Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

The wife is doing a crockpot stew today. We have plenty of stuff prepped in the freezer like homemade burgers, chicken souvlaki,  meat sauce etc etc. I have enough individual frozen dough and cheese etc to make 7 more pizzas. With all the roasts/steaks/pork and chicken we should be able to play hide and seek and hide the weenie for some time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2020 at 5:33 PM, Big Crappie said:

LOL, no, you are supposed to go out and pick it up and bring it in.

I opened the door and told the driver to hand me my pizza, I promise not to cough on you or touch you. I can't believe it's come to this. :bh:

Stop coming to the door naked?

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I took a whole chicken out of the freezer last night. I think I’m going with the snake method.

Do you have any lump charcoal? That's what I use for chicken as it burns a little warmer when doing the snake method. 325-350 seems to work best for me with chicken.  To low of a temperature and the skin is like rubber. 

Just now, ckf said:

Do you have any lump charcoal? That's what I use for chicken as it burns a little warmer when doing the snake method. 325-350 seems to work best for me with chicken.  To low of a temperature and the skin is like rubber. 

My base layer is briquettes and the top layer is lump. I use kingsford apple briquettes.:bbq:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ckf said:

FU...I'm on my phone and hate typing on it. Time for the grasshopper to step up and take the lead :news:

Funny story, when it (snake method) was first mentioned, I thought it was a way Snake cooked his ribs..I almost pm'd him asking what his method was..hahaha.. :lol2:. Derp!!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

FU...I'm on my phone and hate typing on it. Time for the grasshopper to step up and take the lead :news:

I find using my 18 is way better cooking small things like turkey breast and small chickens.

• Like 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Funny story, when it (snake method) was first mentioned, I thought it was a way Snake cooked his ribs..I almost pm'd him asking what his method was..hahaha.. :lol2:. Derp!!

:lol:

Hey @Snake. How do you cook your ribs?  :lmao:

• Haha 1

Just now, smokin george said:

Got it! That's pretty cool. 

It basically turns a simple charcoal grill into a smoker. You don’t have to fuck with it at all. Lots of info on Weber’s website. I credit CKF for turning a lot of us on to it. It’s one of the few useful things I’ve gotten from wasting my time on the board.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It basically turns a simple charcoal grill into a smoker. You don’t have to fuck with it at all. Lots of info on Weber’s website. I credit CKF for turning a lot of us on to it. It’s one of the few useful things I’ve gotten from wasting my time on the board.

I'm thinking of tearing the guts out of my propane grill, getting a stainless pan made to hold the charcoal/ briquettes once all the burners are done. The only thing I'll leave in it is the rotisserie burner for roasts. 

• Like 2

We had bland fucking turnip !!! Just fucking turnip, because my mother said we can sacrifice a good meal to understand people in tough times!!! She claims my great grand parents lived on turnip during the great depression !!

• Haha 1