Check your account email address ×

Official how many sleds have you wrecked ?thread

Shifty

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Vermont it’s required...not NH or Maine 

It’s not required in MN , WI and MI and none of the states out west. That’s probably 90% or more of all sleds right there

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s the law in virtually no states that have large sled populations except NY

They all recommend you have it though for financial reasons.

:lol:

Like I said you ride a machine that cost 1000s...but to cheap to pay 100 bucks or so for liability....makes alot of sense...

Just now, Dave said:

They all recommend you have it though for financial reasons.

Like I said you ride a machine that cost 1000s...but to cheap to pay 100 bucks or so for liability....makes alot of sense...

Fuck insurance companies and fuck you

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fuck insurance companies and fuck you

Just curious,,,if you "were" to carry insurance what would it cost you in Mn? I think I pay just over $200 /yr Cdn 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Nobody carries liability insurance on sleds in MN. I would guess out of the 130 sleds on last weekends ride less than 10% of the owners had specific snowmobile liability insurance 

so you all are a bunch of idiots who ride drunk and don't protect their assets and their families.  Would be awesome to be working the next 20 years paying off a settlement from hitting someone after a few cocktails

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Just curious,,,if you "were" to carry insurance what would it cost you in Mn? I think I pay just over $200 /yr Cdn 

Not sure to be honest. Last time I had insurance on a sled it was my 2016 Polaris and I think it was about $600 year for full coverage. I think $200 year for liability sounds about right

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Nobody carries liability insurance on sleds in MN. I would guess out of the 130 sleds on last weekends ride less than 10% of the owners had specific snowmobile liability insurance 

I must be the only one. We've had this conversation before.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

so you all are a bunch of idiots who ride drunk and don't protect their assets and their families.  Would be awesome to be working the next 20 years paying off a settlement from hitting someone after a few cocktails

Well....you can live in an over insured worry bubble if you like. I’ve never heard of anyone getting sued over a sled accident and nobody I know has ever heard of it either because it doesn’t happen

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Just totally braindead.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Not sure to be honest. Last time I had insurance on a sled it was my 2016 Polaris and I think it was about $600 year for full coverage. I think $200 year for liability sounds about right

My 15 was $450 full coverage when new. Wow they rape you guys too

Just now, Dave said:

If you can afford to sled you can afford insurance

It’s not required to ride and it’s a sucker bet. You go ahead and pay the man....I’ll spend mine on beer and go fast parts