Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, snowstorm said:

brakes camed over it got hot started the oil in the hub burning then the tire. thats how it usually works. good for him dropping the trailer

Yep, fire was right inside the wheels, I thought the same to myself getting the tractor disconnected..It's a garbage hauler from NYC going out to the country to dump the shit holes trash on us..

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yep, fire was right inside the wheels, I thought the same to myself getting the tractor disconnected..It's a garbage hauler from NYC going out to the country to dump the shit holes trash on us..

Just one more reason to hate NYC. Fucking garbage!

19 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yup, I forgot that's getting dumped in you and @01mxz800 back yard..Sucks

looks like one of those New Jersey non-English speaking dumbfucks, at least it's not flopped over with shit thrown all over the place like it usually is

36 minutes ago, old indy said:

Reds and blues are the worST!  the chalk never seems to go away.

They've clear coated it with some kind of epoxy. We tried various grits wet sanding and finally got a combo that's working. It needs some gelcoat repairs etc etc

44 minutes ago, old indy said:

Reds and blues are the worST!  the chalk never seems to go away.

both are terrible colors to keep looking good.  my old man  picked up a repo when i was in HS,  maroon grey and white 35' cruisers and we wheeled that fucker for days to get some of the red back.  I still have the buffer we were using on it in my basement that i pull out once in awhile to buff something.  

It took long enough to get some shine. I went from 400 ,600 ,1000, 1500 then 3000 and then compound. Once the sides are repaired and the same process done we"ll do a final polish/ceramic coat. We'll have a couple more weeks on the old scow and I'll be fkn happy lol. 

20191218_165001.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smokin george said:

They've clear coated it with some kind of epoxy. We tried various grits wet sanding and finally got a combo that's working. It needs some gelcoat repairs etc etc

was it clear coat or all grip or elixseal . both are a 2 part epoxy that they paint boats with. neither one is meant to be waxed. or they tell you not to wax it. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I re-shot the church in Burke Hollow today when it was snowing.

Color or B&W?

20191218-20191218-IMG_9043.jpg

20191218-20191218-IMG_9043-b-w.jpg

Can't decide, both are pretty cool. I like the blue hue in the top one but the bottom looks more crisp. Nice shots, John!  :bc:

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Black and white for sure.  Color has too much blue, as typical with snow/ice.

Have a look on the vector scope!

Neal

I added to the blue/cool look when I adjusted the WB down to 6000k. I think AWB had it at 6700k.

1 hour ago, snowstorm said:

was it clear coat or all grip or elixseal . both are a 2 part epoxy that they paint boats with. neither one is meant to be waxed. or they tell you not to wax it. 

The boat came out of the US so no idea how many owners had it or what was done previously. It's pretty tough stuff whatever it is and no colour was getting on the discs. I got it to finally shine finally. There were grey pit marks that I got rid of but something's etched into the gelcoat