Check your account email address ×

The 2023 Cat Lineup...

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

meh, that's weak sauce.

the vic.png

There was a comment saying cat was smart on not coming out with anything new since Russia was screwing up the supply chain...maybe cat is smarter than we think :lol:

37 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Screenshot_20220312-072735_Facebook.jpg

Gotta love commentary like this.  Cat is good and the do nothing strategy is working perfectly and precisely to plan. 

Keep crushing it Cat your fans still love you.....  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Gotta love commentary like this.  Cat is good and the do nothing strategy is working perfectly and precisely to plan. 

Keep crushing it Cat your fans still love you.....  

That dude definitely borrowed Jim R's glasses

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

With the absence of the Racer Replica models in the 2024 lineup does that make @ZR6000RR's uncrated, undelivered 2023 worth more or less?  Maybe he should buy the 2024 race winning RXC :dunno: 

Struggling a bit with this one? :lol:

Psss

Your off by a year not that it matters.  Jimbo's sled is a 2022 that he has paid for depending on what post you look at from him and will now store it for a year.

Just like the old days for Arctic Cat.  Buying a year old sled.

It really has been one clusterf@#$ after another for Cat. Every year it becomes harder to imagine anything Cat releases (if it ever gets released) won't already be a decade behind the competition. The passion is gone since Textron took over.

Edited by Premium

I don’t think he’s completely wrong.  I think from an experienced snowmobilers perspective, there isn’t much to get excited about.  From a new snowmobilers perspective, there is.  The problem as I see it is that new riders don’t know what they’re looking at and the new stuff is marketed toward experienced ones.  It’s like trying to sell a bowling ball to a golfer.

ATAC is okay, single rail is okay, power steering shows promise, but the rest is for beginners.

1 minute ago, Premium said:

It really has been one clusterf@#$ after another for Cat. Every year it becomes harder to imagine anything Cat releases (if it ever gets released) won't already be a decade behind the competition. The passion is gone since Textron took over.

That’s why I keep thinking that the best thing for Cat would be for the brand to be sold to someone who cares.  That’s all that’s left is the brand, Cat as an independent entity no longer exists, Textron made sure of that.  But the brand is always for sale, and the right buyer could turn it into something.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

That’s why I keep thinking that the best thing for Cat would be for the brand to be sold to someone who cares.  That’s all that’s left is the brand, Cat as an independent entity no longer exists, Textron made sure of that.  But the brand is always for sale, and the right buyer could turn it into something.

This is Textron's 2nd go around for owning a sled manufacture and their following the same pattern.  Suck out what you can and maybe sell what's left.

Be interesting how this works out.  

10 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I don’t think he’s completely wrong.  I think from an experienced snowmobilers perspective, there isn’t much to get excited about.  From a new snowmobilers perspective, there is.  The problem as I see it is that new riders don’t know what they’re looking at and the new stuff is marketed toward experienced ones.  It’s like trying to sell a bowling ball to a golfer.

ATAC is okay, single rail is okay, power steering shows promise, but the rest is for beginners.

They have more versions of the blast in the lineup, than any other sled, and developed a guide for the website, to help people decide which machine fits their needs best...

IMHO power steering is heavy and unneeded on the procross, as it steers pretty easy, and predictably.

BUT, the vast majority of the turbos we sold got ordered with powersteering, and every one of those customers have either called in to say how amazing it is, or mentioned it while they where back to grab something, and we will sell even more turbos with powersteering this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krom said:

They have more versions of the blast in the lineup, than any other sled, and developed a guide for the website, to help people decide which machine fits their needs best...

IMHO power steering is heavy and unneeded on the procross, as it steers pretty easy, and predictably.

BUT, the vast majority of the turbos we sold got ordered with powersteering, and every one of those customers have either called in to say how amazing it is, or mentioned it while they where back to grab something, and we will sell even more turbos with powersteering this year.

Krom

Didn't you post earlier that Arctic Cat didn't come out with a new chassis last year because of the clutch issues they had to fix?

Yamaha had the power steering back in 2012.  

Just now, Doug said:

Krom

Didn't you post earlier that Arctic Cat didn't come out with a new chassis last year because of the clutch issues they had to fix?

