• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, HSR said:

I had an Irish dinner last night too after another hot day at the beach:thumb:

Tonight was chicken thighs mashed spuds and some carrots

Mik night for me. Corned beef and cabbage

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

that place local to you seem we had that delivered to Barrett in Jamesville, if it was it was good stuff

Twin trees brother, it's the best..8min down the road..

:bc:

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Twin trees brother, it's the best..8min down the road..

:bc:

I love a good greasy pizza, what's the one on the right? looks interesting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

I love a good greasy pizza, what's the one on the right? looks interesting

Garlic pizza with spinach and sausage,..So good!

• Like 1

Local store had some beautiful morels, so I grabbed a red cabbage and made schnitzel, rotkohl, spatzle and a morel cream sauce. 

8ifz3TU.jpg

Only shit was part way into prep I realized I had no bread crumbs so I had to dry some bread in the oven and then blast it in the cuisinart.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

Around here it's called a White Pizza,

add some sun dried tomatoes to it and some crumbled fetta cheese

pizza.gif.9f1f487411c667d1ed10d1daf2d5acfe.gif

White pizza here has Alfredo sauce on it..Not a fan of that 

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Local store had some beautiful morels, so I grabbed a red cabbage and made schnitzel, rotkohl, spatzle and a morel cream sauce. 

8ifz3TU.jpg

Only shit was part way into prep I realized I had no bread crumbs so I had to dry some bread in the oven and then blast it in the cuisinart.  

That’s just show off talk….🤣

Look great!👍🏼

4 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

W make our own white sauce pizza with chicken and spinach. We use very little white sauce compared to what we have gotten from pizza shops. To much Alfredo sauce ruins it.

• Like 2

We had fish cakes and steamed broccoli last night and tonight is butter chicken over rice. Living in a motorhome has it's drawbacks with limited space in the fridge, a microwave/convection oven and a small portable bbq. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ckf said:

W make our own white sauce pizza with chicken and spinach. We use very little white sauce compared to what we have gotten from pizza shops. To much Alfredo sauce ruins it.

They always put to much on it here too, it's just over powering 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

It's olive oil with roasted garlic or garlic oil for the white sauce, no Alfredo sauce here then the other toppings listed above.

• Like 3

I've never made a white sauce pizza nor had one that was good...although I haven't tried one from a place I would expect it to be good.  Do you still do cheese then?  Curious what the proportions are?  Cook the spinach first or how does it deal with all the moisture?  

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I've never made a white sauce pizza nor had one that was good...although I haven't tried one from a place I would expect it to be good.  Do you still do cheese then?  Curious what the proportions are?  Cook the spinach first or how does it deal with all the moisture?  

Yes, you still use cheese like normal. The key for me is to use just enough Alfredo to cover the dough. Pizza joints tend to go overboard. Like Tony said, it can be overpowering. Fresh spinach is best. We put the mozzarella on top of the toppings so the chicken and spinach doesn't burn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

For a garlic pizza, yes, you cheese as you would a normal pizza, raw fresh spinach (I cut the stem off so it's just leaf) and what ever else you want on it, thin sliced tomato discs are good, so are shrooms.. the spinach crisps up nice..

I don't really like Alfredo sauce and neither do my kids, so I've only made that once and it was a long time ago, I cheesed it but less than a normal pizza.