.  Yes, the 600's (or in my case last year, a 650) is fantastic in the tight and twisty stuff.  But over half of the Northwoods riding is NOT tight & twisty ... it's forest roads, straight stretches, ditches with nice approaches in them, and lakes.  The 600/650 is not the same thing, and gets boring pretty quick.  I guess, maybe if you weight 140 pounds, it might still scratch the itch.  But no way, no how, does the 600/650 fill the void of the 800/850 class sleds.  That lesson was an expensive one for me to learn from last season to this season.  And for those that don't realize it yet, it's an 800 market now (been that way for years), or bigger powered sleds.  The 600's are nowhere near as relevant as they were 10 years ago.  Just look at the parking lots full of sleds next time you're out there.

Cat is missing a huge opportunity with failing to put their 860/900 in the Catalyst for 2024.  Chassis-wise, they've finally caught up to BRP and Polaris but not having a 850 class sled, they're just continuing to die a slow death.  The reference to getting back to 1/3 market share is laughable, considering they have something like 11% right now.  And no @mnstang, I really don't care about market share numbers, but I know it drives you nuts so it's fun to reference :roflcrying:

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Tight trails here as well and I want to give a Catalyst a try so a 600 it is…of course that could all change tomorrow or ten minutes from now.😂

Same… and the trail version of a procross corners unreal flat. Really want to try a catalyst. But geez.. I have a hard time getting excited over a 600. Heck I have a hard time getting exited over an 800

I will say the last time I went out with the f3 600 and the trails were perfect, nobody could keep up. Heck I had the time to take my helmet off, get my phone out and take pics of everyone else trying to catch up

did I need more power? Maybe not. Did I want more power? Frig yes 

3053D1FF-6290-439C-90A7-DBFC6029A774.jpeg

• Like 2

Fact is todays riders are expecting more from sleds today and not just performance.   Tech is a big seller from engines to suspension to gauges to accessories.   I said it when Cat introduced the new sled it was a mistake not being ready to be equal to Poo in Doo in some of those other categories' and I still feel the same way.  They have had plenty of time to have a new big bore engine and gauge package ready.   Can you get the smart suspension on the new sled?   If so bravo to them if not they are just going backwards.  If sleds have 10 yr old power and tech then they should be closer to 10 yr old pricing.

Thing is about new tech is it might start off on upper end models but eventually it works it way down across the model lineup.  Besides the smart suspension what the last big thing Cat has produced?   Probably the 1100 Turbo.   That's not much in 14-15 years.     

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2