Check your account email address ×

New Tech From Cat 2024

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I wonder why cat doesnt just stick with the F chassis then? LOL

I hated the rev chassis being so tall.

, but it handled like it was on rails compared to anything else in 03. You could easily lighten up the ski pressure so it didn't feel so front heavy. Some of these comments show people don't know how to adjust suspensions.

Just now, stinkipinki said:

I ride a Polaris. It's the only sled I have left. Your opinions are just that. And they're wrong. Not sorry is that disturbs you.

:thumb:

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I hated the rev chassis being so tall.

, but it handled like it was on rails compared to anything else in 03. You could easily lighten up the ski pressure so it didn't feel so front heavy. Some of these comments show people don't know how to adjust suspensions.

I bought a 2006 renegade brand new and it was like I crossed over to a different dimension. I told all of my friends they dont want to ride it because they will want to drive their sled right into the lake, thats how good it was. LOL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I bought a 2006 renegade brand new and it was like I crossed over to a different dimension. I told all of my friends they dont want to ride it because they will want to drive their sled right into the lake, thats how good it was. LOL 

Man isn't that the truth.

:bc:

10 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I ride a Polaris. It's the only sled I have left. Your opinions are just that. And they're wrong. Not sorry is that disturbs you.

:thumb:

Yes a 2010. You must have put a lot of miles on the latest (2021+) offerings from Polaris and BRP and took the time to set them up for you right? I mean otherwise your claims are based on what you've heard/read and not even your opinion.

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yes a 2010. You must have put a lot of miles on the latest (2021+) offerings from Polaris and BRP and took the time to set them up for you right? I mean otherwise your claims are based on what you've heard/read and not even your opinion.

Drove a buddies VR1 850 137 a few rides last year.
Great sled, not the fastest, very good handling, still lifts the inside ski.

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Anler said:

Pretty much how I felt back in 2015, cus I went from a Edge chassis to my Axys Rush 800 :lol:

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

I did the same thing and you nailed it.

• Like 1

Rider forward is the best thing to happen to sleds in the history of snowmobiling.   

First one arguably wasn't the Rev it was the Yamaha SnoSport/Scoot.   Yeah, yeah not a full size sled but it made a kid sit like sleds do today. :news:

Kind of was always surprised Yammie or someone else didn't play with that in an adult size package in the mid/late 80's.   

download - 2023-02-15T141822.309.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Rider forward is the best thing to happen to sleds in the history of snowmobiling.   

First one arguably wasn't the Rev it was the Yamaha SnoSport/Scoot.   Yeah, yeah not a full size sled but it made a kid sit like sleds do today. :news:

Kind of was always surprised Yammie or someone else didn't play with that in an adult size package in the mid/late 80's.   

Ski-Doo is normally last when it comes to innovation and new technology but the REV in 2003 was a nice change for sure. It  wasn't an original idea it was just executed pretty well. The first few years of the REV had lots of quality and motor issues but by 05/06 they addressed most.

17 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Pretty much how I felt back in 2015, cus I went from a Edge chassis to my Axys Rush 800 :lol:

I had a similar experience going from my 2015 renegade to the 2018 assault. Most fun I've had on a snowmobile. Polaris knocked it out of the park with the axys chassis. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree and those were great little sleds. My buddy had a couple of those and we beat the fuck out of them when we were teenagers. I got my kids one years ago and sold it for more than I paid for it.

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Ski-Doo is normally last when it comes to innovation and new technology but the REV in 2003 was a nice change for sure. It  wasn't an original idea it was just executed pretty well. The first few years of the REV had lots of quality and motor issues but by 05/06 they addressed most.

Nobody has anything like etec brah. And never did

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Nobody has anything like etec brah. And never did

It's an okay engine. Not the best 800 made by a long shot, not the worst. Average.
Lots of detonation issues for years when they had to meet EPA compliance, atleast Doo gave up on the PowerTek all together and just focused on making the ETEC last 4000 miles before needing a topend.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

SkiDoo's reliability is average at best. Had it not been for Cat's fuckup the first few years with their CTEC 800, you could possibly claim Doo is the worst. The ETEC's had trouble for years and the PowerTeks are junkyard sleds.

