Check your account email address ×

Official how many sleds have you wrecked ?thread

Shifty

37 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It was really two arguments. I’m running a 260hp tune in my sled that was designed for stock clutching. Buttcocks said it wouldn’t work.

Then HSR said you could not run the same clutching over varying power levels. Basically everyone who runs turbo sleds finds a good clutch setup and leaves it for all their tunes across many power levels

Not one person said it wouldn't work.

Everyone said it was not ideal.

Run 260/ clutch for 260

Run 260/ clutch for 177?

Get real

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Not one person said it wouldn't work.

Everyone said it was not ideal.

Run 260/ clutch for 260

Run 260/ clutch for 177?

Get real

Tell me why it wouldn’t be close to ideal? Glen Hall designed the tune for stock clutching. Tell me what you would do to improve it? 

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He stated exactly what I said. That there was little benefit to changing clutching once you had a good setup if you allowed rpm to rise with power and nothing became a restriction

He stated exactly what I said too

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No....you said you could not add hp without changing clutching

That was 100% incorrect

No I said you shouldn’t, big difference. I’m out for the night,ttyl :bc:

Just now, HSR said:

No I said you shouldn’t, big difference. I’m out for the night,ttyl :bc:

And you were wrong....

There is a way around that. It is actually simple but involves a certain compromize. The solution is to let the engine rev much higher on the high power setting and get it to rev still high enough at lower power settings that throttle response is still great or as good as with a normal calibration. In the case of PS-3 ,this means operating the engine at 9600rpm at 30psi and let it spin at around 8800rpm at typical pump gas boost pressure of around 19psi. The result is perfect and to be honnest, the sled is a blast to ride at wot at 9600rpm and 30psi boost -- it just screams.

The above situation is the extreme of running a single clutch calibration on various power settings due to the wide boost difference between high and low. The short story here is that it can be done quite successfully. That being said, the engine has to be built and configured right to operate at higher rpm levels and a good rpm cut strategy is a must in case of a belt failure during a wot pull.

14 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Fuck off with your made up numbers.

Like you know who does or doesn't have liability insurance.

:lol:

Are you surprised, this info coming from a guy that is stuckonstupid that constantly pulls ridiculous numbers out of his ass, and actually thinks smart people are going to believe him ? 

12 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Are you surprised, this info coming from a guy that is stuckonstupid that constantly pulls ridiculous numbers out of his ass, and actually thinks smart people are going to believe him ? 

You are a clueless dumbass faggot. Kill yourself. My sled will be damn close to 2 flat 0-60. That is very common for turbo sleds. You said impossible and we’re quickly owned lol. You got owned because you’re dumber than fuck