Not that I remember.  I forget what the excuse was last year.

Just now, Doug said:

Krom

Yamaha had the power steering back in 2012.  

Yep, and that sled really needed it. 

The tcat/winder eps is the unit AC uses in their atvs/sxs, not the one yami uses.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Psss

Your off by a year not that it matters.  Jimbo's sled is a 2022 that he has paid for depending on what post you look at from him and will now store it for a year.

Just like the old days for Arctic Cat.  Buying a year old sled.

corrected... good catch, I hadn't had my caffeine yet. 
probably will be able to say the exact same thing at this time next year as well... bookmark it.  :lol2:

1 hour ago, Premium said:

hence the Crown Vic comparison... just 'good enough'. 

1 hour ago, Doug said:

This is Textron's 2nd go around for owning a sled manufacture and their following the same pattern.  Suck out what you can and maybe sell what's left.

Be interesting how this works out.  

Precisely, remember when everyone (except a few of us) was talking about Textron being this massive company in the aerospace industry, with the technology and manufacturing to move Cat into the 27th century?  @Not greg b made a prediction about what Textron would do and was 111% right.  They are precisely on the path he predicted.  

58 minutes ago, krom said:

The b-Last must be quite profitable... because I've never seen one in the wild and the pricing on them is (as BRP has just proven) completely WRONG.  More brilliant strategery from Textron.

Power steering... who cares?  Just bolt on some Snow Trackers and they're good to go.  :lmao:

d8pv78m-507ec83b-b823-40b7-97a2-b8ece9b5

3 hours ago, krom said:

From a sales perspective, a typical turbo buyer is buying that sled with every option possible so they can say they have the baddest sled built. Cat should make the power steering standard on it this year if they haven’t already. 

12 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I personally think it started in the mid 2000's when they force sleds and PG&A down dealers throats that couldn't sell or afford to floor plan that much.

Then they cheaped out on certain parts, that cost them in warranty (IMO - bearings).

Then they released the Procross 1-2 years early, did what you posted, and capped it off with spending their last 40+ mil in cash on their trendy North Loop headquarters, that Textron immediately axed.  

Claude and Chris really fucked them good.

That north loop thing was the stupidest waste of money. Their upper management had been in Plymouth for some time. Like moving operations to Minneapolis was going to make a huge change. Do you remember how long they were actually in that building? It couldn’t have been more than 3 years.

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

That north loop thing was the stupidest waste of money. Their upper management had been in Plymouth for some time. Like moving operations to Minneapolis was going to make a huge change. Do you remember how long they were actually in that building? It couldn’t have been more than 3 years.

They weren't there very long considering how much they paid for it. I heard at the time they were hoping the location would attract young hip designers and such that would bike or walk to work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

From a sales perspective, a typical turbo buyer is buying that sled with every option possible so they can say they have the baddest sled built. Cat should make the power steering standard on it this year if they haven’t already. 

If I was buying a tcat I would get the power steering.  That sled is all about going fast effortlessly.  I think it might help the sled and I'm sure it'd be welcome in the tight trails too.  I bet it feels way lighter even if it adds some weight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

They weren't there very long considering how much they paid for it. I heard at the time they were hoping the location would attract young hip designers and such that would bike or walk to work.

Which are exactly the type of people that have never thrown a leg over an ATV or sled. 

No reason to have that expensive real estate downtown.  No one wants to go there and no one wants to live their either.

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

26 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Which are exactly the type of people that have never thrown a leg over an ATV or sled. 

No reason to have that expensive real estate downtown.  No one wants to go there and no one wants to live their either.

That is just it, they didn't even own it, it was a 10 year lease!

My friends that were working for Cat at the time were pissed when they announced that.

There were also some bigger plans for the St. Cloud plant that never came about.

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Eggzactly

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Unfortunately that was the leadership at the time.  Return on the investment was negative.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Unfortunately that was the leadership at the time.  Return on the investment was negative.

That’s one thing I don’t get about the cat boners hating on textron. All the real bad shit that got AC here happened under the good old boys club leadership.

13 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

That’s one thing I don’t get about the cat boners hating on textron. All the real bad shit that got AC here happened under the good old boys club leadership.

Like the pro cross