The 2023 Cat Lineup...

It's wild to think that if you had a kid the year the Procross was released (Spring 2011), they would become a teenager before Cat released a new chassis.

Edited by Premium

At this point, they are positioning themselves out of business.
IMHO it would have been better to have a new chassis with supply chain issues to generate excitement, with possibly a new 900 CTEC mill.
This strategy would pay off more in the long run and bring back more customers as it would keep interest peaked, and keep folks talking.

But Arctic Cat is no longer Arctic Cat, the company that never played it safe, is once again, playing it safe.
RIOTS with 1500 miles can be had 2nd hand for $9500 - $10,500 in my area.
While the new dinky 2 strokes Turbo's won't touch a ramped up 998 making 340HP, that market continues to die down as all of those boomers get older.

While it continues to be a long slow death, there is no doubt, death to Cat is coming.
Take a risk you fucking pansies.

15 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I can only take HCS for a short while, because every discussion seems to devolve into an insult death match.  However, several people on there seem to think that Cat might indeed have a trick up their sleeves - not for the 23 reveal, but for a mid-season 2023-1/2 release.  Thought that was an interesting idea, I hope there's something to it.  I'm interested to see what they have in store tomorrow.

Those people don't know anything and just say things that think could happen.  Then people hear it and repeat it.

People have been saying every year that a new chassis is coming, a new motor is coming.  Every year.  It's always bullshit, these people on the internet don't know anything and just talk.  If cat isn't saying anything or teasing anything, I'll believe it when I see it.  I'd bet anyone there won't be an all new chassis release for 23.5.

Remember back for 20 with the riot leaked pictures?  Everyone was saying 860cc was coming.  One guy said an 880cc is coming and he's even been test riding it for cat.  Next thing you know it's assumed factual that an ,860 is in the works.  The whole thing is bullshit, nobody knows anything.

• Like 1

Strange.  Its like Arctic Cat is stringing those that purchased 2022 along long enough so they take delivery of the sled before they announce they are out of the snowmobile business.  Nothing new between 2021 and 2022 but yet they are the furthest behind of the manufactures to deliver the 2022 sleds. 

1 hour ago, amstech said:

At this point, they are positioning themselves out of business.
IMHO it would have been better to have a new chassis with supply chain issues to generate excitement, with possibly a new 900 CTEC mill.
This strategy would pay off more in the long run and bring back more customers as it would keep interest peaked, and keep folks talking.

But Arctic Cat is no longer Arctic Cat, the company that never played it safe, is once again, playing it safe.
While the new dinky 2 strokes Turbo's won't touch a ramped up 998 making 340HP, that market continues to die down as all of those boomers get older.

While it continues to be a long slow death, there is no doubt, death to Cat is coming.
Take a risk you fucking pansies.

I wonder if cat is in the final stages of being sold off? It makes zero sense to release the sleds and then say we aren’t taking orders for a month. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

My comment should ruffle some feathers on the trail riders page.

CC3EF5D5-DFCD-4768-AA96-FD740553AA55.png

I would have haha'd your comment but they didn't appreciate my brand of humor and permabanned me.  😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I would have haha'd your comment but they didn't appreciate my brand of humor and permabanned me.  😂

I’m surprised I haven’t been given the axe due my comments the past week. Mike Rider turned the comments off on all his posts after something I said today

4 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I’m surprised I haven’t been given the axe due my comments the past week. Mike Rider turned the comments off on all his posts after something I said today

Probably because you were chiming in because of your own inadequacy...:lol:

He's a TOOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I heard they loaned the 7000 prototype to Scott Wine for testing and it didn't come back.

So if this was a mistake and they aren't reintroducing the 7000, then that tells you how bad Cat's marketing dept is...well er lack of marketing dept.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

I wonder if cat is in the final stages of being sold off? It makes zero sense to release the sleds and then say we aren’t taking orders for a month. 

Did you not read the reason? Wow! A living working brain cell would get it. You must not have that part. As Archy Bunker would say. Meat Head!

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Strange.  Its like Arctic Cat is stringing those that purchased 2022 along long enough so they take delivery of the sled before they announce they are out of the snowmobile business.  Nothing new between 2021 and 2022 but yet they are the furthest behind of the manufactures to deliver the 2022 sleds. 

It’s hard to say, but it seems like they’re not waiting on too many more pallets of parts.  Country Cat has had updates on what’s left.

Manufacturers and suppliers all over the world are so messed up, nobody knows what they’re getting or when they’re getting it.

