The 2023 Cat Lineup...

20 hours ago, Not greg b said:

From a sales perspective, a typical turbo buyer is buying that sled with every option possible so they can say they have the baddest sled built. Cat should make the power steering standard on it this year if they haven’t already. 

16 hours ago, mnstang said:

If I was buying a tcat I would get the power steering.  That sled is all about going fast effortlessly.  I think it might help the sled and I'm sure it'd be welcome in the tight trails too.  I bet it feels way lighter even if it adds some weight.

EPS and ATAC are standard on the Tcat for 23, the Riot 9000 gets EPS standard, with a choice of ATAC or QS3 shocks

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wrinkly balls said:

Did they change anything on the ZR trail sleds?

1 version of the blast ZR

1 ZR6000 137 Limited

2 ZR 6000 129 RXC (with or without ES)

ZR 8000 can be had green or orange, and with ATAC or QS3

1 Thunder Cat EPS ATAC

AFIK only changes are BNG and black tunnel  they could have made calibration changes, but dont know if/when those would be announced.

• Thanks 1

If I were to buy another 4 stroke turbo I would absolutely order it with power steering, so to me it makes sense to be standard.  I run aftermarket skis and while it's very manageable, power steering would definitely reduce fatigue on those 200-300 mile days.

But I'm not buying another Procross or a first year unit, so I'm 2 years away from buying another Cat at minimum. My closest dealer just dropped Cat this year as well. It legitimately feels like Cat/Textron is intentionally alienating loyal customers.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and no RXC 800 because again... Pussies

I could understand no 800 rxc since they had the RR and you dont race 800's in xc 

I think I'll sell all my sleds and buy a tug boat to travel to fuck off island 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I could understand no 800 rxc since they had the RR and you dont race 800's in xc 

I think I'll sell all my sleds and buy a tug boat to travel to fuck off island 

an electric tug boat?

I can only take HCS for a short while, because every discussion seems to devolve into an insult death match.  However, several people on there seem to think that Cat might indeed have a trick up their sleeves - not for the 23 reveal, but for a mid-season 2023-1/2 release.  Thought that was an interesting idea, I hope there's something to it.  I'm interested to see what they have in store tomorrow.

2023 web.jpg

Last Year was Tough. Let’s Talk About What We’re Going to Do About It.  

Arctic Cat is built on 60 years of podium wins, innovation, passion, excitement, and most importantly...family. We strive to share the ride with everyone, and it is what pushes us to create more experiences and snowmobiles for every type of rider. We know that in a family, you don’t make promises that you can’t keep, and that is why delaying our Model Year 2023 pre-order period was the hardest, yet easiest, decision we have ever had to make. 

The industry is facing incredible shortages and parts delays due to the global supply chain, and Arctic Cat continues to be significantly impacted. Despite the extra hours our production team has spent building product, the daily shift in production priority as parts arrive, and the constant delay mitigation efforts, there are still customers waiting to receive Model Year 2022 snowmobiles they pre-ordered last season. It would be irresponsible to focus our production capabilities on new pre-orders while these loyal customers are still waiting. We want to make them a priority. 

In unprecedented times, it is the responsibility of the brand to act in unprecedented ways. We know that not being able to pre-order your 2023 Arctic Cat snowmobile in the early spring is unusual; however, it will allow us not only to focus on building the remaining 2022 units, but also to ensure we have an accurate understanding of our suppliers’ capacities to forecast our production for Model Year 2023.

This does not mean you won’t be able to pre-order your snowmobile this year—it just means that the Model Year 2023 pre-order period will be slightly delayed until late April. 

While the pre-order period itself is delayed, we are still excited to share what we have been working on over the past year. You’ll be able to get a sneak peek at the 2023 snowmobiles, as well as information on our Share the Ride tour below.

Also, don’t forget to sign up to be the first to know when we launch the new 2023 Arctic Cats.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

out of the 4 manufactures this is actually a bright move.. Polaris still has people waiting for 2022s, skidoo/canam are shipping incomplete machines like cat is , and throwing out new-ish iron doesn't make sense when they can't build what they have orders for already. 

17 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

out of the 4 manufactures this is actually a bright move.. Polaris still has people waiting for 2022s, skidoo/canam are shipping incomplete machines like cat is , and throwing out new-ish iron doesn't make sense when they can't build what they have orders for already. 

It's also a double edged sword especially if Cat does have a new chassis hidden somewhere.  We had a lone Cat rider left in our group that sold his Thundercat a couple weeks ago.  After seeing the 2023 Arctic Cat sleds last week and knowing Polaris and Ski-Doo has a shorter snow check window me ordered a Polaris.

They need the extra time to allow for BRP and yamaha to communicate how many sleds cat will build for them.  Once those details are finalized Cat can determine what capacity they have and can determine to what quantity they can build for there dealers and customers.

