Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

getting closer... won't even need to use the fallen maple limb.   

IMG_20230819_182120741_HDR.jpg

Cut your grass 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The wife continues her excitement with cooking on the Blackstone ... sliced steak with mushrooms and onions, on a toasted ciabatta bun ... some roasted baby potatoes, and a nice vodka lemonade tonight.  Heat wave coming this week (go figure, it's MN State Fair time), so the cooking outside may have to take a break.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Honey garlic smokie in a bun w/onions and a big bowl of homemade creamy potato/bacon soup

What is a honey garlic smokie?  Smoked sausage?

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

What is a honey garlic smokie?  Smoked sausage?

Yeah that's just what we call them up here even on restaurant menus. Moose smokies cooked on a fire on the ice , ice fishing is customary too.

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Being lazy tonight, hotdogs, tater salad, and some Fritos 

I like hot dogs. Unfortunately Nicole isn't a fan even though we always get the good natural casing hot dogs. Who cares what they are made from :lol:

Beans, hot dogs and freshly baked corn bread is a tremendous meal!  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, polaris7541 said:

had a hospital visit wifes awol had the Italian meat balls with bbq sauce on a bun and wine 

OTB - hopefully nothing serious.

We tried something new tonight, and it's actually pretty good.  The wife found a recipe calling for grilled kielbasa, tortellini, spinach, and then some mushrooms and fresh tomatoes in some sort of white sauce.  Not bad at all.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, ckf said:

I like hot dogs.

When our kids were young my 2 buddies and I would get 150lbs of moose meat made into hot dogs every year and split 'em 3 ways. They were a little fatter but kids loved them as did we. I love a hot dog with just mustard and onions Mmmmmm

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

When our kids were young my 2 buddies and I would get 150lbs of moose meat made into hot dogs every year and split 'em 3 ways. They were a little fatter but kids loved them as did we. I love a hot dog with just mustard and onions Mmmmmm

Mustard and sweet relish for me. Ketchup is gross on a hot dog and doesn't belong, lol

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

Mustard and sweet relish for me. Ketchup is gross on a hot dog and doesn't belong, lol

Mustard and onions for me.

• Like 4