The 2023 Cat Lineup...

I like the addition of the big motor and eps for the Riot.  I also like the graphics and black on the T-cat.  I know, BNG’s, but I like it anyway - that’s a year overdue.  

Still hoping they have at least one other trick.  The smartest thing to do would be to accidentally leak the stuff that stays the same, and leave the good stuff for the reveal.  

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

Pics of the '23's are over on HCS. Super sad release.....

I feel awful for the Cat faithful. I am sad to see Cat languish like this. I am so happy that I made the jump a year ago and ordered a new Matryx. I had some early painful issues, but everything seems really solid now.....

And WTF are they thinking w/ the ThunderCat colors.

it's exactly what was expected, wasn't it?  I was fortunate to see pics right after lunch but kept my mouth shut.  :lol:

interesting to see the T-cat being labeled as 200hp now to compete with the Mach Z and Poo T850... and at first didn't like the purple but after a better look, much better than the past few years.  lot's of black with some purple and green... it'll look good on the snow. 

bringing the 4ST in the Riot, not a dumb move.  completely missing from the lineup and conversation are the RR's... or anything 'new' at all really.  RXC may be consumer available again???  No 800 RXC which imo is just stupid.  mountain sleds... mustard???

nothing new, no gray... pretty much bng's and a bump in 998hp to what everyone knows they're capable of if not more.    

4 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

I think the t cat will look sick in real life. 

still all lame

see above

where you expecting more?

• Like 1

Well Jimbo is probably happy with no charges.  He does not adapt well to change.

I was actually hoping for something new that would push the other manufacturers.  Feel bad for the green team.  They use to at least make an attempt at bringing something new.  Put a now old 4 stroke into the Riot.  OK

Edited by Doug

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The lady from Atlanta and her dog did some finger painting with the kids from TRF

So nothing changed but the pricing. WTF why are not out on the sled this will be the last weekend?? I would have come up but I sold the Trailer. Keep an out for a nice two place or three place for me "Not a clam shell" enclosed plz. 

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's exactly what was expected, wasn't it?  I was fortunate to see pics right after lunch but kept my mouth shut.  :lol:

interesting to see the T-cat being labeled as 200hp now to compete with the Mach Z and Poo T850... and at first didn't like the purple but after a better look, much better than the past few years.  lot's of black with some purple and green... it'll look good on the snow. 

bringing the 4ST in the Riot, not a dumb move.  completely missing from the lineup and conversation are the RR's... or anything 'new' at all really.  RXC may be consumer available again???  No 800 RXC which imo is just stupid.  mountain sleds... mustard???

nothing new, no gray... pretty much bng's and a bump in 998hp to what everyone knows they're capable of if not more.    

see above

where you expecting more?

The 998T has always been labeled as 200hp class since the “class labeling” started I think they had it as 198hp the first year. Only snowtrax calls it 180hp class. Definitely a joke of a release but at least the BNGs on the trail sleds aren’t awful I guess. I might try to dump my RR for big money with the lack of one in the lineup and just get an RXC if they’re cheap.

32 minutes ago, Badger** said:

For the Cat experts, what changed with Cat? 

Just based on what was leaked, the only thing different I saw was putting the big Yamaha motor in their cross over (Riot) and adding eps to it.  Yamaha already had a model like that, but without eps.  Otherwise the graphics changed (for the better, imo) and that’s about it.  The leaked info that I saw has a few gaps in the lineup, but whether that translates to something new is a big question.

I guess we’ll all know on Tuesday.

Edited by p51mstg

37 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Cat's problems started long before the lady from Atlanta came to TRF.

They started when the 2015 model year was released. The 2013-2014 winter was the best snowmobile sales in years because it was a long winter. Dealers sold out. Mr Jordan took a stock price gamble and made a program where dealer had to take on double the sleds the previous year or loose your buy power. Winter 2014-2015 was a dude. Huge carry over. Credit card was maxed at most of their dealers. They could not ship anything because of it. They burnt through cash paying interest to the floor planners. Then Textron bought them when they were close to running out of money. Took it in the shorts and liquidated all that old inventory. Now sitting on it doing what Textron does until they can sell it. This is what killed cat. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They started when the 2015 model year was released. The 2013-2014 winter was the best snowmobile sales in years because it was a long winter. Dealers sold out. Mr Jordan took a stock price gamble and made a program where dealer had to take on double the sleds the previous year or loose your buy power. Winter 2014-2015 was a dude. Huge carry over. Credit card was maxed at most of their dealers. They could not ship anything because of it. They burnt through cash paying interest to the floor planners. Then Textron bought them when they were close to running out of money. Took it in the shorts and liquidated all that old inventory. Now sitting on it doing what Textron does until they can sell it. This is what killed cat. 

I personally think it started in the mid 2000's when they force sleds and PG&A down dealers throats that couldn't sell or afford to floor plan that much.

Then they cheaped out on certain parts, that cost them in warranty (IMO - bearings).

Then they released the Procross 1-2 years early, did what you posted, and capped it off with spending their last 40+ mil in cash on their trendy North Loop headquarters, that Textron immediately axed.  

Claude and Chris really fucked them good.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Cat's problems started long before the lady from Atlanta came to TRF.

Pretty obvious they didn't bring her in to change anything for the better either.  They're just picking up nickels out of what they have rather than going after dollar bills.  Textron has turned Arctic Cat into a punch line and it makes me a bit sad. 

With the absence of the Racer Replica models in the 2023 lineup does that make @ZR6000RR's uncrated, undelivered 2022 worth more or less?  Maybe he should buy the 2023 race winning RXC :dunno: 

Struggling a bit with this one? :lol:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
oops

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

With the absence of the Racer Replica models in the 2024 lineup does that make @ZR6000RR's uncrated, undelivered 2023 worth more or less?  Maybe he should buy the 2024 race winning RXC :dunno: 

Struggling a bit with this one? :lol:

It's really a shame you got the boot from ACTR there is some good stuff over there this morning..

21 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

It's really a shame you got the boot from ACTR there is some good stuff over there this morning..

I know, I should have waited for the 'public release' to get kicked out.

Screen shots?  :lol:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr