Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Where you folks shop , derby ?

We are in Colebrook. We like not having to deal with bringing your own bags in Vermont. We hit Walmart in Derby or Gorham, NH once in a while. We order online and they bring it out and put it in the car for you. None of that self check out bullshit that way.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, ckf said:

We are in Colebrook. We like not having to deal with bringing your own bags in Vermont. We hit Walmart in Derby or Gorham, NH once in a while. We order online and they bring it out and put it in the car for you. None of that self check out bullshit that way.

IGA I assume. Ill hit that when we go to pittsburg. Hannafords in maine does that bring your own bag shit . 

Redickulous, Maine is a fucking paper state. Dont want plastic , fine use paper.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

IGA I assume. Ill hit that when we go to pittsburg. Hannafords in maine does that bring your own bag shit . 

Redickulous, Maine is a fucking paper state. Dont want plastic , fine use paper.

Yes, the IGA. We used to hit it every Saturday night on the way to my buddy's camp in Stewartstown. They make a real Italian, not that ham and salami crap .

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes, the IGA. We used to hit it every Saturday night on the way to my buddy's camp in Stewartstown. They make a real Italian, not that ham and salami crap .

Where is your buds camp
?

Our local store has reusable boxes.  You can use their plastic or paper bags for free as well, but once you shop in boxes you will never want bags again.7acb336055162dfa38e2a94e615f790e.jpegA couple bucks but way worth it.  Reusable bags, plastic bags or paper all suck to load, carry and unload in comparison  

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Our local store has reusable boxes.  You can use their plastic or paper bags for free as well, but once you shop in boxes you will never want bags again.7acb336055162dfa38e2a94e615f790e.jpegA couple bucks but way worth it.  Reusable bags, plastic bags or paper all suck to load, carry and unload in comparison  

place i go to will sometimes ask if you want a box. but they are just the boxes that their stock comes in . Great for starting the wood stove once home. Repurposing

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Where is your buds camp
?

It was in Stewartstown on South Hill. It was the perfect spot for sledding. I think it was at about 1800' so usually enough snow even when it was bare ground in Colebrook. We used to ride Sunday, Monday and Tuesday or just Monday and Tuesday if I had to work on Sunday.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

place i go to will sometimes ask if you want a box. but they are just the boxes that their stock comes in . Great for starting the wood stove once home. Repurposing

These are like laundry baskets and can be loaded to hell.  4 gallon of milk plus a bunch of other shit is no big deal.  They make loading and unloading super easy.  Usually I use 2 and have one cold and one hot and takes nearly no time.  Can load them in the store faster than they can check out

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

It was in Stewartstown on South Hill. It was the perfect spot for sledding. I think it was at about 1800' so usually enough snow even when it was bare ground in Colebrook. We used to ride Sunday, Monday and Tuesday or just Monday and Tuesday if I had to work on Sunday.

Yrs ago I had a place on piper hill

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

In Vermont it's either bring your own bags or they are required by state law to charge you 10 or 20 cents for a paper bag. Plastic isn't allowed. Hell, I can't even get a plastic straw in Vermont.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

In Vermont it's either bring your own bags or they are required by state law to charge you 10 or 20 cents for a paper bag. Plastic isn't allowed. Hell, I can't even get a plastic straw in Vermont.

Amazing to me they don't offer boxes.  I keep mine in the trunk and use them for all sorts of other shit too

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

A bag of Doritos seems fitting!

:ashamed:

Are you on the road? That's something that I would do when out taking pics.

Yrs ago I had a place on piper hill

He looked at a place on Piper Hill but bought the one on South Hill. Were you in a good spot for snow there?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

He looked at a place on Piper Hill but bought the one on South Hill. Were you in a good spot for snow there?

Yeah, was real good. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deephaven said:

Amazing to me they don't offer boxes.  I keep mine in the trunk and use them for all sorts of other shit too

Vermont is a joke on shit like this. We aren't even supposed to put food scraps in the trash. They expect people to compost everything. Around here that tends to attract black bears from time to time.. SMH

Yeah, was real good. 

When there was good snow we used to head south and hit Groveton and then loop over to Milsfield. They trails over that way were always good. As a bonus we didn't have to deal with the Pittsburg crowd.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

I hope not! :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, ckf said:

When there was good snow we used to head south and hit Groveton and then loop over to Milsfield. They trails over that way were always good. As a bonus we didn't have to deal with the Pittsburg crowd.

I always went into Island pond and on to derby. Early 90's I did a job in bloomfield and stayed at the northern comfort in Colebrook. 2 nights a week After work I would ride to the border in Derby for dinner. 

Shame , that place turned into a fucking shithole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Nicole is in the grocery store right now. I'm hoping for a fresh Italian sub. We'll see....

That's what she got me. Add a few fresh tomatoe slices and I am good to go.

I always went into Island pond and on to derby. Early 90's I did a job in bloomfield and stayed at the northern comfort in Colebrook. 2 nights a week After work I would ride to the border in Derby for dinner. 

Shame , that place turned into a fucking shithole.

This would have been later than that. He bought his camp in 2002 because the 1st sled that I rode from camp was my 03 F7.

In the early 90s I did register Vermont and rode from my inlaws at Newark Pond.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's what she got me. Add a few fresh tomatoe slices and I am good to go.

This would have been later than that. He bought his camp in 2002 because the 1st sled that I rode from camp was my 03 F7.

In the early 90s I did register Vermont and rode from my inlaws at Newark Pond.

This was probably 89-92

• Like 1