Check your account email address ×

Official how many sleds have you wrecked ?thread

Shifty

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I carry a pretty comprehensive umbrella policy that covers just about everything short of felony actions or competition events.  I don't insure my sleds. 

yours does not require a baseline liability?   Mine requires the first 200k come from another policy.   otherwise i would not bother scheduling trailers and cheap sleds.   

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yours does not require a baseline liability?   Mine requires the first 200k come from another policy.   otherwise i would not bother scheduling trailers and cheap sleds.   

Yes, I've got a rider for the first $250k with a $25k deductible.  Bought it through my advisor from Lincoln when I first started to make some bank years ago.

1 minute ago, Dave said:

You should get it the way you ride.

:lol:

There’s no point...nearly impossible to prove liability on the trail unless you’re hammered drunk and hit someone standing in the side of the trail.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

if you have assets and no liability insurance you are a fucking moron. You have a responsibility to your family to protect them from your idiocy.  

Should people walking on a sled trail be insured against being held liable for causing an accident?

Just now, f7ben said:

Because when you have a loan the lien holder requires liability and comp

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean about liability....I carry 2 million on all my toys truck and car.

Ei:  If I hit someone and they sue....thats what I have liability for

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean about liability....I carry 2 million on all my toys truck and car.

Ei:  If I hit someone and they sue....thats what I have liability for

no we are saying the same thing.  Bhents just an idiot about the subject. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nobody carries liability insurance on sleds in MN. I would guess out of the 130 sleds on last weekends ride less than 10% of the owners had specific snowmobile liability insurance 

You asked 130 people?

Why would you guess that?

Edited by Dave

1 minute ago, Dave said:

You asked 130 people?

Why would you guess that?

Because nobody I know carries snowmobile specific liability policies on sleds they own....it’s not a common thing here.

Just now, f7ben said:

Because nobody I know carries snowmobile specific liability policies on sleds they own....it’s not a common thing here.

Well if you don't care about your family and everything you have....all the power to you.

:bc: