Check your account email address ×

New Tech From Cat 2024

26 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Cat never copied Doo, the Pyramid design wasn't something they took or copied from anyone, it happened to be similar...in the same way both machines have two skis and a track...Doo going to patent that next?

You're fucking high if you think the original rider forward Rev was not copied by cat and is still not the basis for the catalyst.  If the Rev was never brought to market there would be no such thing existing today.  Cat fucking bashed the Rev for years until they understood that most riders can figure out for themselves what is better.  The rest are just fucking brand blind.  

You are right that now all three brands are similar with tracks, ski's and triangular shaped chassis'......  Fuck it's amazing how blind some people still are. 

2 minutes ago, jdsky said:

You're fucking high if you think the original rider forward Rev was not copied by cat and is still not the basis for the catalyst.  If the Rev was never brought to market there would be no such thing existing today.  Cat fucking bashed the Rev for years until they understood that most riders can figure out for themselves what is better.  The rest are just fucking brand blind.  

You are right that now all three brands are similar with tracks, ski's and triangular shaped chassis'......  Fuck it's amazing how blind some people still are. 

Yup … skidoo punted cat and poo right in the cunt with the rev harder than any competing company has ever punted the competition. Just look at the f7/crossfire and IQ chassis sleds that were available during the rev and xp years. Man was doo miles ahead. Everything that is good about sledding is owed to the rev chassis 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Reality is there really isn't huge changes that can be made to snowmobile design now that everyone has rider forward chassis'.  People get all bent out of shape over mfg's calling chassis tweak's a new chassis but what do they really expect?  Every 3-5 years scrapping a design and tooling for a ground up new chassis that really doesn't change dramatically anything about the sled. :lmao: Snowmobiles are what they are and revolutionary changes simply aren't going to happen with regards to how someone sits/rides/drives a sled ;and with that how the chassis is built.

Hell ATV's have been virtually unchanged going back 35 years.  UTV's 25-30 years and not a whole lot has changed regarding the basic layout of the chassis.  Motorcycles probably even longer.     

Was kind of my point, there isnt very much difference between them including the suspensions. Cat is just now coming out with the most modern version chassis that has already been around for 10 years but without all of the other modern advancements the other 2 have had LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Nothing about SkiDoo is an industry benchmark, been like that for decades. Outside of the R-Motion, Doo are good at everything, great at nothing. They don't have the best handling sled, they dont make the most reliable sled, they dont have the fastest sled, they don't have the best mountain sled. Its a decent all around machine with average performance and features, and a massive following as they are based in a snowmobiling Country, Canada.

The Cat looks nothing like the Doo from any angle.

You are living in denial, everyone copied skidoo. We can argue about A arms and what not but etec is dead nuts reliable and still way ahead of the other 2 since what 2010? The pyramidal chassis was all skidoo and every cat since the twin spar has been trying to emulate it.

And I believe Polaris had the 1st patent for R motion but they went a different way with the hay baler chassis. 

The skidoo drive axle is further forward than Polaris and Cat hence the ill handling of the skidoos but other than that there is minimal difference between the suspensions of the 3 OEM's

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

:lol:

Right. Fit and finish is like my main concern. I dont want a cobbled together POS esp for $15k 

Polaris could learn a thing or two regarding that from Ski Doo. 

Skidoos are definitely more refined than the other 2. 

55 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Nothing about SkiDoo is an industry benchmark, been like that for decades. Outside of the R-Motion, Doo are good at everything, great at nothing. They don't have the best handling sled, they dont make the most reliable sled, they dont have the fastest sled, they don't have the best mountain sled. Its a decent all around machine with average performance and features, and a massive following as they are based in a snowmobiling Country, Canada.

The Cat looks nothing like the Doo from any angle.

Ok so now you’re just talking out of your ass.  No one will be left behind handling wise on any brand chassis.  Skidoo reliability is the best overall save perhaps Yamaha.  900 ace is an anvil, ride it clamped for 10,000 miles and probably on the original belt.  The G5 Summits are every bit as good as Polaris’s.  No one makes anything comparable to what I bought this year and this segment has gotten huge in recent years.

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

Was kind of my point, there isnt very much difference between them including the suspensions. Cat is just now coming out with the most modern version chassis that has already been around for 10 years but without all of the other modern advancements the other 2 have had LOL

Not so sure it is the most modern, interesting assumption.  It was the last released, but that does NOT make it the best or most modern.  Glowing reviews from fanboys and magazines are just valueless banter which creates hype and expectations.  I hope the Catalyst lives up to it, but with Cat's latest other releases I am super skeptical as everyone should be.

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Not so sure it is the most modern, interesting assumption.  It was the last released, but that does NOT make it the best or most modern.  Glowing reviews from fanboys and magazines are just valueless banter which creates hype and expectations.  I hope the Catalyst lives up to it, but with Cat's latest other releases I am super skeptical as everyone should be.

6 years ago if you asked me if I would ever buy a Polaris I would have said no fucking way, now I own 3 of them. I will give the catalyst a fair evaluation if I ever get to ride one. If its that good I would consider getting one. But not a first year release.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I hope it’s a great sled too, the sport needs 4 mfgs to stay healthy.  I imagine the 800 class motor just isn’t ready yet, in addition to mfgs have a history of holding things back to keep having new things to offer in subsequent model years.

