Check your account email address ×

The 2023 Cat Lineup...

Just now, Badger** said:

I drive a Doo 850 FYI. You have to give your customers something or anything to bring in new customer you just can't pump out the same shit year after year.   

So you are in to a flat screen on your dash? What real info do you really need. I need Temp and speed. I am going to add a new name here badg and it is on you. Dootards! You are getting the same old shit under new plastic. Dig in and you will see. fun times buddy!

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

That's because of the chassis, not the motor.  Putting the old motor in them would make them even slower.  And let's be real the only four strokers with records are all Cats.

Brad Cone 157.09 2011 Apex/OSP Yamaha 2/9/2013 Forest Lake

FOUR STROKE Super Stock          
Shanon Disch 163.946 2004 Warrior Yamaha 2/13/2010 Forest Lake

FOUR STROKE PRO STOCK          
Jerry Benson 175.253 2004 Warrior Yamaha 2/24/2018 Chetek

FOUR STROKE STOCK (3CYL)          
Erik Fagerlin 100.76 2009 Yamaha 2/26/2022 Chetek

FOUR STROKE STOCK (4CYL)          
Jesse Jones 110.020 2008 Yamaha Yamaha 2/26/2022 Chetek

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Pretty much ever 2018 RXC ripped, and if it didn't the rider should have bought a LXR.

And when you ran them hard, the exhaust would leave a brown residue behind the outlet and up the side a bit.  

And the brake and clutch/belt dust too...

I had to clean the exhaust side but nothing on the clutch side. Just shut it off when you are sitting sucking off all the Poo and Doo tards. Just sayin.:mc:

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

So does the current cluster give everything you need to know and then? You can add Garmin for half the cost of a lesser brand and it is glove tested for you pootards fingers. Just sayin. I have one of there new Garmin gauges and it is AWESOME!

I wanted one of those last summer, but had to put way too much ammo money into a tune and clutch kit.  This year, it will be more clutch stuff, so no money for a GPS.  Maybe next year.

The Ski Doo gauge looks nice.  As someone who works on new tech every day, it's really a good looking display.  But, I still think Polaris has the best display in the industry.  We have the 7" Ride Command display on our General and love the mapping.  It's very intuitive to use.

The Ski Doo also doesn't have built-in GPS, you have to use your phone.  Where I ride, my phone is useless.  Ride Command is awesome everywhere.

Pricewise, I wonder what the cost would be for the standard Cat gauge and the base Tread GPS.  Would it be in the same ballpark as the Polaris 7s and whatever the Ski Doo gauge is called?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I wanted one of those last summer, but had to put way too much ammo money into a tune and clutch kit.  This year, it will be more clutch stuff, so no money for a GPS.  Maybe next year.

The Ski Doo gauge looks nice.  As someone who works on new tech every day, it's really a good looking display.  But, I still think Polaris has the best display in the industry.  We have the 7" Ride Command display on our General and love the mapping.  It's very intuitive to use.

The Ski Doo also doesn't have built-in GPS, you have to use your phone.  Where I ride, my phone is useless.  Ride Command is awesome everywhere.

Pricewise, I wonder what the cost would be for the standard Cat gauge and the base Tread GPS.  Would it be in the same ballpark as the Polaris 7s and whatever the Ski Doo gauge is called?

Base tread and mount for me was $600. Selling point is I can take it to my next sled for less than$100 and can use it on my wheeler. No brainer. Oh, including mount.

Edited by ZR6000RR

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

I had to clean the exhaust side but nothing on the clutch side. Just shut it off when you are sitting sucking off all the Poo and Doo tards. Just sayin.:mc:

My orange Riot is only orange on the drinker's side but covered in charcoal belt dust on the captain's side.  It's kind of embarrassing, so I just leave all the grass and cattails hanging on the sled so nobody really notices.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

So you are in to a flat screen on your dash? What real info do you really need. I need Temp and speed. I am going to add a new name here badg and it is on you. Dootards! You are getting the same old shit under new plastic. Dig in and you will see. fun times buddy!