35 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I disagree, this will put them behind on ordering parts for on demand production, I feel Polaris and Doo limiting preseason orders to match with the new projected availability of parts was smarter and then having a bigger in season dealer stock filled by what’s actually available will give dealer’s the option to price accordingly if he’s going to have limited inventory so he can survive.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

It's also a double edged sword especially if Cat does have a new chassis hidden somewhere.  We had a lone Cat rider left in our group that sold his Thundercat a couple weeks ago.  After seeing the 2023 Arctic Cat sleds last week and knowing Polaris and Ski-Doo has a shorter snow check window me ordered a Polaris.

it is for sure , but ordering another brand that already has failed to deliver 2022's (just like cat did) by the end of most peoples riding season doesn't really warrant a brand change unless you were really interested. I debated picking up a lynx if my rxc sold but held off because who knows whats going on in europe in the coming months. 

39 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I disagree, this will put them behind on ordering parts for on demand production, I feel Polaris and Doo limiting preseason orders to match with the new projected availability of parts was smarter and then having a bigger in season dealer stock filled by what’s actually available will give dealer’s the option to price accordingly if he’s going to have limited inventory so he can survive.

I mean everyone has fallen behind on production parts - they still can't deliver 2022's so unless you really ration sleds drastically (like it seems Polaris did which was a source of criticism last year for cat) there is no guarantee you'll get anything regardless of when you order it at this point. 

I'm holding up a huge project with Caterpillar because we can't get transducers that we need for leak down fixtures and they were ordered 3 months ago.  

11 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I can only take HCS for a short while, because every discussion seems to devolve into an insult death match.  However, several people on there seem to think that Cat might indeed have a trick up their sleeves - not for the 23 reveal, but for a mid-season 2023-1/2 release.  Thought that was an interesting idea, I hope there's something to it.  I'm interested to see what they have in store tomorrow.

If we see some new race sleds at Haydays, then a mid-season release might be possible.  Otherwise I wouldn't count on it.

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

With what they had to offer for 23 that we have seen, I would have still released them.  All manufacturers are behind.  Just honoring the pricing on the MY22 snowchecks is incentive enough for people to keep their orders and wait it out if that need that new sled.

Limiting orders is what is going to keep the manufacturers from getting in a mess.  They can still build as many floor models as possible and deliver them mid season.  Lots of people will just buy whatever they can walk into the dealer and take home.

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

They can order parts a year in advance but that doesn't mean they will get it all.  Manufacturers are on allocation from their suppliers.  They are only going to get so much based on their historical demand.  Gonna take another 18-24 months for the supply chains to get straightened out.

The PPI has leveled off at 10%.  Another year of 7-10% price increases and raising interest rates should cool the market down.

image.png.643922c8102644a3f01035df5a47845e.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

it is for sure , but ordering another brand that already has failed to deliver 2022's (just like cat did) by the end of most peoples riding season doesn't really warrant a brand change unless you were really interested. I debated picking up a lynx if my rxc sold but held off because who knows whats going on in europe in the coming months.  

I'm holding up a huge project with Caterpillar because we can't get transducers that we need for leak down fixtures and they were ordered 3 months ago.  

Last year I took my sled that I was trading in down to my dealer in the spring at his request and he sold the sled.  Didn't get my XCR until February 2 but I still had a sled to ride and could get a demo if need be.  This year I'm holding onto my trade until my new sled comes in.

Don't miss the corporate manufacturing world at all.  After pushing my retirement out a couple different times retired early last December.  Normally rode Wednesday, Thursday, Friday this year and maybe a half day Saturday.  Was a great schedule always having good trails.  Got a call 2 weeks ago to come back as a contractor to setup a product that I had setup a couple years ago and was coming back into production.  Eye opening money but I'll pass.  I've got enough work on the side at my schedule that is working out well for me.  Don't want the corporate manufacturing BS.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doug said:

Last year I took my sled that I was trading in down to my dealer in the spring at his request and he sold the sled.  Didn't get my XCR until February 2 but I still had a sled to ride and could get a demo if need be.  This year I'm holding onto my trade until my new sled comes in.

Don't miss the corporate manufacturing world at all.  After pushing my retirement out a couple different times retired early last December.  Normally rode Wednesday, Thursday, Friday this year and maybe a half day Saturday.  Was a great schedule always having good trails.  Got a call 2 weeks ago to come back as a contractor to setup a product that I had setup a couple years ago and was coming back into production.  Eye opening money but I'll pass.  I've got enough work on the side at my schedule that is working out well for me.  Don't want the corporate manufacturing BS.  

I am curious how many dealers will do what yours asked you to do last year this year. I damn sure wouldn't let them have my trade until my new one arrived this coming year. interesting enough my dealer offered to consign my rxc if I wanted to peddle it but he didnt want to buy it outright from me because he didnt think it would sell until fall. 

9 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I am curious how many dealers will do what yours asked you to do last year this year. I damn sure wouldn't let them have my trade until my new one arrived this coming year. interesting enough my dealer offered to consign my rxc if I wanted to peddle it but he didnt want to buy it outright from me because he didnt think it would sell until fall. 

I have a long standing friendship with the owner.  he asked if I was going to bring the sled in. Nope

The preview of the 23 Arctic Cat reveal wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, because:

1 - SVP didn't have a speaking role (no video yet)

2 - I was emotionally prepared

3 - I actually liked what they're offering, even if it fell short of expectations

Those that expected great things to keep their Cat ego propped up were let down.  I'm on the sidelines for at least a year, maybe two, so it doesn't bother me what they do.  I want them to succeed, but I've got nothing (figuratively or literally) riding on it.

Edited by p51mstg