42 minutes ago, jdsky said:

you forgot about the part where they just... tip over randomly.  

:lolz:

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Yep, no first year release of either motor or chassis.  Both seems like a recipe for disaster.

That being said, I have high hope but to judge it with what info is out now is pure stupidity.

I don't think they had a choice with the 600 - they needed to change the crankcase in order to make it sit as low as it is.  There's still a disagreement within the company about the decision to not release the bigger engine this year - it was maybe not as close as a "7000" was last year, but they might have been able to introduce the new motor at the same time as the Catalyst.  I heard both sides of the argument during the photo shoot.

However, I'm with you, introduce too many things at once and you're asking for trouble.  I think the chassis needs to be proven first, and then take it from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Ok so now you’re just talking out of your ass.  No one will be left behind handling wise on any brand chassis.  Skidoo reliability is the best overall save perhaps Yamaha.  900 ace is an anvil, ride it clamped for 10,000 miles and probably on the original belt.  The G5 Summits are every bit as good as Polaris’s.  No one makes anything comparable to what I bought this year and this segment has gotten huge in recent years.

SkiDoo's reliability is average at best. Had it not been for Cat's fuckup the first few years with their CTEC 800, you could possibly claim Doo is the worst. The ETEC's had trouble for years and the PowerTeks are junkyard sleds.

Edited by stinkipinki

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Yup … skidoo punted cat and poo right in the cunt with the rev harder than any competing company has ever punted the competition. Just look at the f7/crossfire and IQ chassis sleds that were available during the rev and xp years. Man was doo miles ahead. Everything that is good about sledding is owed to the rev chassis 

The first REV's were junk. They were tippy, nosed dived in corners and didn't fit large riders well. The 800's were also an issue for many years, complete junk sleds. It wasn't until the 600SDI engine and chassis tweaks they handled and drove worth a fuck. The Firecats handled just as good if not better, were much faster and much more reliable, out of the 03, which was fast as fuck, but like the first year REV, also had its share of issues.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have no reason to doubt this, other than my observation that 99.8% of snowmobilers are heavily biased and brand loyal.  I'm not sure what people are using as a basis for comparison.  How do we know what's "modern" - who decides that?  All I've ever known is what the seat of my pants tells me, have never spent any time with technical people deciding what's the best way to design a snowmobile.

When it comes to software (ours, specifically), I can tell you what's better and how things are designed.  But, snowmobiles, I just know what I like and can't really explain why.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

The first REV's were junk. They were tippy, nosed dived in corners and didn't fit large riders well. The 800's were also an issue for many years, complete junk sleds. It wasn't until the 600SDI engine and chassis tweaks they handled and drove worth a fuck. The Firecats handled just as good if not better, were much faster and much more reliable, out of the 03, which was fast as fuck, but like the first year REV, also had its share of issues.

Good god dude….the firecats were fast and that’s it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anler said:

The pyramidal chassis was all skidoo and every cat since the twin spar has been trying to emulate it.

You can keep repeating this over and over, it has no truth to it. Your comment about suspensions is comical too, as Cat came out and had wish-bone suspensions on sleds years before Ski-Doo did in the late 90's. A 2010/2011 Twin Spar 800 HO 160HP Zuke will still handle nearly as good as anything Ski-Doo makes for trail riding. I liked my buddies 2011 Renegade but it lost to my Nytro XTX consistently in drag races and didnt handle trails as well as my Twin Spar.

Your high on Doo, I get it. I like BRP too, I own a Defender, but their is nothing special, or above average on thier sleds besides the r-motion skid.

Edited by stinkipinki

24 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

You can keep repeating this over and over, it has no truth to it. Your comment about suspensions is comical too, as Cat came out and had wish-bone suspensions on sleds years before Ski-Doo did in the late 90's. A 2010/2011 Twin Spar 800 HO 160HP Zuke will still handle nearly as good as anything Ski-Doo makes for trail riding. I liked my buddies 2011 Renegade but it lost to my Nytro XTX consistently in drag races and didnt handle trails as well as my Twin Spar.

Your high on Doo, I get it. I like BRP too, I own a Defender, but their is nothing special, or above average on thier sleds besides the r-motion skid.

Lots of bullshit in this post above.

• Like 1

Just now, stinkipinki said:

Translation: I can't stand other peoples opinions when its disturbs my brand loyal butthurt reality.

I ride a cat. It's the only sled I have left. Your opinions are just that. And they're wrong. Sorry that disturbs you.

:bc:

36 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I know , I owned them all. The 03 rev changed the game more than any sled has ever. That’s a fact regardless if it had some issues 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I own 3 newer Polaris sleds so I am not "high on doo" i just live in reality

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

The Firecats are great trail sleds. My 06 F7 EFI handled nearly as well as an 04 REV 800 H.O. my cousin had, but not quite as good as the Crossfire's.

I wonder why cat doesnt just stick with the F chassis then? LOL

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I ride a cat. It's the only sled I have left. Your opinions are just that. And they're wrong. Sorry that disturbs you.

:bc:

I ride a Polaris. It's the only sled I have left. Your opinions are just that. And they're wrong. Not sorry is that disturbs you.

:thumb: