Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

• Platinum Contributing Member

For he game mamma's making herself a pizza, Im having wings .

For an app Ill thin slice some zuchinni , dip in egg , roll in breadcrumbs and panfry in olive oil. Then a side of marinara for dipping them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Trying out an instapot tonight. Rice and shrimp. Never used one before. I feel like an Islamic bomb maker. 

Any recipe that states you should cook shrimp in an instapot is one to avoid as something that takes 30 seconds to cook and is easily overcooked is something I'd avoid putting in there...    Personally I see no value in one, but also have a rather commercial kitchen.

First night back from the Dominican so I had to cook.  Was lazy and made a Thai Laab Salad....and yes, I realize there is a half pound of meat in my salad, but the asians are on to something when they say "salad" :P

uKXZm6p.jpg

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Any recipe that states you should cook shrimp in an instapot is one to avoid as something that takes 30 seconds to cook and is easily overcooked is something I'd avoid putting in there...    Personally I see no value in one, but also have a rather commercial kitchen.

First night back from the Dominican so I had to cook.  Was lazy and made a Thai Laab Salad....and yes, I realize there is a half pound of meat in my salad, but the asians are on to something when they say "salad" :P

uKXZm6p.jpg

The shrimp was sautéed in the instapot and set aside. The jasmine rice was done under pressure. Garlic, turmeric, cilantro, avocado oil, cinnamon, and cumin. It turned out delicious. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The shrimp was sautéed in the instapot and set aside. The jasmine rice was done under pressure. Garlic, turmeric, cilantro, avocado oil, cinnamon, and cumin. It turned out delicious. 

Ah, so the instapot mimic'd a normal pan which makes way more sense than "slow cooked" shrimp :)

58 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Ah, so the instapot mimic'd a normal pan which makes way more sense than "slow cooked" shrimp :)

It’s a pretty handy investment. I got the smaller 3qt. Perfect for rv use where space is a premium. I really missed slow cooked food which the instapot can also accomplish. 

• Like 1