Check your account email address ×

Official how many sleds have you wrecked ?thread

Shifty

I've only wrecked one but I've sent many others to their final resting places.

In 2007 I rode my 02 Skidoo Renegade 700 into a tree somewhere around 2:30 A.M. after bar close.  I don't have after pics but they are in hcs archives.

700 renegade.jpg

Edited by Fireball 440

• Gold Member

I took a brand new sled and slid it into a fence post on the other side of a huge ice patch. It was like slow motion went to turn and it started sliding, I bailed last second so as not to add more weight to the impact. Stove the running board in but we were able to hammer it out and ride the week with it, only part I had to replace was a spring adjuster

• Platinum Contributing Member

Cosmetic only.   Never totaled one.   Not even close as far as damage is concerned.   Had my shard of scare's but always avoided anything serious. 

Out of 30 plus sleds over my life likely only replaced plastic parts from crashes on 1 or 2.  Never had to replace a bumper or trailing arm or A arm.

Edited by Highmark

I never wrecked a single sled! There's been a time or two where I wanted to intentionally wreck one out of frustration. You know us Michigan folks with our anger issues  :lol: 

I totalled my mom's 2003 Rev Sport when I was about 14. Wasn't even going that fast, just got tossed off by an awkward bump because I was young and dumb and it just barely caught a tree with the a-arms. Tweaked the chassis and tunnel, they had it rebuilt with an X package tunnel and they handed it down to me. Had the shocks revalved, threw on risers, put on a 1.25" Ice Ripper when they were brand new, did a bunch of cosmetic stuff... that thing was my baby. 

3 or 4 seasons ago I rolled my dad's sled the day before he was going to trade it in. For some reason we swapped sleds before a particularly whooped out trail, I wasn't used to his sled but I charged down the trail anyway, bottomed out hard at like 60mph, the rear end pogo'd and danced back and forth a couple times before the sled rolled out from under me. Somehow that only damaged some plastics and tweaked the steering column on the sled. I'm still amazed I walked away with nothing more than a broken face shield on my helmet, I must've been doing close to 50 when I got tossed off the sled into the air.

DSCF1936.JPG

DSCF1970.JPG

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I never wrecked a single sled! There's been a time or two where I wanted to intentionally wreck one out of frustration. You know us *Michigan folks with our anger issues  :lol: 

*Michiganders........please. 

"Totaled" my dad's '02 Edge 600 in a collision accident in 2004.  Small bend in the tunnel was enough to total it for some reason.  Bought it back from the insurance company and my cousin is still riding it 17 years later.

Hit multiple trees with my '04 ProX, including lunching a trailing arm out in Wyoming, but never broke any more than the plastic bumper.  Everything else I was able to hammer out.

Bent one A arm on my '07 IQ Dragon RMK mod sled.

Bent the tunnel on my '07 IQ Dragon 121 jumping it after the rear shock was shot.

When I was 12, I think I took out about 3 or 4 tail lights in one year though with my Indy Sport...

Edited by Matt

• Gold Member

Never totaled any. I’ve hit a bunch of shit not sure if I’d consider it crashing though. Hit as in trees, rocks and stumps replacing bumpers, control arms, plastics etc. I was rear ended once in a icy culvert tunnel by a older lady that couldn’t stop on the ice.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

WTF, did you forget to tie them down to your trailers ? LOL

:lol: No man! Phaser was an ice ridge resulting in a bent shock which in resulted in rolling. Venture was running board damage from hitting the spindle of another sled. My firecat tried to climb a tree. And the XRS was break failure.

• Haha 1

Even though I never really "crashed" a mountain sled off trail riding either it is completely different measurement.   To me "crashing or wrecking" is being out of control on a trail or lake.  

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Even though I never really "crashed" a mountain sled off trail riding either it is completely different measurement.   To me "crashing or wrecking" is being out of control on a trail or lake.  

That’s what I was thinking I mean sooner or later if you go off trail your gonna wreck something but does that really count as “wrecking” the sled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Never totaled any. I’ve hit a bunch of shit not sure if I’d consider it crashing though. Hit as in trees, rocks and stumps replacing bumpers, control arms, plastics etc. I was rear ended once in a icy culvert tunnel by a older lady that couldn’t stop on the ice.

yah thats not a crash.  I dumped my Freeride a few years back coming over a blind hill into a sharp right with a couple guys behind me,  no studs and ice got me and tossed my ass and the sled rolled and slid into a bush right before it got into all the stumps in a cut so it could have been worse.  

1 , 95 poo xlt .looked just like Irv's special. Riding a gopatpath into town. SLid on ice and had to shit sop bad I couldn't move quick. Into a tree. Rode it fucked up into town . Didnt even look at it untill I went into restaurant and destroyed their bathroom. 

• Haha 1

0 from me, 1 for the wife.

2008 & 2011 ended up with a new rear tunnel section, 2012 ended up getting a new tunnel/bulkhead combo twice.

Wife cleaned the hood off a ZL440 my parents owned.  Turned it in and a hood for $1500 sled was like $1800 with the decals.  Bought it back pretty cheap, threw a used $150 Haydays hood on it and kept it as a spare for a few years.  

It's funny how everyone is defining "wrecked" differently.  If we defined it as this, the numbers would go up exponentially for all of us:

Wrecked- Damaged during riding and definitely needing repairs in order to be made safe to ride again before the next ride.