800's have been notoriously unreliable but that has not stopped anyone from buying them over the past two decades.  Yes, cat's 800 was a fuckup of massive proportions and a poor attempt the only difference is it happened within the last few years.  Both Doo and Poo have figured it out years ago and their 800/850's have been reliable. 

My 05' 600 SDI was bullet proof.  All of my 600 ETEC's were bullet proof.  All of my 4 strokes have been bullet proof.  Hell my 600 zukes were all bullet proof except for a stator or two but those were zukes not ctecs. 

The first REV's were junk. They were tippy, nosed dived in corners and didn't fit large riders well. The 800's were also an issue for many years, complete junk sleds. It wasn't until the 600SDI engine and chassis tweaks they handled and drove worth a fuck. The Firecats handled just as good if not better, were much faster and much more reliable, out of the 03, which was fast as fuck, but like the first year REV, also had its share of issues.

They were so tippy and unreliable they transformed the sport and sold in the hundreds of thousands over the past 20 years.  All while cat has shrunk into nearly nonexistence and definitely into insignificance to the sport. 

The Firecats are great trail sleds. My 06 F7 EFI handled nearly as well as an 04 REV 800 H.O. my cousin had, but not quite as good as the Crossfire's.

The F7 is so good people are still buying them today and Doo and Poo have been relegated to 12% market share combined.

You can keep repeating this over and over, it has no truth to it. Your comment about suspensions is comical too, as Cat came out and had wish-bone suspensions on sleds years before Ski-Doo did in the late 90's. A 2010/2011 Twin Spar 800 HO 160HP Zuke will still handle nearly as good as anything Ski-Doo makes for trail riding. I liked my buddies 2011 Renegade but it lost to my Nytro XTX consistently in drag races and didnt handle trails as well as my Twin Spar.

Your high on Doo, I get it. I like BRP too, I own a Defender, but their is nothing special, or above average on thier sleds besides the r-motion skid.

Someone seems to be repeating over and over.  

• Like 3

It's an okay engine. Not the best 800 made by a long shot, not the worst. Average.
Lots of detonation issues for years when they had to meet EPA compliance, atleast Doo gave up on the PowerTek all together and just focused on making the ETEC last 4000 miles before needing a topend.

The major problem with the doo 800s were the crank bearings.

• Like 1

I will say though, the rumors on Cat's new mill are starting to pick up steam.
Obviously they already know what it will be, and are most likely in the last stages of testing/tuning.

My question is, when will they release that info?
I'd say probably late next year, around Dec/Jan.

45 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Dude you are out to lunch.  Doo dominates technology that has stood the test of time. 

Doo innovations whether they designed them or implemented them in sleds first.

To name a few in no particular order.

Rave Valves (every 2 stroke now has them)

Rotary Valves

Altitude compensating carbs.   Yes I realize Cat had EFI but also had a firm patent on it.

Rider Forward

First Mt. specific snowmobile (even though it was a piece of shit in deep snow)

T-motion and flex edge track.   (pushed Cat to the single rail)

Linq Q accessories (debatable if anyone has equalled it yet)

Engine reverse.   Again every single 2 stroke sled has it today.

Factory 2 stroke turbo

SDI (basically every 2 stroke has some version of it today)

Primary Clutch with external shift/RPM adjustments. (TRA)

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

The major problem with the doo 800s were the crank bearings.

I am not trying to slam any brand. I slam them all.  I like Doo but I don't sugarcoat shit.
One of my buddies was very upset to hear that Polaris's crank bearings still come from and say what on them? Made in Japan.

Edited by stinkipinki

I am not trying to slam any brand. I slam them all.
One of my buddies was very upset to hear that Polaris's crank bearings still come from and say what on them? Made in Japan.

Do you even know why ski doo had crank bearing issues?

19 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

I am not trying to slam any brand. I slam them all.  I like Doo but I don't sugarcoat shit.

Show's you have little clue.   Many of the best bearings are made by Japanese companies.  Bearings no different than many things are the spec they are designed to and the companies ability to meet them.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Could you share with us which 800 is the best ever made and explain to us why it is the best?