I don't need all the bells but give the people what they want and sell more sleds. And fact the 800 cat can not compete in the 850 world and the 850's can not compete in the Big Yam and Cat world. New Turbo Poo time will time tell but my money is on the Yamaha motor.  

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You really take this shit personal, wow. :lol2:Time to learn a little something, Snowmobiles for the most part are all a pain in the ass. Now don't go all rum dumb on ole Badger. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Badger** said:

You really take this shit personal, wow. :lol2:Time to learn a little something, Snowmobiles for the most part are all a pain in the ass. Now don't go all rum dumb on ole Badger. 

This guy is something else.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Premium said:

I've been a Cat guy my whole life. Started on a hand-me-down 1972 Kitty Cat. Nothing but Cats and they've been top notch all the way to my last new sled in the form of my 2017 XF 9000.

Then Textron bought them and I took a wait-and-see approach....I don't consider myself naive, but I think I was one of many who thought Textron might just have the cash infusion from a diversified portfolio that could invigorate the brand. Instead we watched as the mostly stellar Procross chassis aged gracefully but VERY rapidly, athletes left in droves (along with their wins and followers), the marketing department vaporized (you get more info from Country Cat or Arcticinsider), and Textron seemingly gutted the factory of the passionate individuals in favor of corporate transplants that know NOTHING about snowmobile culture.

Cat isn't Cat anymore, and since Textron's purchase they've given basically not a single reason to stay.

Best post I've read on here in ages. My sentiments exactly!!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Did you not read the reason? Wow! A living working brain cell would get it. You must not have that part. As Archy Bunker would say. Meat Head!

Yes I read it. It’s a typical corporate response. Pushing orders off 30 days is not going change anything for 2022 not shipped orders. The season is done. It does however make a big difference if another company is taking over. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Base tread and mount for me was $600. Selling point is I can take it to my next sled for less than$100 and can use it on my wheeler. No brainer. Oh, including mount.

Until someone walks away with it while you are at the bar. Or you accidentally roll..... I ride with a buddy who has a ZR8000 that's using it. It seems pretty primitive and limited in functionality. 

At least I can see all of my engine error codes on the 7S  :-P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Yes I read it. It’s a typical corporate response. Pushing orders off 30 days is not going change anything for 2022 not shipped orders. The season is done. It does however make a big difference if another company is taking over. 

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Or it is factual as I am living in it. Have not received my 22 yet so guess what. A corporation with some responsibility to it. What? Amazing! 

1 minute ago, Ziemann said:

Until someone walks away with it while you are at the bar. Or you accidentally roll..... I ride with a buddy who has a ZR8000 that's using it. It seems pretty primitive and limited in functionality. 

It takes two seconds to take it off and stick it in your pocket so no one is going to Pootard it.

3 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I could see them on my standard gauge but being a Cat, I neve do. All I need out of it is GPS so what is your point?

4 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

It will not unhook on a roll. It is very snug. More than your wife or BF.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

I could see them on my standard gauge but being a Cat, I neve do. All I need out of it is GPS so what is your point?

But, can your Garmin do this? LOL?

20220225_152024.jpg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

You must be concerned about codes owning a poo. Never have on the three Ctech 600's I have had. Actually never seen a code on any cat. Hmmm? 

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I wonder how far the prices will stray from a time when they NAILED the pricing for the same fucking sleds...

pricing-sheet.jpg&v=1552985201198?v=2019

The Alpha you don't hear jack shit about that anymore. :ashamed: 

Just now, racinfarmer said:

I should have bought a RXC that year.

in hindsight, there's more than a few of us that feel that way

you can still buy the same exact sled for 2023, with new decals for what are we guessing here.... $4k more???

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you can still buy the same exact sled for 2023, with new decals for what are we guessing here.... $4k more???

I had the chance to, but since none of us could race it, I bought a second 2019.  I'm passively on the hunt for a 2020.

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Well not the exact same sled the 2020 was a 137 new front end unit, so cat has innovated backwards since then. Buuut I did talk to someone who was looking at the price sheet today and you’re not far off on that. I almost puked.