And, I think your comment about nothing new is exactly what I’ve been trying to say in other threads - there has been new stuff, but nobody knows about it.  They haven’t been pushing the envelope like the competition has ( which has been impressive, in my opinion), but they haven’t been sitting still, either.  Cat dropped the ball big time on marketing, and I think that’s hurting them more than the R&D side of the equation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cats19 said:

So if this was a mistake and they aren't reintroducing the 7000, then that tells you how bad Cat's marketing dept is...well er lack of marketing dept.  

Trusting Scott Wine with a snowmobile was a mistake.  That used to be a good looking sled!😀

I’m kidding, but agree that marketing has been awol for a while, or doesn’t understand the opportunities they have laid before them.

I wonder how many people would go for a 7000.  Seems like that picture got a pretty big response.

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

It wouldn’t surprise me, but probably not.

I expect the sale to come when I least expect it.

4 hours ago, amstech said:

Would you want a used CTEC 800 off warranty?

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

It’s hard to say, but it seems like they’re not waiting on too many more pallets of parts.  Country Cat has had updates on what’s left.

Working in manufacturing, I would never, ever, let one of my distributors be the one communicating production updates to the public.

Edited by teamgreen02
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

It would be a good thing if the right group bought them. 

• Like 2

Add me to the list of washed up, former Arctic Cat riders.  With the lack of market share, leadership, and brain power in TRF, they will just get further and further behind.  I don't hate the Procross chassis but I'm not buying another one either. 

Maybe I'll take another look at Cat when they release something new.

X7I-n0_iYdalY_k1iSwVK63c3RUkyriOD5uedmyWUkcJvnVRWGNt3OFnHtsN2e7qhu1vO2NeBKPS4GioVr-khLLsreqaQDFbxC_PekEzuItXVsDT_wkrHN420F5gw1A9k4rIhNwLxlrRjMWhQpS9_0FFeyKyvmNxLWTQvI_kYqasWn3jezNN8HPqkZImXZh0LCS4dSYrOj4Mwc34F23KB2KXqekgSLP18IO8VAnmMb0W7GDlFymMmwN5hJvaeHHa83OC7GXGByvUcpcmel25yAOx4VSOJo6mtWYwrOXR9Fwks_w1jP-9T1SoTHGufAJBSd0m0mqQrg2vodxxO4a4hfzldw3_WTm31qANnDcIlTpdKDmm81tbdPV1gu9GberK1fMdob7VozRr0BHQZfOyOR7BYOb6LxIwfN7t-zyJm4SZNcZGuR8R7iF82eGR3uak5bYkxcMdo3Z8ZBId1dtdw8CNKN8EYXXAOZw34bPuJAGZegCHJ7EmaJdTcDSCNzEwYHe_rosOYghoH_M57M2-X4oJHfUrd9-vg1eB6lw6-JA4jGJk5mp_LOQkZvosCYZFtf-6XX5u2DuG9EheiQilGkrEAh0DosaUw5pCqg05FzovrnhKj4XQn6RPL-cHK2Z_7bkv6SEG-FvbGhWJ5d5Q6jwZTHrtDRsKgaBKSWgWp_CQXTYumFAZ64REZY35V6BO3c1AYpJDiF1EHiQliZ3M-tVp=w1364-h1024-no?authuser=0

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Did you not read the reason? Wow! A living working brain cell would get it. You must not have that part. As Archy Bunker would say. Meat Head!

He has far more insight into how Textron operates in his poop than you have rattling around in that pea you label as a brain... just fyi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

I didn’t see a reason anywhere on arctic insider so I’d love to hear it. Let me guess, too many people were asking for it to come back and Cats not in the business of doing anything buyers want?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I didn’t see a reason anywhere on arctic insider so I’d love to hear it. Let me guess, too many people were asking for it to come back and Cats not in the business of doing anything buyers want?

There is only one factory so if one buys the snow side they have to have a factory. There has been ZERO in Cat is for sale anywhere but in some of your idiot heads. They are making money, cleaning up Jordan's failures and the best part, pissing off the idiots like you in the process. Speculators are a funny bunch. They hedge alot and when they are wrong BITCH about it. Cat is just fine. Selling everything they can produce right now. How is that a bad thing? Cause you want more? I don't think you matter in the real world. 

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

There is only one factory so if one buys the snow side they have to have a factory. There has been ZERO in Cat is for sale anywhere but in some of your idiot heads. They are making money, cleaning up Jordan's failures and the best part, pissing off the idiots like you in the process. Speculators are a funny bunch. They hedge alot and when they are wrong BITCH about it. Cat is just fine. Selling everything they can produce right now. How is that a bad thing? Cause you want more? I don't think you matter in the real world. 

There are 2 Cat plants and it isn't like there an online posting on Zillow or Craigslist listing them for sale.

Textron could be shopping them around and maybe a couple people in TRF would even know, maybe.  Or they could have a few unsolicited offers to buy it and same thing.  

• Haha 1