Check your account email address ×

The 2023 Cat Lineup...

22 hours ago, airflite1 said:

With the price of oil, vinyl is so expensive they’re skipping all graphics for 2023, and BGN planned for 2023 will now be on the 2024’s :passing:

Actually, to your point, I think they should off a no graphics option when ordering.  So many guys put wraps on anyway.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

What are the odds that the "new chassis" is a rebranded chassis from someone else?  My feeling is that they have a trick up their sleeves for this year that's not a ProCross.

They're adding a Neo to the midsized lineup ?

:lol:

16 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Having had procross with all the clutches available - the adapt is a huge improvement over the former models. 

That's interesting.  Arctic insider just did an article where he rode a new riot x for a few days and said there wasn't any noticeable difference with the adapt compared to previous team clutches.  He made it seem like that is a good thing because the teams worked so well.

11 minutes ago, mnstang said:

That's interesting.  Arctic insider just did an article where he rode a new riot x for a few days and said there wasn't any noticeable difference with the adapt compared to previous team clutches.  He made it seem like that is a good thing because the teams worked so well.

I saw that and it doesn't match with what other people have said.  However, if someone doesn't notice a problem with the Team clutch, then they probably aren't going to notice a difference in the new clutch.  I would generally fall into that category, because I'm not too picky.  However, I've never had a clutch that created so much belt dust before or fought me at slow speeds like this clutch does.

2 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I saw that and it doesn't match with what other people have said.  However, if someone doesn't notice a problem with the Team clutch, then they probably aren't going to notice a difference in the new clutch.  I would generally fall into that category, because I'm not too picky.  However, I've never had a clutch that created so much belt dust before or fought me at slow speeds like this clutch does.

Maybe you have an issue happening?

I am one to notice things and usually do some tuning to my clutching, but my team clutch is the best and smoothest clutch operation I've ever experienced.  Minimum amount of belt dust.  I'm very happy with it.  If your clutch is fighting you at slow speeds I would say you definitely have a problem.  Mine is butter smooth and tons of control/modulation and grip, never once any issue.  The ctec motor can sometimes have some low speed driveability issue but that is not clutch related, are you sure you are not experiencing an engine driveability issue from a lean fuel mixture?  Mine has done that before.

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Maybe you have an issue happening?

I am one to notice things and usually do some tuning to my clutching, but my team clutch is the best and smoothest clutch operation I've ever experienced.  Minimum amount of belt dust.  I'm very happy with it.  If your clutch is fighting you at slow speeds I would say you definitely have a problem.  Mine is butter smooth and tons of control/modulation and grip, never once any issue.  The ctec motor can sometimes have some low speed driveability issue but that is not clutch related, are you sure you are not experiencing an engine driveability issue from a lean fuel mixture?  Mine has done that before.

I think there's definitely a shift issue, because if I accelerate slowly, I can go 10-11-12-13-21-22-23...etc.  it's exactly 13 mph when this happens and it skips over 20 every time.  The engine runs smooth.  If I drive it like a stole it, there's no problem.  I think that's why some riders may not notice a difference and others don't. 

Also, in the same way that some 800's convert to scrap aluminum but mine hasn't, it may also be luck of the draw, because I think I got a clutch that has never shifted correctly at slow speeds since it was new.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I think there's definitely a shift issue, because if I accelerate slowly, I can go 10-11-12-13-21-22-23...etc.  it's exactly 13 mph when this happens and it skips over 20 every time.  The engine runs smooth.  If I drive it like a stole it, there's no problem.  I think that's why some riders may not notice a difference and others don't. 

Also, in the same way that some 800's convert to scrap aluminum but mine hasn't, it may also be luck of the draw, because I think I got a clutch that has never shifted correctly at slow speeds since it was new.

It does sound like a clutch issue although I don't know if it's an inherent trait to that clutch, I think you probably got a bad one like you say.  Mine doesn't do that and I do alot of slow speed riding, all off trail.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

That's weird, because I see a new Cat chassis in all black against a black bachground.

Incorrect....they just haven't painted it yet. Ahhhh, here it is......this should work nicely on that chassis..........

oep314492_db78c53e120a78768401a18d55f458fe0613f708.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Incorrect....they just haven't painted it yet. Ahhhh, here it is......this should work nicely on that chassis..........

oep314492_db78c53e120a78768401a18d55f458fe0613f708.jpg

That's a sneak peak at 2024.

Pics of the '23's are over on HCS. Super sad release.....

I feel awful for the Cat faithful. I am sad to see Cat languish like this. I am so happy that I made the jump a year ago and ordered a new Matryx. I had some early painful issues, but everything seems really solid now.....

And WTF are they thinking w/ the ThunderCat colors.

• Like 1